User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I wish someone could explain this to me. How I come across online and how I come across in person are nearly completely opposite. It always stuns me to hear people's impressions of me as they see me online -- I've heard things like "I thought you were 6 feet tall," "I thought you had a deep, stern voice," and when they find out I'm 5' 3.5" and my voice is unusually soft and gentle, as is my demeanor, they flip. I wonder how many other INFJs have this experience.

ETA: This is what makes it hilarious when I make a smart-ass oneliner, too.

I am 5 feet, 5 inches... depth: 8 ft 3 inches. Price negotiable. It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. Kidding.

I do know how you feel.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    The video played just fine! Seeing/hearing you, makes you seem much more immediate. But I guess that's an obvious advantage of videos over written communication. Very interesting stuff! You certainly seem very INFJ here. I see more Fe in this video than I see in your posts...not that you aren't tactful, it's difficult to explain, but I saw it!

I know it's not very scientific, but I find the types give off very similar vibes. Even if you're very different than your MBTI brethren, the connecting thread comes through when you hear/see them speak and explain themselves. The vibe I get from Fia is consistent with the handful of INFJ's I have witnessed.
    I look forward to watching your video!

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I will definitely do it then!

I really enjoyed watching your videos and think that you do come as having a kindness or a gentleness about you that isn't as apparent in your written communication, but written words are so limiting.
    I know lately I've been a bit more aggressive online, but I'm wondering what the difference is. I wonder if I were to type out the content of what I said in the video if that would seem different, or if there is actually a type of contrast between having expressive mannerisms, but detached ideas. I think that could be an INFJ attribute if their internal world is Ni-Ti, their thoughts will be quite detached. Their connection to the concrete world is Fe-Se and so there is a way to be very connected in the moment of feeling and sensation. Perhaps that is why mannerisms can be very present and connected, but the ideas more distant, abstract, and structured?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I made a video a couple years ago, and people claimed I was ENFP. Hopefully I don't ruin the thread's data pool with my lack of self-awareness, but I feel very INFP. It's just difficult to communicate my INFPness, Ne is much better at talking to people. Also, after about 30 seconds, you will have absorbed everything you need to know about my mannerisms, no need to watch the whole 8 minutes. I had a hard time staying on point because I was very nervous
    You do communicate a ton of Ne, but there are hints of Fi when you mention your personal preference of being around people who calm you and preferring to read and write. Perhaps someone who's thinking was dominated by Ne would enjoy a bit more stimulation socially? Not sure about that, but I'm just using backwards reasoning based on what you say about your preferences. I think that your Ne doesn't come through as much online?

It was fun to see because you are very imaginative, fun, and with a dash of nerdyness.
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I think that could be an INFJ attribute if their internal world is Ni-Ti, their thoughts will be quite detached. Their connection to the concrete world is Fe-Se and so there is a way to be very connected in the moment of feeling and sensation. Perhaps that is why mannerisms can be very present and connected, but the ideas more distant, abstract, and structured?
    This makes perfectly good sense to me and now I'm also wondering if it's true. I don't see why it wouldn't be.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

INFJ's have ESTP functions in reverse order which makes them look similar yet opposite poles of reality.

INFJ

INFP's are same functions as ESTJ but on the opposite pole of reality.
    INFP

Listen very closely to the content of their words as well. The INFJ is speaking about Fe and being a part of something bigger than himself. The INFP is focussed purely on the emotional content of her words and her individual morality.

Enneagram
    9w8

Well, here it is, take two. I broke it into two segments so that it would be easier to load. I hope this take is a little truer to my delivery. I didn't answer all of the questions, but maybe I answered enough.

A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    INFJ's have ESTP functions in reverse order which makes them look similar yet opposite poles of reality.

INFJ

INFP's are same functions as ESTJ but on the opposite pole of reality.
    INFP

Listen very closely to the content of their words as well. The INFJ is speaking about Fe and being a part of something bigger than himself. The INFP is focussed purely on the emotional content of her words and her individual morality.
    Yes, I do see the difference.

Oh, and, btw, I love what he said about a fish climbing a tree.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Ene, I LOVE your videos and you feel INFJ to me. There is a gentleness and conscientiousness about you. We agree on possibly everything you said.
    (from Blue Velvet)

Here is my video, I may remove it later.

*removed*
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 04-12-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: removed video
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Thanks for sharing, @Vasilisa. Your video was really interesting to see, and you do come across very INFJ. It was interesting to see how you light up when you talk about people you like. I could feel that you were thinking about specific individuals each at a time. You had no hand gestures when talking until you talked about people, and then they were present during most of that which felt like you were more engaged in the external world.

There are a lot of distanced thought processes when thinking about universal systems. I do notice that Ni-Ti vs Fe-Se strong contrast in communication, although with your video I felt there was a topical aspect to it whereas in mine it seemed more of a parallel contrast of content vs. mannerism throughout.

I also felt a certain type of innocence from you at the very beginning when talking about what makes you angry. I felt a distinct distance between you and cruelty which could be because you have been able to keep it primarily theoretical and universalized in conception and reaction, or there could be another reason. Does that make sense? I've sometimes felt that innocence in your posts. It makes me feel like there is a certain distilled purity to your type. I don't know if you have ever noticed a certain grittiness, rawness, even earthiness in the posts by cafe, Tiltyred or myself. It is interesting because I notice similarity of thought processes, but a difference in terms of felt experience. I hope I am expressing myself correctly and not offensively because it is a rather intangible, inexplicable feeling that could mean a range of things. It is almost like there is an idealized aspect to how you experience and express type.
    (from Blue Velvet)