User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default NF and Sensuality+ low self-esteem

Do all NFs have suicidal thoughts. It seems that we're prone to that.
    But ENFXs are confindent... well most are.

And I know a bunch of NFs who enjoy writing erotica, I myself for one. Are we also consider the most sensual types? I.E: Casanova (ENFJ), Gandi (INFJ, you should read his backround)

Tell me does this only go to NFs or do all types experience this?

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    Do all NFs have suicidal thoughts. It seems that we're prone to that.
    But ENFXs are confindent... well most are.

And I know a bunch of NFs who enjoy writing erotica, I myself for one.

Tell me does this only go to NFs or do all types experience this?
    No, I have not had suicidal thoughts ever.

I don't enjoy writing that much either, but I'll read and erotica sounds hawt.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP

Default HMMM

I'm not prone to suicidal thoughts, as I tend not be depressed for longer than 12 minutes at a time. I'll occasionally venture down that road, but it's never more than a few feet before I knock myself out of it.

I do love to write though. Whether it's on an academic paper or a column for the school newspaper I get a huge kick out of it.

Actually writing has been very good in helping me with my consistency and ability to put thoughts together in a reasonable fashion.

I think this is one of those things that may divide up differently among the different NFs. I can't imagine many ENFP's being depressed for long periods of time.

Then again you said suicidal thoughts. Thinking about it briefly and really considering it are two different things.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

never had a suicidal thought.. it's not being an NF.. it's being emotionally and mentally unstable.

MBTI
    INXX

I have had suicidal thoughts before, most strongly and frequently in my mid teens. I put it down to the problem I have with acceptance. Acceptance of myself and of reality and of life. I am a stubborn idealist at heart; I have had the urge to impose my will creatively on myself, my life and my world to try to make all three get closer to my ideals. As I grew older, I turned toward more realistic self-improvement and problem-solving goals. Then I reached a point where I felt I'd solved most every problem I'd wanted to solve. And then I had a baby, and now I'm trying to get used to the "new normal".

What was weird was that, while pregnant, I remember lying half-asleep on the sofa, drifting out of cat-naps all day, while the History Channel was on. All day, the History Channel had end-of-the-world stuff. Stuff about predictions about what will happen in 2012, for instance. Also about the Book of Revelations. News abounds now of peak oil, the housing bubble, the decline of America relative to the rest of the world in every way but militarily...And I feel fine. I don't know how or why. I chose to bring a new life into the world without knowing if the world will be fit for him as he grows up. But somehow I feel optimistic for no reason.

MBTI
    ENFP

Don't mean to rub it in or anything, but as an ENFP, you let me do my thing at school and work, and for the most part, I will be walking with a pocket full of sunshine.

Looming deadlines, a regimented lifestyle, and lonelyness killl me.

Honestly I have never contemplated suicide.

There is no shame in contacting a suicide prevention hotline, those guys are insanely cool, and I used to volunteer at one for 5 years. They won't give you any of that bullshit "keep your chin up" 1920's advice either. They will just sit their and have a nice long chat with you and try to help you figure out whats up, on the inside.

Good luck with everything.

-----------------------
    On a side note, I never noticed that we had an idealistic furry on the boards. HI!!!

MBTI
    INFP

My suicidal thoughts have not ever sprouted from sadness. It's generally just the odd, passing feeling of "You should grab that knife and cut your own throat." It sounds much darker than it is though. I'm a happy person I think. I just have weird thoughts and feelings occasionally.

As far as erotica goes, I'm seventeen, so I'm basically fascinated by sex and sexuality. I think I have been for a long time in the same way one is fascinated by a theory or style of living. It's never been the whole "Man I want to bone her" thing. It's always been "I wonder how that feels." or "What kind of emotion or notion occurs when you follow the motion of the ocean" I can't write erotica, though. I don't have much experience in that area, and if you're going to write about something so physical and subjective, you should probably know the experience first.
    I'm gonna go lie down.

Sniffles

I used to have some suicidal thoughts, or at least thoughts about how the world would be better if I was never born.

Yet I never followed through with such(obviously), because I always had a strong innate stubborness to never let such feelings or life problems bring me down.

As I grow older, such thoughts become rarer. I honestly say that despite whatever troubles I face, I'm in love with life. Life is such a wonderful mystery, and suicide is just the cowards' way out.

As Bishop Fulton J. Sheen famous said, "Life is worth living."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have had suicidal thoughts but only when depressed, which was, in hindsight, primarily circumstantial. Life is better now and the thoughts are gone.

I can't really imagine writing erotica because 1.) I'm somewhat prudish and 2.) why would I write about it instead of do it?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yes, all NFs have suicidal thoughts. Every one of them. There are no exceptions.*

We are also the most prone to getting caught up in the senses. We cannot look beyond the touch, taste, smells, and sight of our lovers. We are very sense-oriented. *

...now that was by far the most smart-ass lame response I've given on this site.

EDIT: *Sarcasm
    Last edited by phoenix13; 07-02-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: because sarcasm doesn't work well online.