User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

In my early to mid teenage years I was prone to suicidal thoughts. I blame a combination of hormones and antidepressants. I would constantly think about how I was going to have to die, and I would contemplate whether living is even worth it. I was going to have to die and so were the people I loved. I thought that maybe if I killed myself then it would save me the trouble of losing the people I love most. After getting off of prozac the thoughts didn't go away, but they didn't draw the same reaction I had out of me. I promised myself I would live the happiest life I could with all the time I am allowed to live. I think ultimately what happened was that I had lost sight of the future. Viktor Frankl saw an individual losing sight of the future as giving up the will to live through his experiences in a concentration camp. I can say that I agree. At this point I have matured a lot and I understand the value of life. I wouldn't say that all NFs go through this, but I would say that it probably is very common among NFs.

A friend of mine killed himself a couple of years ago, and after seeing a church full of people crying over the closed casket of a 19 year old I understood even more why suicide can't be the answer.

I wouldn't say NFs are the most sensual; more like the most romantic, which is closely tied to sensuality I guess. Keirsey says that: "NFs can be deeply divided about their sexual feelings... They insist that sex must be an expression of love rather than lust." I personally agree with this, but I've heard from NFs that don't identify with that statement wholly. Sex with the absence of love is a waste of my time. However, if the "in love" criterion is met, I wouldn't underestimate how sensual an NF could be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

I've considered it. It's really sad. I hate the thought of anyone feeling that way, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I worry about an INFJ in my life becoming suicidal if I make a choice that hurts them, even if that is not my intention.

This worry stops me from making any choices.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not sure if I'm posting this under the right topic.

I'm very disappointed at the way my ISTJ dad patronises me to no end, til this day. He has said a lot of very, very nasty things, like how I should just be a 'mindless' office lady or a 'useless' clerk and that I'll never ever be successful or be a master of anything because of how stupid he thinks I am. There are plenty of other very horrible statements he's thrown at me over the years. He puts me down a lot. When I say 'a lot', I mean it's such a frequent treatment I receive from him that I've already learnt how to be so thick-skinned about it and push aside all feelings of self worthlessness, despair and anger of being treated this way.

This, according to my close friends, has definitely taken a toll on my self confidence. While I agree to that, I'll like to add that because of my dad, I've been able to develop my tertiary function, Ti. Before, just to avoid being 'stepped on' by my dad, I would try to think at least 2-3 steps ahead of him. Most of the times, by doing this, I would get away from being yelled at. Now, even if I'm 10 miles ahead of him, he still patronises me and condemns my intellectual abilities... It's degrading and demoralising. It used to upset me very much though. It still hurts getting called names and being put down this way, but now, I'm more able to perceive this on a more logical stand and think of ways to fix it, 'counter-attack' this ridiculous battle of egos instead of just moping and sobbing, feeling shamefully sorry for myself.

Well, at least I now know how not to be a parent, when I become one myself.

It takes him just a few minutes of negative statements but me, years to build back the self esteem I've lost. How selfish...

Edit: I know that not everyone ISTJ acts this way. I'm not prejudice towards ISTJs collectively in any way, whatsoever. I know they have very good qualities. There are many reasons why my dad acts the way he does towards me, so I understand. I do feel that I have a God forsaken right to be treated better. In coping with the stress involved and low self-esteem, I resorted to developing my T function.
    Last edited by bandit; 07-11-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: To clarify that I am not inclined to generalise personality types.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Do all NFs have suicidal thoughts. It seems that we're prone to that.
    But ENFXs are confindent... well most are.
    I've wondered what it would be like to die, but I've never actually contemplated suicide.

And I know a bunch of NFs who enjoy writing erotica, I myself for one. Are we also consider the most sensual types? I.E: Casanova (ENFJ), Gandi (INFJ, you should read his backround)
    I could see SPs rivaling, probably surpassing, NFs when it comes to sensuality.

I don't like to write, in fact, I despise the fact that I'm even bothering to write this post. I'm going to go cut myself now.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I've wondered what it would be like to die, but I've never actually contemplated suicide.

I could see SPs rivaling, probably surpassing, NFs when it comes to sensuality.

I don't like to write, in fact, I despise the fact that I'm even bothering to write this post. I'm going to go cut myself now.
    Getting back to the original topic...

Like Lateralus, I too have always wondered how would it be when I'm gone. The more I ponder on it, the more I feel I should be living more out of my life if I really want to leave a mark everyone who knows me will remember me by, for a long time. I hate the thought of being 'forgotten'. I was never really suicidal, not to that level.

I've recently kept a small journal, but I wouldn't write anything more but my progress in music. I hate keeping tabs (written diary) of all of my emotional burdens, imaginary stories, fantasies... It sickens me to read them back (because they always appear stupid after I've penned them down) so I will not write them.

NFs are most likely to be tolerant of suicidal thoughts.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    Do all NFs have suicidal thoughts. It seems that we're prone to that.
    I've struggled with periods of depression for all of my life. And yes, suicidal thoughts have crossed my mind. But ultimately, I agree with Peguy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    As I grow older, such thoughts become rarer. I honestly say that despite whatever troubles I face, I'm in love with life. Life is such a wonderful mystery, and suicide is just the cowards' way out.

Are we also consider the most sensual types?
    If you say so :rolli:

[deleted]

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    Isn't there an online test? I'm incredibly lazy.
    To find out whether you're suicidal and/or sensual?