User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Common for other INFPs?

I was wondering, do any other INFPs have the feeling that they are perfectly chill when alone, but when close friends show up, they turn boisterous and rude? Like a mask and a suit had suddenly been placed on them, and they were asked to do the chicken dance?
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    INFP

I type as INFP, and I do not experience that.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have an INFP friend that from time to time becomes a know-it-all smart-ass poop head who engages in constant one-up-manship. Probably insecurity + ESTJ shadow.

wait... "chicken dance"?

MBTI
    INFP

Can you sort of explain your situation more?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by sleep View Post
    I was wondering, do any other INFPs have the feeling that they are perfectly chill when alone, but when close friends show up, they turn boisterous and rude? Like a mask and a suit had suddenly been placed on them, and they were asked to do the chicken dance?
    Hmm... maybe you or the other INFPs who do this have an "SF" face.. so they turn into a kinda uncomfortably-not-very-good-at-it ESFP?

heart on fire

I don't experience this.

MBTI
    INFP

Can you sort of explain your situation more?
    Well it's a plain sort of situation. I only have three real friends (ENFP, INFP, and INTP respectively) and the ENFP and INTP are in a different social circle than the INFP, who I don't have this problem with. They're in a highschool and deal with a lot of people and of course the ENFP has many friends where the INTP has just a few more than myself, and so they have a very mainstream countenance to people. I'm homeschooled and partly public schooled, so I have had a lot of time to myself and I've cultivated a really odd way of acting. Well, around the ENFP and INTP I feel like I can't be myself really. I feel I can share my views easily, but if I chill out and stay quiet I feel I'll alienate them, seeing as I have been very loud and sarcastic and just an overall douche around them for the longest time. I'm pretty sure I'm just uncomfortable around them, but I've known them for a long time and they're cool people so I don't want to up and ditch them with a "YOU DON'T KNOW ME, DOGG." So, I just kind of play a fool around them and I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    INFP

Nope. Sometimes I'm obnoxious, but that's just because I am, not because I'm trying to be something else. I'd hate to feel like I'm putting on an act for people... I think most INFPs strive to be their authentic self around others. At least if they're your 'friends' they should understand that you're not the same person all the time.

heart on fire

The only time I feel like I am putting on an act is when I am required to give out a lot of Fe. I always feel like it is wooden and fake coming from me and I cringe inside.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I have done this but never with real friends. There is a strong probability that I am not INFP though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness