User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I also don't experience this.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The only time I feel like I am putting on an act is when I am required to give out a lot of Fe. I always feel like it is wooden and fake coming from me and I cringe inside.
    agreed.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm. Then I suppose my question is answered, and I have my solution. Thank you all so much for the input.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by sleep View Post
    I was wondering, do any other INFPs have the feeling that they are perfectly chill when alone, but when close friends show up, they turn boisterous and rude? Like a mask and a suit had suddenly been placed on them, and they were asked to do the chicken dance?
    When I was younger, I used to have something similar happen when I was on a date. I wasn't boisterous and rude, exactly, but I was trying hard to be "wild". It was so important in the eighties hair band days to be "wild". I think it's natural to go through more identity confusion when you're young because you're experimenting with roles and identities. Don't beat yourself up over it.

People used to tell me to "be myself". But the problem was I didn't know what "myself" was, because I felt like I consisted of infinite potential. I was very adaptable and chameleon-like. The opposite of the people you meet in the workplace who are King or Queen of the Rut. They are so certain all the time, so full of confidence in everything including their own role and identity, because they have chosen to be a simple person living a simple life, just so that they can feel certain all the time of what to do, what to say, what to think and how to be.

The best advice I can give you is to take every opportunity, while you are young and not trapped, to seek out situations and people that are more congenial to you. Try not to waste a lot of time trying to fit in with people or places that are not congenial. That is, if you have that freedom and that luxury. If you're still in high school, you may not, but soon, you probably will.

MBTI
    INFP

Well crap Tao, I think you just described me in 500 words or less. That's actually exactly how I've felt for two years.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I have an INFP friend that from time to time becomes a know-it-all smart-ass poop head who engages in constant one-up-manship. Probably insecurity + ESTJ shadow.

wait... "chicken dance"?
    Sounds like me when I have mild depression. He is probably pissed about something or just a little tense or stressed. Tell him to calm the hell down and sort his shit out next time he does that.

Anyway, on to the query...

I am sometimes rude or almost cocky in a (hopefully) obviously joking way, but thats just a part of my sense of humour, not someting I do out of social anxiety. I don't think I am much different from alone to social, except maybe thinking about different things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Hmm. Then I suppose my question is answered, and I have my solution. Thank you all so much for the input.
    Hey! My question isn't answered! What is this "chicken dance"?!?!

MBTI
    INFP

This.

You may remember it from, inexplicably, highschool dances and baseball games.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, the chicken dance! I totally knew that... btw, where have you been this past month?! The insomnia's been KILLING me!

MBTI
    INFP

Hanging out with all the other metaphors that are actually physical things.

The ocean says hello.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

I was wondering, do any other INFPs have the feeling that they are perfectly chill when alone, but when close friends show up, they turn boisterous and rude? Like a mask and a suit had suddenly been placed on them, and they were asked to do the chicken dance?
    i can totally relate to this! there's an odd contrast between my "everyday", "chill" self and my more dominate side that usually shows around more docile feeling types, or people whom i know well. i can become startingly loud, sarcastic, bossy, distractable and "slap happy." most of it's all in good fun, though.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"