User Tag List

First 123 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Wouldn't the second one be more ESFP? The ENFPs I've known invent their own languages, sing songs about cumulus flatulence, and can understand the relationship between helicopters, chords progressions, and beavers.
    I think both Aux-Fi types can be pretty fanboyish and excited about menial things. I can definitely see myself using that as an icebreaker. This is how the conversation would go:

ENFP - OMG, YOU ALSO LIKE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE?

Some type - lol, yeah.

ENFP - Justin Timberlake is like the greatest thing since ever. I love Justin Timberlake. He's my idol.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Nfjs glide. Nfps bounce. Nuff said.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

When I feel very confused or hurt by something that someone has done, I feel practically incapable of reacting outwardly right away. No matter how ‘obvious’ it seems to other people- if something takes me off guard, it’s like kryptonite to me and it feels like it inhibits my ability to be able to interact with the external world. I have to 'shut off' and make some sense of it (eta: I need to find some kind of toe-hold on the situation before I even begin to move forward, it seems to me like Pe'ers always already have that toe-hold). I’ve noticed that Pe doms (and even aux, to some extent) are able to react to things immediately. We share the idealism, but seeing their ability to react to things immediately (especially emotional reactions) floors me because I just don’t have it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

INFJs seem more outwardly reserved but inwardly more free and open. I find the opposite in some regards with ENFPs. On the surface they appear to be an open book, but are rather private people. ENFPs jump into new situations with both feet, while INFJs look at the water for awhile and then dip a toe in before wading out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Wouldn't the second one be more ESFP? The ENFPs I've known invent their own languages, sing songs about cumulus flatulence, and can understand the relationship between helicopters, chords progressions, and beavers.
    thanks. yup, that stupid ENFP stereotype never fails to make my eyes roll.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    INFJ - Tell me about yourself. Show me the essence of your soul, I can tell someone's hurt you in the past.
    This is both INFJ and ENFP.

Real difference being, the INFJ would take multiple paragraphs spread out over the course of several hours to say something to that effect.

The ENFP would just say it, within 3 seconds, and with a giggle at the end

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    thanks. yup, that stupid ENFP stereotype never fails to make my eyes roll.
    Those aren't stereotypes. Those are actual descriptions of actual artists I know and what they do and say. I guess in some instances I was assuming they are ENFP, but if they aren't that, what would they be? I can't make that stuff up - except the references to beavers. I did throw that in the description.

Edit: Also, that's a stereotype? That ENFPs make up their own languages, etc.? What's with the rudeness too? Realize there is a range within each type and not all are in the arts or necessarily creative. The ENFPs I described whom I know personally are all quite intelligent and innovative, so I'm insulted that you called their descriptions "stupid" because they certainly aren't.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I notice when it comes to discussing an idea, ENFPs would consider every possible direction to be true. There's a feeling like their thought process diverges outwards, that the external world can be molded and shaped. Whereas as an INFJ, I tend to take the ideas and converge it into a central concept. ENFP mental models are more divergent and spread out to every avenue. INFJ mental models take every avenue and bring it to one road.

Ne Bouncy Castle vs. Ni Lair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Those aren't stereotypes. Those are actual descriptions of actual artists I know and what they do and say. I guess in some instances I was assuming they are ENFP, but if they aren't that, what would they be? I can't make that stuff up - except the references to beavers. I did throw that in the description.

Edit: Also, that's a stereotype? That ENFPs make up their own languages, etc.? What's with the rudeness too? Realize there is a range within each type and not all are in the arts or necessarily creative. The ENFPs I described whom I know personally are all quite intelligent and innovative, so I'm insulted that you called their descriptions "stupid" because they certainly aren't.
    what!?? noo! i'm sincerely thanking you for your comment to the other guy (Stansmith?) who said something very shallow about ENFPs. BUt I liked yours!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    what!?? noo! i'm sincerely thanking you for your comment to the other guy (Stansmith?) who said something very shallow about ENFPs. BUt I liked yours!
    Yay! I'm glad because I was offering high praise. Ne-doms are the source of my sanity.

For our happy resolution I offer you a chorus of nanner-dancers:
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)