User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: INFPs who want to be INFJs...

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    *chuckle*

Yeah, I so want to rise to the occasion, but around here, the INFPs can tell you clearly why they're better than INFJs, and besides, I'm way too battered by the recent events to have the energy to go buttering somebody else up. Can't imagine why INFPs or anybody else would want to be an INFJ anyway, srsly.

"doe eyes"
    Recent events? Sorry, I don't really lurk here much and honestly have no idea what's going on. I never knew there was some kind of hatred developing towards INFJs, sorry to hear that... I've only seen nothing but love for them (and the idea of them), so that's pretty strange to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've never heard any INFP who wants to be INFJ. And love for INFJ? Nope -- that doesn't happen anymore. Now we're an evil, manipulative, controlling bunch
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

I've seen a lot of INFPs who wish they were INTPs and a lot of INFJs who think they must be INFPs because they're not that organised, but I can't recall seeing many INFPs who mistake themselves for INFJs. I could see the attraction of INFJs, but most NPs seem pretty clear on being NPs. I guess it could be easy to confuse Ni and Ne if you were new to the game. I myself don't fully understand how Ni works or even what it looks like irl. I just know what Ne looks like. I know when I first took the test I came up as an INTP, largely because I saw myself as an analytical person. Whether that was cultural, educational or mistaking Fi for Ti, I'm not sure.

Then there are the INFPs who read the profile and say "Wait, I'm not a rose-tinted glasses flake" and look elsewhere. Many INFPs are actually quite dark, and can be overly cynical. And when they look at the happy bouncy examples of INFPs that do in fact exist they dismiss it as a possibility.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think we have a lot of that particular thing here. Nobody wants to be the crazy ex/doorslaming bitch with judgey, overbearing Fe.

Also, we have lots of wonderful INFJs and INFPs around here. We come at things differently, but often arrive at the same place. Because we're nice. And anyone who says differently can get a taste of my minivan's front bumper.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Make 2017 a good one! Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

We used to have that around here though, years ago. Then the INFPs were the overemotional, sensitive, whiny bunch with no practical skills and INFjs were treasured as altruistic and saint-like.

These days, much less so.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsia View Post
    Recent events? Sorry, I don't really lurk here much and honestly have no idea what's going on. I never knew there was some kind of hatred developing towards INFJs, sorry to hear that... I've only seen nothing but love for them (and the idea of them), so that's pretty strange to me.
    I can't speak for other forums besides Perc but here everything tends to flip onto it's head. Although I have met some pretty crazy alleged INFJ's here.

I personally wouldn't want to have that cognition, it merely sounds like an inducer towards loneliness and insanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    We used to have that around here though, years ago. Then the INFPs were the overemotional, sensitive, whiny bunch with no practical skills and INFjs were treasured as altruistic and saint-like.

These days, much less so.
    Yeah, it was fun while it lasted.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Make 2017 a good one! Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yeah, it was fun while it lasted.
    Hehe, I bet. But I doubt the INFPs remember that period that fondly.

For that matter, I personally believe it probably inspired the current trend to be proud of being an INFP and what that entails.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

A_priori

INFPs and INFJs are not that different in my collective experience. We're both emotional, judgmental and highly idealistic. If you follow socionics it suggest that FI/FE/NI/NE are all strong functions for the INFJ and INFP so really you can look at both types as very similar. I'm sorry but if INFJs think that INFPs are more sensitive, how do you measure that?? It's just something to consider when you think your the king at knowing so much about a highly outdated and subjective test. Just saying.. I can see myself as either because I identify with both FI/FE. Whose to say that INFPs are not NI/FI etc.. Or should I follow the rules of the test and stick to conventional ways of thinking ??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Grin, I bet. But I doubt the INFPs remember that period that fondly.
    I don't remember that part very clearly. I would imagine every type has been beaten up on around here at one time or another and most of us are going to remember when it happened to us more than when it happened to somebody else because humans are nasty self-absorbed creatures. I would imagine it's Sensors that get it the worst around here, overall, especially SJs.
    ~ John Rogers

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast