User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: INFPs who want to be INFJs...

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I test INFP and claimed the type for longer than I have any other one. It took a long time for me to warm up to it because of how it was described.

There was that emphasis on causes and service to humanity. Getting caught up in things and not questioning their own agenda. I'm incapable of that and actually more at fault for being too self-absorbed and detached from social issues.

And can we lol at inferior Te making the bearer avoidant of factual disagreement. If an objective truth feels cold and hard, good. I appreciate the chill I get because it forces me to remember lessons and never pick up the same bias twice. I'm glad to be sensitive to challenges because I seek them and that nose helps me to find the ones I personally need most.

People pigeonholing others' types sucks, but it's the saddest when people read yucky things about their own type and resign to them. Just how. Why. I identified with more things than I wanted to in IF descriptions, usually along the lines of social thin-skinnedness, but suggestions that my weaknesses were "just my personality" horrified me. Wrongs are meant to be righted. Before I understood the flexibility of it all, typing as IF felt like giving up on areas of myself that weren't in line with what was IMO good and that I'd dedicated myself to strengthening. So we have strong values, you say? What if I value not being anything you say I am? When I was strung along by my feelz and my fears, I didn't see that as me. I saw that as my problem to get through and out the other side: "I cry too much. I don't want to be this easy to hurt. Can I figure out why I'm living this way I don't want to live, and what my options are for change?" In fact, I've gotten too vehement at times about putting down emotionalism as weakness. Feelings do not always equal values. One is free to challenge the other, and that's wonderful.

Afterthought: lol, This very post is an example of conscious contradiction in the service of balance.
    I can relate to this A LOT, especially the parts I bolded.

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This wondering whether one type is better than another really troubles me. Every type is equally good in their own way. We all have to come to terms with our weaknesses, accepting them and learning to use them to our benefit while alternately finding our strengths and learning how to exploit them to their full potential. I've seen a lot of type prejudice both here and on other sites. Sometimes it's against INFP, INFJ, ESFJ, etc. Often the prejudice and negativity against any given type comes from people identified as that particular type -- this self loathing troubles me greatly.

Believe me, there have been many times I wished i could change from INFP to another type.

The worst is when the prejudice surfaces, however subtle, in official type descriptions. I really hate the Keirsey type names in particular. How lame does "Idealist Healer" sound? Idealist Counselor isn't much better. Meanwhile other types are given such cool sounding names as Field Marshall, Mastermind, Inspector, Architect, etc. Couldn't they have thought of something slightly less spineless for the NF family?

I don't even think the prejudice is just against INFPs and INFJs, but against NFs in general. It even seems ENFPs often get it worse than their cousins, often being stereotyped as party animal hippies with shaggy hair and bipolar tendencies in this forum and elsewhere.

seems like SJs get a good amount of it too, with ESFJs bearing the brunt of it.
    Likes Nico_D liked this post

Stansmith

@Lyedecker

Lol, the ESFP stereotype is basically a baboon with breasts. NFs probably get the most positive, well-rounded rap.

brainheart

So much of what people say about INFJ I relate to but I think it's just because they're talking more about e4 than INFJ.

So much of what people say about INFP I don't relate to but I think it's just because they're talking more about e9 than INFP.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    What if you threw up something else e.g. a recently eaten meal?
    that's a risk we're all gonna have to take, unfortunately

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    This wondering whether one type is better than another really troubles me. Every type is equally good in their own way. We all have to come to terms with our weaknesses, accepting them and learning to use them to our benefit while alternately finding our strengths and learning how to exploit them to their full potential. I've seen a lot of type prejudice both here and on other sites. Sometimes it's against INFP, INFJ, ESFJ, etc. Often the prejudice and negativity against any given type comes from people identified as that particular type -- this self loathing troubles me greatly.

Believe me, there have been many times I wished i could change from INFP to another type.

The worst is when the prejudice surfaces, however subtle, in official type descriptions. I really hate the Keirsey type names in particular. How lame does "Idealist Healer" sound? Idealist Counselor isn't much better. Meanwhile other types are given such cool sounding names as Field Marshall, Mastermind, Inspector, Architect, etc. Couldn't they have thought of something slightly less spineless for the NF family?

I don't even think the prejudice is just against INFPs and INFJs, but against NFs in general. It even seems ENFPs often get it worse than their cousins, often being stereotyped as party animal hippies with shaggy hair and bipolar tendencies in this forum and elsewhere.

seems like SJs get a good amount of it too, with ESFJs bearing the brunt of it.
    So you're an INFJ now?

:lol:

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    So you're an INFJ now?

:lol:
    Not really. I'm nothing. Just crazy.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post