• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INF Mannerisms on Video

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think on video my mannerisms seem more INFP like, according to descriptions I've seen and other INFP videos. The eyes dart around a bit, expressive, not focused on the object. Voice when talking about feelings tends to be softer, which is more Fi-like. But when it comes to talking about thoughts, it gets more terse and open. Generally I seem pretty laid-back in videos, which doesn't negate the Ni-Ti description though.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
god damn, how many infj moderators we got up in here?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], I LOVE your videos and you feel INFJ to me. There is a gentleness and conscientiousness about you. We agree on possibly everything you said. :)

Thank you, Fia. That means much coming from you [meaning I really respect your opinion a lot]. I had no doubt that you were INFJ after I watched your video.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]I really liked your answers! Thank you for sharing and yes, I do believe you are INFJ.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for sharing, [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]. Your video was really interesting to see, and you do come across very INFJ. It was interesting to see how you light up when you talk about people you like. I could feel that you were thinking about specific individuals each at a time. You had no hand gestures when talking until you talked about people, and then they were present during most of that which felt like you were more engaged in the external world.

There are a lot of distanced thought processes when thinking about universal systems. I do notice that Ni-Ti vs Fe-Se strong contrast in communication, although with your video I felt there was a topical aspect to it whereas in mine it seemed more of a parallel contrast of content vs. mannerism throughout.

I also felt a certain type of innocence from you at the very beginning when talking about what makes you angry. I felt a distinct distance between you and cruelty which could be because you have been able to keep it primarily theoretical and universalized in conception and reaction, or there could be another reason. Does that make sense? I've sometimes felt that innocence in your posts. It makes me feel like there is a certain distilled purity to your type. I don't know if you have ever noticed a certain grittiness, rawness, even earthiness in the posts by cafe, Tiltyred or myself. It is interesting because I notice similarity of thought processes, but a difference in terms of felt experience. I hope I am expressing myself correctly and not offensively because it is a rather intangible, inexplicable feeling that could mean a range of things. It is almost like there is an idealized aspect to how you experience and express type.
Hi fia, thanks for your response. I have noticed the earthiness in the posts of the users you mentioned. Maybe it comes from more self assuredness on their parts. I don't deny in myself grit, and especially regarding cruelty, I have made it a point to learn about topics of cruelty and human evil in the world. I see in myself a darkside, too, which surely everyone possesses, but mine seems to play out in that stereotypical INFJ way of making myself vital to someone and then pulling away and leaving them bereft. This may sound like a humblebrag, but I don't mean it that way, I sincerely struggle with causing hurt in this way. What makes me angry is my problem dealing with this. Also, I was going through a strong period of anxiety and thats part of what I was mentioning about different theories about why I'm not outwardly angry, and I think its related to anger redirected and turned inward and manifesting as anxiety and self-loathing. But a lot of it, I think has to do with me viewing many videos where INFXs described in detail the injustices that anger them, those resonated, but I didn't want to be redundant. Its very enneagram four, I think ;) But I do understand what you are getting at, that there are different qualities of processing preferences, and maybe mine across a bit more idealized or floaty. I also wonder what part being a social first variant plays. Anyway, back to mannerisms, I was wondering if my eyes darting around or lack of the supposed "Ni-gaze" that I hear so much about, or even anything else made anybody think I stood apart from other INFJ or the INFP video submissions. In this thread I was typed as a definite ESFJ (the poster later edited his posts to make the pronouncements softer) and [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] was typed as an ENFP. Thanks again for taking the time to watch and comment. I still don't know if I can really identify any INF mannerisms yet, but I look forward to more data. I'm not sure why, but I cannot view your videos, I just see a broken image icon :(

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION], I'll try to figure out the problem with my links. I also have them linked in my blog. They are at photobucket instead of YouTube so maybe only people with accounts can see them?

I'm glad you clarified about the anger response and what I'm saying is hard to put into words. I have noticed that sometimes posters of iNtuitive types that have lived through poverty, abuse, or wars can have a different feel because they have had to look the question of survival in the eye. Also age can influence style. I think it could be interesting for you to see my vid clips. My eyes actually move very much like yours although I use fewer hand gestures but more head movement. I'll be back for more comments...

