• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What happens when NF explodes?

sade

that's almost word for word something my brother would say. for the longest time I wondered if you were him, turns out you aren't.

I thought it sounded familiar too, but it isn't my brother either. Meh.

Unique

that's almost word for word something my brother would say. for the longest time I wondered if you were him, turns out you aren't.

I'm not even remotely close to any other human on this planet, I assure you ;)

saxman

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't get angry either. But get frustrated by the world sometimes, and annoyed with myself a bit.

Actually, just to throw it out there, I think ENFPs probably get angry the least of all types.

I've found that NFs spend so much time understanding their own emotions, and managing how they think others what them to appear, that what you see is a calm diplomat when really there is all this energy hidden inside.

I think the whole act of managing emotions just leads to confusion more than anything. It's odd when you have a situation which should make someone upset, angry, jealous, etc... and the person is just saying everything is ok. I know that I do that all the time. And it's not until someone is persistent about pushing my buttons about it that I'll finally let it all out. I'll feel really badly about revealing that I have all these ugly emotions, but at the same time I'll feel better for getting it out. Then I go back to calm, collected, and managed.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I have only 'exploded' once or twice ever in my life but both have been something akin to volcano fueled on red bull and is seething with pure rage. I honestly think that I have forced those times I have gone off completely out of my head because I can't even remember what they were about.

Unique

I have only 'exploded' once or twice ever in my life but both have been something akin to volcano fueled on red bull and is seething with pure rage. I honestly think that I have forced those times I have gone off completely out of my head because I can't even remember what they were about.

I had 5 red bulls once, that was hilarious... I couldn't stop partying

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
o_O If I have just a sip of redbull I am wired for hours, that stuff is like catnip for me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tonight I got rather angry at a meeting for work, and so I ate more than my share of crackers! AND I put all the available toppings on them including salmon and cheese. That'll teach'em. :steam:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've found that NFs spend so much time understanding their own emotions, and managing how they think others what them to appear, that what you see is a calm diplomat when really there is all this energy hidden inside.

I think the whole act of managing emotions just leads to confusion more than anything. It's odd when you have a situation which should make someone upset, angry, jealous, etc... and the person is just saying everything is ok. I know that I do that all the time. And it's not until someone is persistent about pushing my buttons about it that I'll finally let it all out. I'll feel really badly about revealing that I have all these ugly emotions, but at the same time I'll feel better for getting it out. Then I go back to calm, collected, and managed.

That's the advantage of being Ne dom and an extrovert. You just read more into the situation until you find a way to be satisfied and resolve it. I don't actually bottle much anger at all. When I say it is okay, it normally means I'm not concerned.

The time when I get really annoyed is when I address something lots of times, then it continues. And it normally has to be something restricting mine or someone elses liberty as a person. And be intentional. Like someone has to be getting messed around lots for no reason.

PurpleDusk

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I 'explode' I generally yell at people about how they are ruining my life. Well, they aren't really ruining it but it's how I feel at that moment. I have smashed, thrown and hit things before but that's generally when 'exploding' over something I did wrong, not when others make me mad.