User Tag List

12311 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Default What happens when NF explodes?

I haven't lost my self-control since I was ten. It bothers me. I would like to know how I react if I lose it, but of course I can't make myself lose it, and I'm not sure that I dared if I could. Its like, I have no evidence that I would be dangerous or anything, but it doesn't feel good not knowing...

The second last time I lost it was when I was 8 or something. My brother had left scissors on the floor and we ran around the house and I ended up having the scissors in my foot. I mostly yelled some ugly stuff. Then the last time was when we were fighting outside (i was sick of fighting all the time with him, but he somehow enjoyed it) and I broke his self-confidence by laughing at him while he was trying to keep me down. Im not sure if he ever recovered emotionally. He was devastated by it.

So, now I'm quite a lot older and I don't really know what I might do if I ever lose my sence of right and wrong. I mean, it was really a big surprise for the ten-year-old-me to break someone with a laugh, and I have never done anything like that again, but it makes me think that I could possibly hurt someone really bad if I don't keep myself in check.

Experiences?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Ugh, once I swallow it myself I'll get right on that.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've gotten into brawls with grown men before. That's what happens when NF gets pushed beyond endurance.

I would never do such a thing now. I'm mostly a wall/door kicker. But my temper is still pretty fierce. I have to sit on it a lot.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

I have never been the type to chew someone out and be nasty, but if I'm *really* angry, I'll break things.

Last week it was a flower pot.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I always thought when NFs explode confetti goes everywhere with ponies and rainbows and such, with a slight baby's giggle in the background.

Heh,
    But seriously,
    "Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after fact in an emotional outburst."

I think that applies to all NFs mostly though, at least INFP and INFJ.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Logic doesn't worry me, breaking stuff neither. It is the emotional sharp-shooting that I am afraid of.

MBTI
    INFP

I just yell a lot of harsh things at surprising speed and volume. I can't fight at all, so when I actually do just get so irked to the point of loss of self-control I'm just loud and mean, and if everything persists, I'll probably start crying a bit.

This has only happened twice, though.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    INFJ

I just yell a lot of harsh things at surprising speed and volume. I can't fight at all, so when I actually do just get so irked to the point of loss of self-control I'm just loud and mean, and if everything persists, I'll probably start crying a bit.
    Yes. This is exactly what I do. I don't recklessly yell random harsh things, though, they are usually focused exactly on the specific thing that annoyed me and made me lose my temper. This way I feel less terrible afterwards, and it makes making up easier.

Still. I hate it when I get like that and I usually end up feeling much more frustrated with myself than with the luckless family member in question.

edit: my version of yelling is not exactly yelling, it's more like talking louder and faster than usual. And with flashing eyes.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    _NFP

Heh heh.....hellfire.

Seriously. I lose rationality for a while and am out to hurt the offender. Eventually, it wears off, but the residue remains for an uncertain period of time. Then, if we work through the conflict, I feel a closer connection between him/her and me.

MBTI
    Infx

If I actually get to that point from the high tolerance I've built up.. you will be in pain.

Whether it's because I break something physically or start sarcastically stabbing you emotionally with all the weaknesses and personal fears of yours that I've picked up on but not mentioned out of courtesy.. really depends on the situation.

And most likely either way I'll be staring you down the whole time. And I will feel absolutely no remorse because at that point, you WILL have deserved it and I won't hold back.

This is extra scary considering I've never really reached the breaking point since I was little and it wasn't that bad. The worst it ever got was almost taking a chair to a 4th grade girl's face. Thankfully, I stopped myself. o_O Uh, anyway, point being, I'm usually the nicest, sweetest, goofiest person you'll ever meet, so if I get serious, focused and my eyes start flashing... it's really really scary(shadow ESTP... look out!)
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.