I also disagree with Ni stare. Eye movement to the edges of the eyes shows internal mental processing which is indicative of abstract thinking and can show what part of the brain is being used.

Edit:
Anyway, back to mannerisms, I was wondering if my eyes darting around or lack of the supposed "Ni-gaze" that I hear so much about, or even anything else made anybody think I stood apart from other INFJ or the INFP video submissions. In this thread I was typed as a definite ESFJ (the poster later edited his posts to make the pronouncements softer) and [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] was typed as an ENFP. Thanks again for taking the time to watch and comment. I still don't know if I can really identify any INF mannerisms yet, but I look forward to more data. I'm not sure why, but I cannot view your videos, I just see a broken image icon :(
This part just now struck me, and I would have to say that the ESFJ typing for you and the ENFP typing for cascedeco are pretty far from accurate. I'm a bit unconvinced that typings can be accurate based on mannerisms because it is a complex layering of influences from inside and outside that create these. Just looking at feral children and how exactly they copies animals shows that are manners are far more influenced externally than intrinsically. Place a child to be raised by dogs and her every movement and manner resembles a dog. Place a puppy with humans and its mannerisms are still like a dog, almost entirely.

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
here;s minee i don't think i have mannerisms. but judge away. judge away.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Here's the video I made for the Cognitive Type Forum to type me with. Indecently, I find the idea of cognitive functions linked to expressions, mannerisms and body movements fascinating, as it makes sense to me. We'll see how far it gets. For the record, I identify with NiFe, but I've been told NiTe is possible too, it's up in the air at this point. Most likely, I'll be taking this down soon.. Thanks. :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]
I'm thinking INFP and probably a balanced one at that.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Will add this video clip while we're at it.
<link removed>

(I plan on removing the link after some time).

Insights appreciated. :)

Last edited:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7647]Lux[/MENTION]: I'm picking up on the Ni-Fe drive to improve other people's lives. Your voice carries on purpose and passion for working with people. You look directly at the camera, and then away from it when you're contemplating your future goals. Intensity in the gaze too, which is consistent with Ni-Se. Ni-Te is a possibility, but you seem more people oriented and your voice gets more passionate when you include the personal aspect of goals and respect.

Te might be a strong function for you, but Fe can be very purposeful and intense as well, especially regarding respect for your fellow man. I sense an urgency in the tone of your voice when discussing Fe based values. It's as if you're spurring action. Intensity is definitely there. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi fia, thanks for your response. I have noticed the earthiness in the posts of the users you mentioned. Maybe it comes from more self assuredness on their parts.
That could be part of it. I know for myself I have quite a lot of self-doubt and relate to a lot of what you said in the rest of your post here that I will comment on.

I don't deny in myself grit, and especially regarding cruelty, I have made it a point to learn about topics of cruelty and human evil in the world. I see in myself a darkside, too, which surely everyone possesses, but mine seems to play out in that stereotypical INFJ way of making myself vital to someone and then pulling away and leaving them bereft. This may sound like a humblebrag, but I don't mean it that way, I sincerely struggle with causing hurt in this way. What makes me angry is my problem dealing with this.
You struck me as a very caring and compassionate person. There is an issue with INFJs becoming overwhelmed socially and having to withdraw, but I've definitely had other types do this as well. At some point in life I've found that it isn't something to judge a person over, but instead to just calibrate to whatever a person can give at any point in time. I have an INFP friend I adore, but she can be very cold and distant at times, so even though I keep getting hurt by her, I'm trying to just calibrate and accept her for exactly who she is rather than my idea of whom I'd like her to be. I found this quote and try to live by it: "A great burden was lifted from my shoulders the day I realized that no one owes me anything."

Also, I was going through a strong period of anxiety and thats part of what I was mentioning about different theories about why I'm not outwardly angry, and I think its related to anger redirected and turned inward and manifesting as anxiety and self-loathing.
This I can relate to feeling, and I feel empathy for anyone dealing with it. I've had to make efforts to turn my anger outwards, but always struggled with it because I would assume that if I just understood more about another person's experience, that then I would excuse the behavior. I recently read some diaries from my teenage years and was amazed at the mental gymnastics I performed to excuse the behavior of people who were not treating me right at all. I think people, even rather abstract thinking ones, need simple hugs more often to help combat the complexity of self-loathing.

