User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram

Default The INFJ Appreciation Thread

I'm terrible at starting and maintaining threads, but I just feel like the INFJ's on this forum could use some smilies! All types are welcome to comment, of course.

Here are the two main guidelines:

1. Say something nice about INFJ's either in general, or even boil it down to something great about a specific INFJ you know. If you are an INFJ, you also have the option of saying why you personally like being an INFJ. Don't be modest, now!

2. Let's not say anything about all that junk before. We have plenty of threads that cover unhealthy "INFJ's". Let's make this a positive thread.

I will begin:

I often find myself awestruck by the insights presented by some of our INFJ posters here. If I'm skimming down a long thread, and see avatars/usernames of certain INFJ's, I will immediately stop and read what they have to say very closely (there's a whole bunch of you guys, but off the top of my head Z Buck McFate, cafe, Fidelia, Fia, Titltyred, SilkRoad, Vasilisa, the state i am in come to mind.).

On an IRL level, I went to school with this girl who was INFJ, and I admit she seemed slightly haughty at first, but when I got to know her, I realized she was just a very earnest, caring person, who had to keep her distance emotionally because she gets so easily absorbed in everyone's troubles. She was a fascinating person to talk to and an amazing poet to boot! I also would never have graduated high school without her assistance in grade 12.

God, I hope this thread isn't seen as condescending...I just think it's a nice idea.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The active members on my friends list who are pretty certainly supposed to be INFJs are as follows:
    @AphroditeGoneAwry @Ene @iNtrovert @Lexicon @ReadingRainbows @the state i am in @Vasilisa

From what I can recall, the 7 of them seem to be a good mix of fairly open and agreeable people who use introspective contemplation.
    Rainbows and Lex though might be more confrontational at certain times than the others seem to be.
    Ene I would think is also pretty far on the spiritual spectrum (like many INFJs, but also more so than many).

If you want to tag people @Forever_Jung, just use the @ symbol in front of a user's name.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Rainbows and Lex though might be more confrontational at certain times than the others seem to be.
    Who u callin' confrontational?

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Who u callin' confrontational?

For one thing, you are showing that confrontational side of yourself right now at this very moment!
    I myself am a very confrontational person. I think it's important for people to challenge things and revolutionize their previous designs. That's how things will evolve and why there's hope.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    For one thing, you are showing that confrontational side of yourself right now at this very moment!
    I myself am a very confrontational person. I think it's important for people to challenge things and revolutionize their previous designs. That's how things will evolve and why there's hope.
    *puts gun away & wipes off Robert Downey Jr. makeup*

I'll let it go.. this time.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

WALMART

They are able to articulate their thoughts about a subject better than most.

Not afraid of saying what should be said.

Can really dig deep into a topic.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

INFJs are frigin incredible. They really are the best counselors.

When I first moved to NYC I ended up talking to this Mennonite woman randomly. She ended up being one of the most influential people of my life at that time. Really helped me go on a deep journey into myself. She was able to articulate what I was feeling in ways I never could. She opened up my mind to some skills and talents I never noticed I have. And all this was done over cups of coffee!

Ever since then I've loved them.

Society

well, i suppose its a good as a place to thank a few of those here who's often vulnerable and revealing words i've found helpful in deciphering and gaining a better understanding of the oddest human variables to have gained power within my life, and in the process helped clear a lot of the smoke from the map i have to navigate:
    @Vasilisa
    @fia
    @cafe
    @hazelsees
    @Lexicon

somewhat less wittingly but worth mentioning:
    @the state i am in
    @Sinmara
    @Maddy
    @Titltyred
    @fidelia

you have all being immensely helpful. thank you.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    well, i suppose its a good as a place to thank a few of those here who's often vulnerable and revealing words i've found helpful in deciphering and gaining a better understanding of the oddest human variables to have gained power within my life, and in the process helped clear a lot of the smoke from the map i have to navigate:
    @Vasilisa
    @fia
    @cafe
    @hazelsees
    @Lexicon

somewhat less wittingly but worth mentioning:
    @the state i am in
    @Sinmara
    @Maddy
    @Titltyred
    @fidelia

you have all being immensely helpful. thank you.
    I didn't realize your user title meant you slay them with your gratitude! I misjudged you

Edit: Also, good stuff everyone!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I love the INFJs here that I know on this forum for having a high level of conscientiousness in understanding people, emotions, and subjective systems. I've made several friends here who have been consistently kind to me and never judgmental even when their personal values are different from mine. There are also new ones here I have recently interacted with that I look forward to knowing better.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.