User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I think mainly because we use Ne, which makes us constantly scanning our environments, take inputs, process them and try to connect those things together. If there are too much things going on around us, we need time alone to well process, eliminate unnecessary information, and connect new information with information we've already known. Besides, with Fi, we easily get exhausted (more than ENTP)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Concerning the need to center ourselves: I think this may be due to our feeling function being unconscious. Perhaps there's a lot going on under the surface that we're not aware of which drives us to a situation where we aren't distracted by the world (we're extroverts, so outside distractions take priority by default).

Extroverted perception can easily result in burnout. As an ENFP profile in another thread mentioned, ENFPs take in information in a torrential fashion. Too much stimulation is exhausting.

I understand ENTPs tend to also be less social than one would expect from an extrovert. I wouldn't be surprised if this was caused by 90% of the population not knowing what the hell we're talking about half the time. Extroverted intuition is not a readily understood language, and it's annoying and exhausting having to translate every sentence, or having people say "you're weird" every time you open your mouth. While they're absolutely right, it is still a major drain to be coherent for the masses. Let them eat cake, I say!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    I think mainly because we use Ne, which makes us constantly scanning our environments, take inputs, process them and try to connect those things together. If there are too much things going on around us, we need time alone to well process, eliminate unnecessary information, and connect new information with information we've already known. Besides, with Fi, we easily get exhausted (more than ENTP)
    I think this is why I dream such WEIRD dreams. I think my brain is trying to process all the input and make sense of things/discard garbage. Do any of you have this tendency as well?

Oh yeah, and sometime I have to deal with all the tangents going on in my brain.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Concerning the need to center ourselves: I think this may be due to our feeling function being unconscious. Perhaps there's a lot going on under the surface that we're not aware of which drives us to a situation where we aren't distracted by the world (we're extroverts, so outside distractions take priority by default).

Extroverted perception can easily result in burnout. As an ENFP profile in another thread mentioned, ENFPs take in information in a torrential fashion. Too much stimulation is exhausting.

I understand ENTPs tend to also be less social than one would expect from an extrovert. I wouldn't be surprised if this was caused by 90% of the population not knowing what the hell we're talking about half the time. Extroverted intuition is not a readily understood language, and it's annoying and exhausting having to translate every sentence, or having people say "you're weird" every time you open your mouth. While they're absolutely right, it is still a major drain to be coherent for the masses. Let them eat cake, I say!
    HAHAHA, brilliant!!! I get the "You're weird" all the time - probably because I am. And I can relate to the burnout. Yep, I definitely need to "clear" myself on a regular basis.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    HAHAHA, brilliant!!! I get the "You're weird" all the time - probably because I am. And I can relate to the burnout. Yep, I definitely need to "clear" myself on a regular basis.
    Good to know i'm not alone :P

MBTI
    ENFP

I get weird dreams all the time too - my brain's way of dealing with all the information. Sometimes I dream before something happens that clarifies my ideas about that issue. So if I wasn't quite sure how to proceed the dream points to some solution - not a way of seing the future, but a way of seeing one possibility of the future that has been seething in my unconscious - this is usually the solution NOT to follow, some sort of a warning.

MBTI
    EXXP

Only the brave call me weird, others just get the look on their face.

I need time alone every day. People think I'm crazy because I choose to commute to work an hour away every day when I could easily have a job in this city. However, I neeeed that time to myself. When I'm particularly burnt out, I don't even listen to music or turn the radio on. Just ride in silence.

It's a combination of everything people, weather, what's current on the news... But people - they affect me greatly, I know someone's mood almost instantly and I have a hard time disengaging from it. So just imagine me in a room with an extremely happy person and the other person is pissed off, there is already a tug of war there.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    Schweeeeeeeeeet! I know what that's like.

MBTI
    xNFP

Default Today is one of those days.

Man, I need time alone tomorrow. DESPERATELYYYYYYYYY!!!

I mean, I love my job, but I have had a 48 hour week of teaching (that's teaching time, not counting prep time). I woke up at 4 a.m. to prepare my classes this morning because I was too exhausted last night.

Okay, I asked for more hours because I love my job and I could use the money. But I seriously need this weekend to recoup. I mean, really.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post

I need time alone every day. People think I'm crazy because I choose to commute to work an hour away every day when I could easily have a job in this city. However, I neeeed that time to myself. When I'm particularly burnt out, I don't even listen to music or turn the radio on. Just ride in silence.

It's a combination of everything people, weather, what's current on the news... But people - they affect me greatly, I know someone's mood almost instantly and I have a hard time disengaging from it. So just imagine me in a room with an extremely happy person and the other person is pissed off, there is already a tug of war there.
    I could see myself in there =P I need time alone every night after so many things went on during the day. But I've been stuck in my room for days, and it's depressing for me. I can't stand having to chat or text for a long time. I really have a strong need/urge for exchanging information. I'd love to verbally talk to people in person and see how they verbally and physically respond. After those exchanges I then need solitude time :P

I've never been in a situation where two extreme emotions are going on, but I think it would be a fun to know what it's like ONCE
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"