• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Differences between INFJ's and ENFP's.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yay! I'm glad because I was offering high praise. Ne-doms are the source of my sanity.

For our happy resolution I offer you a chorus of nanner-dancers:
:bunnyglee::banana::banana2::moonwalk::bananachamp::mariobanana:

:D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJs are calm, have dry wit, serious and less assuming.

ENFPs are bouncy, animate, random and have less brain-to-mouth filter.

from what i have noticed, even tho INFJs might be less assuming regularly in small things, they are prone on making some grand assumptions. for example an ENFP might assume that a pimple was caused by the chocolate cookies she ate yesterday, but an INFJ will make assumptions on the essence of someones soul.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are the easiest differences? Don't say introversion and extroversion, because I've met many many ENFP's who live in their rooms and play make believe with their cats.
if you want to see some INFJs and ENFPs live there are some vids of real life actresses and musicians at the bottom of these profiles:

INFJ - IEI - INFp

ENFP - IEE - ENFp

V

violaine

Biggest difference I've noticed as an INFJ when compared to my ENFP friends is that I'm deliberate and they are spontaneous. I can't not think of the consequences, and always naturally try to navigate things that I think are coming down the pike. It is annoying sometimes. I have to deliberately choose to be carefree or let go, and am not always successful in that. And would never take that approach in the long term. I can't speak for them, but my ENFP friends don't seem to design their lives like that. They're much more in the moment and I love that about them.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Because of my 6, I am very much a planner and focused on the long term, but I agree that this is the most notable outward difference. There is a very strong awareness about basically everything action an INFJ takes, a deliberateness that ENFP could never have. We just don't possess that level of cause -> effect consciousness, so we come off as more carefree... it's not really by choice, though, we just don't see it. Just like the INFJ doesn't really choose to see it... they just do. They see repercussions down the line of time, ripples in a pond, while we only see the spiderweb of possibility. So the ENFP ends up enthusiastic but naive, while the INFJ ends up restrained but wise.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
ENFPs ime have more social energy, more common sense and more natural spontaneity than me.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a male 7w6 ENFP.
My father died when I was 4, but I think he was too.
I was raised by a strongly religious mother.
My Ne and Fi give me constant guilt.
I would suspect an INFJ would fare better.

AaminaFlower

MBTI Type
INFP
INFJs are calm, have dry wit, serious and less assuming.

ENFPs are bouncy, animate, random and have less brain-to-mouth filter.

I really can't confuse the two; one is clearly introverted and the other is clearly a Ne-martian.

That's not very nice. :pandarage:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My best friend is an INFJ. We can both seem like the same type at times.

The main type differences as I see them are:

-INFJs are more consistent. If they don't like you, they still won't like you two years from now. An ENFP might love you two hours from now.

-ENFPs have more animated expressions. We are also louder, more often, as far as I can tell.

-INFJs are more into reciprocity (due to Fe).