But a lot of it, I think has to do with me viewing many videos where INFXs described in detail the injustices that anger them, those resonated, but I didn't want to be redundant. Its very enneagram four, I think ;) But I do understand what you are getting at, that there are different qualities of processing preferences, and maybe mine across a bit more idealized or floaty. I also wonder what part being a social first variant plays.
It is difficult to read intensely private people, so that definitely plays a role, but I just had an initial impression of a kind of innocence that includes compassion. You did say at the beginning that you didn't want to be redundant, and it is clear that you care about the large systems that have destructive, hurtful, and cruel effects on people and creatures.

Anyway, back to mannerisms, I was wondering if my eyes darting around or lack of the supposed "Ni-gaze" that I hear so much about, or even anything else made anybody think I stood apart from other INFJ or the INFP video submissions. In this thread I was typed as a definite ESFJ (the poster later edited his posts to make the pronouncements softer) and [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] was typed as an ENFP. Thanks again for taking the time to watch and comment. I still don't know if I can really identify any INF mannerisms yet, but I look forward to more data. I'm not sure why, but I cannot view your videos, I just see a broken image icon :(
I'm uploading at least the first one to youtube, so I'll repost it here in a bit.

Also, this is part of what I was talking about with the eye movement. I'll have to read the MBTI functional analysis of eye usages, but what has been already established has more to do with visual, auditory, and kinesthetic memories. I'll have to rewatch a couple videos noticing the eye movement.
eyemov1.gif

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hopefully this will work for everyone.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the next in the sequence fwiw
Actually, it was just uploaded, so I think it will work in a few minutes. Here is another type of link that is working for me right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0l8XMTHViA

Edit: So I watched some at the link [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] provided and did see some parallel mapping. I noticed I exhibited less Fe in terms of hand gestures and more Ti in terms of looking down. The Ni stare is not as persistent as I thought it was going to be and the looking to the sides and occasional gaze forward, possibly through the object I did relate to. The main difference is that I look up and to the right more distinctly than discussed here.

It also says that "judgment leading perception" is demonstrated in eyes not syncing with the rest of the body and I do that. hmmm Strangely enough my facial cues are also like the female INTPs. I don't think I could distinguish between the female INFJs and INTPs in the videos. I can with the INFP, though.

baccheion

Interesting. From what I've seen, INFP speech tends to be more like a free flowing stream of consciousness (Ne), while an INFJ's seems slower-paced and deliberate probably with some sort of script to guide them.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting. From what I've seen, INFP speech tends to be more like a free flowing stream of consciousness (Ne), while an INFJ's seems slower-paced and deliberate probably with some sort of script to guide them.

That is a very good observation!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are things you're looking for with INFP. (You'll have to save this pic and then enlarge it to be able to read it.)
FiNe.jpg

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9273]Just looking at feral children and how exactly they copies animals shows that are manners are far more influenced externally than intrinsically. Place a child to be raised by dogs and her every movement and manner resembles a dog. Place a puppy with humans and its mannerisms are still like a dog, almost entirely.

I just caught this -- what do you say to the studies showing twins who were separated at birth and raised by different families, who come together and find they use almost identical gestures, have the same favorite colors, clothes are almost exactly the same, etc.?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just caught this -- what do you say to the studies showing twins who were separated at birth and raised by different families, who come together and find they use almost identical gestures, have the same favorite colors, clothes are almost exactly the same, etc.?
Wow that is interesting. I'm not sure what to think because it appears to contrast with the question in feral children. Perhaps there are more mannerism embedded even in the feral children scenario that are obscured. Humans do copy each others gestures as well which is seen in friendships as well as families with genetic ties.

Ha, perhaps the twins are connected mentally/psychically (half kidding) Here's another question - do separated twins mimick those in their environment, and could this be seen in the remote twin. Does twin B have mannerisms like twin A's adoptive mother? There are just a ton of questions attached to this because there is clearly conflicting info. *goes to look up research*...