User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Not all NFs are good people who have visions for a peaceful and happy world--or if they are, not all of those visions match YOUR vision of a peaceful and happy world. I'd say that Fe and Fi probably lead more to violence and manipulation than any other cognitive function. Hitler has been purported to be INFJ or INFP on more than one occasion.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm a little cynical about this NF world.
    I think the majority would be conned by ESTP's who take over the world.
    They have so much charm and charisma and know how to make people laugh- hell, even I find a lot of ESTP's funny- ranging from Peter Griffin to George Carlin.
    The SJ's would shake their heads and moan.. "Don't you know to trust NOTHING that is new!!!"
    The NT's will instead be called "Button Pushers" because it will be considered socially acceptable to cry at a moment's notice and the NT will easily know how to make an NF cry.
    The SP's will create a 'live for the moment' movement and will invent drugs along with NT's. The SJ's will wonder what world is better to live with- the politically correct, walking on eggshell world of the NF or the drug infested world of the SP's and NT's. The STJ's will turn to drugs and the SFJ's will help create order with the NF's.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I am sure that the mental cases are mostly NF. But im not sure if it is because they are nuts, or because they don't feel like they belong in this world order. Anyways, the latter would mean that a world designed by NF would get the rest of the types into a life-long therapy session. That could be just what is needed, though...

Well. Probly the nf couldn't decide what to do with the world once they had it, so they'd give it away.

MBTI
    INFP

Unchecked by sufficient XSTJ predation, INFPs would quickly spawn beyond sustainable numbers. Many would die, and then disease would sweep the survivors. Doom! Gloom!

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Why does everyone focus on our emotions? and doesn't EVERYONE have emotions to an extent? don't we just USE ours for something?
    we have other qualities that could be useful to society.
    Not only that, but in MBTI, "feeling" is not synonymous with "emotion". Feeling is a style of decisionmaking.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Those who prefer Feeling tend to come to decisions by associating or empathizing with the situation, looking at it 'from the inside' and weighing the situation to achieve, on balance, the greatest harmony, consensus and fit, considering the needs of the people involved. Those who prefer Thinking tend to decide things from a more detached standpoint, measuring the decision by what seems reasonable, logical, causal, consistent and matching a given set of rules."

MBTI
    ENFP

Like you guys said, NF's are so different. Only thing that drives me nuts is that the NT's always stop by to inform us that we are emotional train wrecks.

I wouldn't say that I am an overly thenthative perthon, just that I try to treat people a thertain way and thee things from their perthpective. thats all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^ I agree.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    They could say that your inferior abilities in analyzing problems cia logical means would result in you failing to produce a cohesive or productive society, in a myriad of specific ways that could be explained in detail. They could also say that the world as we know it would not have advanced beyoned mysticism as much as the real one has.

I don't really believe those things are true, but I am telling you that there is plenty of material with which to insult you.

That being said, I'd like to raise a complaint because you people are apparently stealing cuddling from me, as if I, as a non-NF, do not appreciate cuddling.

I suppose people take a bluff like that seriously because you self-identify as an NT.

And what the fuck makes you think that we're unaware that there's 'plenty of material' with which to insult? That means absolutely nothing.

Now please, explain yourself *in detail*.

I'm not going to try to imagine what you're saying, because your post has NO explaination. As far as I'm concerned, there's no intrinsic quality of a feeling preference that makes it unable to produce a cohesive (*Patriotism* is an artifact of both feeling attitudes anyways) or productive society.

On the general topic of what a catylist-dominated society would look like, I think we should look at real potential problems instead of that recycled, MBTI-based, Lack-of-thinking-preference-is-bad bullshit.

so if you supposed NTs want some real material, I suspect that Mao Zedong was an ENFJ.

We can also speculate on what a non-partitioned India would be like.

And recognize that both Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu were probably catylists.

MBTI
    INXX

What ever happened to the insight that the hippies had in the sixties that logic couldn't necessarily be trusted, because it had led to the Vietnam War, the Corporate world of the "man in the gray flannel suit", the bomb and many other disasters?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Oh good lord...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.