User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default vegetarianism / veganism versus meat eating

I have couple simple questions to ask as I would like to discuss this topic, and I thought NF's would be a good demographic for this issue.

1. Are you a vegetarian / vegan, or do you eat meat?
    2. What are your reasons to support whichever one you are?

That's it!

I'd appreciate all responses.

Vegetarian. When I was a kid and discovered that meat was the muscle tissue of animals I just sort of couldn't handle that.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lalalandscape View Post
    I have couple simple questions to ask as I would like to discuss this topic, and I thought NF's would be a good demographic for this issue.

1. Are you a vegetarian / vegan, or do you eat meat?
    2. What are your reasons to support whichever one you are?

That's it!

I'd appreciate all responses.
    I am neither a vegetarian nor a vegan, though I prefer to go without meat than without vegetables. I limit the amount of meat I eat primarily for health and environmental reasons, and actually enjoy legumes and non-meat proteins. I do not share the moral opposition of many to meat-eating, mainly because I see that everything we eat was once alive. Life feeds on life: that is the way of the world. I try to remain mindful of that, of the life lost so mine may continue, to respect it and not to be wasteful.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Meat eater
    It's good, and I'm not an ethical person
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am neither a vegetarian nor a vegan, though I prefer to go without meat than without vegetables. I limit the amount of meat I eat primarily for health and environmental reasons, and actually enjoy legumes and non-meat proteins. I do not share the moral opposition of many to meat-eating, mainly because I see that everything we eat was once alive. Life feeds on life: that is the way of the world. I try to remain mindful of that, of the life lost so mine may continue, to respect it and not to be wasteful.
    I understand the sentiments behind this philosophy, but it seems at least some forms of life are more conscious than others, and that this necessitates placing more value in preserving their existence than others. By this I mean that animals have greater awareness than plants, and additionally are more capable of experiencing pain. True, all life eventually dies, but I still find value in maximizing the quality and quantity of the life that exists despite the inevitable fate. It does not seem like an all or nothing sort of matter, for there are degrees of being able to preserve life. Additionally many plants are not killed in order to cultivate and consume them, for only parts of them are used in consumption which do not kill the plant as a whole.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Meat eater
    It's good, and I'm not an ethical person
    Yeah. I just find animals tasty. I really love food. I don't believe a dish has to have meat in it to be good, but many amazing things have meat in them, and many more have eggs and diary. Food is the one vice I like to indulge in. I can go pretty long without sex, drugs don't interest me, and being drunk gets old after an hour, tobacco is ok but emphysema sort of sucks . Food, though... I gotta do that shit everyday, so why not make it enjoyable when I can afford it?

It would be much, much easier for me to give up alcohol than meat.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't eat very much meat. I feel better this way.
    I eat lots of raw veggies, but I'm not vegan.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Vegetables do vastly improve my mood, and seem to be essential for magnificent, boa-constrictor like shits. Most necessary indeed for your bowels.

I've been eating a zucchini from the farmer's market everyday this summer.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    I don't eat very much meat. I feel better this way.
    I eat lots of raw veggies, but I'm not vegan.
    What makes you feel better about not eating much meat? And do you think it is possible you could feel better if you did not eat any meat?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Yeah. I just find animals tasty. I really love food. I don't believe a dish has to have meat in it to be good, but many amazing things have meat in them, and many more have eggs and diary. Food is the one vice I like to indulge in. I can go pretty long without sex, drugs don't interest me, and being drunk gets old after an hour, tobacco is ok but emphysema sort of sucks . Food, though... I gotta do that shit everyday, so why not make it enjoyable when I can afford it?

It would be much, much easier for me to give up alcohol than meat.
    Have you considered the morality behind your decision to eat meat? I do not mean to come off as judgmental towards you, I guess I am just wondering if the moral implications of eating meat could possibly outweigh the value of deriving pleasure from eating? Also, it is definitely really possible to enjoy eating and not eat meat. You would be surprised how easy it is to not eat meat and still enjoy eating.