User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

ENFPs are the NFs most like an NT. Why? THeir primary inuition's extroveted, as is the tertiary Thinking. THus you'd expect they'd be a little more like an NT.

MBTI
    INFJ

My ENFP best friend can't stand being alone. She confided in me once that when she is alone she starts thinking about "depressing" stuff, like that she has no friends and that that is why she is currently alone, etc.

I used to tell her that I thought that was unhealthy, but now that I understand extraversion better I understand a little bit more. One time her step dad grounded her from having any guests over (like she normally did everyday), and so she called me crying and asked if she could spend the night at my house so she wouldn't have to be alone.

I think she could benefit from "alone time" greatly, I just don't know a way to tell her that without upsetting her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Noitartst View Post
    ENFPs are the NFs most like an NT. Why? THeir primary inuition's extroveted, as is the tertiary Thinking. THus you'd expect they'd be a little more like an NT.
    i love NTs and i have noticed i get on better with them or enjoy their company more than other NFs seem to..
    MTBI:E/INFP...Socionics:ENFP...7w6 sx/so...Autonomy, Caution, Perceptiveness...

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't see how that makes them like an NT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm not sure about that. Our primary function is a perceiving function, and our feeling func. is introverted. Thus we usually don't display the stereotypical Fe behaviors, but that's as far as I'd go. Any NF with a dominant percieving function could seem less stereotypically NF: enfp, infj. People with introverted feeling could also seem less stereotypically NF: infp, enfp. I don't think that makes us look more NT, or any more NTish than an infj or infp.
    Last edited by phoenix13; 07-11-2008 at 10:51 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cn1234567890 View Post
    i love NTs and i have noticed i get on better with them or enjoy their company more than other NFs seem to..
    ENFPs and INTJs are said to be an ideal match, given they both lead with intuition. One follows with feeling, the other thinking, but both end with inferior sensing. THat leads to a suprisingly similar outlook betwixt the types, especially given that an ENFP's Intuition and Thinking is extroverted, whereas the feeling is introverted. ENFPs, as much as they love feeling the moment, they also want to think about it, too, something that an NT would completely understand.

To an INTJ, the ENFP is fairly relatable because of this, as, yes she's more emotional than he is, but seems to make more sense than other NF types, and he likes that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    I know it's to center themselves and all but, I just don't understand it.

It's true though. I've hung out with too many people lately in the past 3 weeks so all I did was stay home today and I feel okay now. I can't explain it. But you could tell like, yesterday, that I wasn't being so fun to be around. I was kind of exhausted of being with people, even though I love them very much.

It's weird because I read that they're the only extroverts that need to do this.
    Doesn't everyone need some time alone, occasionally?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Whoaaaaa. You bring up a very good point.....but what about INFJs...the same goes there internally.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    Why do you say that?
    I never been there but from what i hear...Jersey doesn't offer up a lot of Ne....nor Fi

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Whoaaaaa. You bring up a very good point.....but what about INFJs...the same goes there internally.
    For them, THeir primary intuition and tertiary thinking are introverted, so they are less stimulated by crowds to the point of being overstimulated. I don't know, but would speculate they would just avoid the heart of the fray to begin with, whereas the ENFP charges right in, only to find she occasionally overloads.

How does that sound?