User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default INF Mannerisms on Video

An interesting discussion began in Tiltyred's thread about INFP and INFJ types mannerism and speech styles on video. This is a thread to post and compare styles based on either external typings or personal typings. It would be interesting to include celebrity, strangers, and our own videos for comparison. I think there are some interesting distinctions to examine as well as cross over types of mannerisms. It will just be interesting to see the discussion develop.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a theory that Ni-Ti loopers have really laid back demeanors, but it's mostly because I know Ni to be a perceiving function and everyone I've ever struggled to type as an INFJ, including myself, and finally resolved that they were a laid back breed of the type, they always seemed to have strong Ni-Ti qualities, but quite withdrawn so that Fe was less visible. I can't come up with a celebrity example, except for character examples of Mulder from the "X-Files" and Allison Dubois from "Medium". Perhaps it has more to do with being from the 90's when everyone was so droopy. I couldn't find good video clips of them simply speaking individually, but if you can imagine the characters perhaps you will know what I mean. Perhaps I'll come back and post a link to the typing video clip I made about a year ago. I'll also try to think of better examples of what I'm talking about.

I hope others will post here...
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    9w8

I love Mulder. haha...but I know what you mean. I did a horrible job on my video and a friend told me that it was not like me in real life. I restrained myself from talking with my hands or showing too much facial excitement. I didn't want to come off as all "touchy feely" or anything and I wanted people to know that I'm a calm thinker. Maybe that just comes out TOO much? I think I'll try making another one and try to be more myself, but somehow when I know I'm being taped, I suddenly get all calm and stoic. It's a weird phenomenon.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I love Mulder. haha...but I know what you mean. I did a horrible job on my video and a friend told me that it was not like me in real life. I restrained myself from talking with my hands or showing too much facial excitement. I didn't want to come off as all "touchy feely" or anything and I wanted people to know that I'm a calm thinker. Maybe that just comes out TOO much? I think I'll try making another one and try to be more myself, but somehow when I know I'm being taped, I suddenly get all calm and stoic. It's a weird phenomenon.
    That would be great to see. There can be a switch of modes between Ni-Ti and Fe-Se for INFJ types, but I'm not sure if you are that or INFP. At any rate, personalities are complex with many dimensions to them. I'll go ahead and post my link here. People typically read strong Ni and Ti in the content of my communication, but my manner is not the stereotype J from what I know of it.

This clip took forever buffering on my computer, so hopefully it will work more quickly for others.
    http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/an...cVid1.mp4.html
    http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/an...tml?sort=4&o=1
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    That would be great to see. There can be a switch of modes between Ni-Ti and Fe-Se for INFJ types, but I'm not sure if you are that or INFP. At any rate, personalities are complex with many dimensions to them. I'll go ahead and post my link here. People typically read strong Ni and Ti in the content of my communication, but my manner is not the stereotype J from what I know of it.

This clip took forever buffering on my computer, so hopefully it will work more quickly for others.
    You remind me of the ‘Mrs. Darling’ character from Peter Pan (2003), though I’m unsure whether it’s mainly the actress who’s playing the role or the features of the character. You definitely seem like a very sweet person, regardless.

*I've just watched some of her interviews, and she appeared like the soft-spoken variety of INFJ’s. You’re so lovely and feminine, fia! My best friend is also very feminine; I’m more of the Evangeline Lilly type. I'd try to wrestle her sometimes (my best friend) and it'd freak her out... haha.

Enneagram
    9w8

I will definitely do it then!

I really enjoyed watching your videos and think that you do come as having a kindness or a gentleness about you that isn't as apparent in your written communication, but written words are so limiting.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

MBTI
    yupp

give me a topic, and i'll talk about it for 5 seconds than go into what i want to talk about. if anyone needs INFP guinea pig for this thread
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I will definitely do it then!

I really enjoyed watching your videos and think that you do come as having a kindness or a gentleness about you that isn't as apparent in your written communication, but written words are so limiting.
    I wish someone could explain this to me. How I come across online and how I come across in person are nearly completely opposite. It always stuns me to hear people's impressions of me as they see me online -- I've heard things like "I thought you were 6 feet tall," "I thought you had a deep, stern voice," and when they find out I'm 5' 3.5" and my voice is unusually soft and gentle, as is my demeanor, they flip. I wonder how many other INFJs have this experience.

ETA: This is what makes it hilarious when I make a smart-ass oneliner, too.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I wish someone could explain this to me. How I come across online and how I come across in person are nearly completely opposite. It always stuns me to hear people's impressions of me as they see me online -- I've heard things like "I thought you were 6 feet tall," "I thought you had a deep, stern voice," and when they find out I'm 5' 3.5" and my voice is unusually soft and gentle, as is my demeanor, they flip. I wonder how many other INFJs have this experience.

Tiltyred

I would love to watch your online video. Yeah, people always get mental images of each other and these images are so often so far off base. I'm not sure what makes us, as people, do that to each other. I guess we just have to have some image to tie things to in order to form an anchor in our minds. Not sure.

Anyway, I couldn't get the other link you posted to open. Do you mind posting it again? I would very much like to watch.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post

I don't know if I thought you were 6 foot tall, but you do have a very large presence via the written word! It's interesting how people come across in different contexts.

You should post a video for us!

The video played just fine! Seeing/hearing you, makes you seem much more immediate. But I guess that's an obvious advantage of videos over written communication. Very interesting stuff! You certainly seem very INFJ here. I see more Fe in this video than I see in your posts...not that you aren't tactful, it's difficult to explain, but I saw it!

I know it's not very scientific, but I find the types give off very similar vibes. Even if you're very different than your MBTI brethren, the connecting thread comes through when you hear/see them speak and explain themselves. The vibe I get from Fia is consistent with the handful of INFJ's I have witnessed.

I made a video a couple years ago, and people claimed I was ENFP. Hopefully I don't ruin the thread's data pool with my lack of self-awareness, but I feel very INFP. It's just difficult to communicate my INFPness, Ne is much better at talking to people. Also, after about 30 seconds, you will have absorbed everything you need to know about my mannerisms, no need to watch the whole 8 minutes. I had a hard time staying on point because I was very nervous