User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*looks at other ENFJs* Just makes ya want to give 'em all a big hug, ya know?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Keirsey, in PUMII, in his paragraphs describing Healers [INFP], says the following:

"Healers find it difficult to believe in themselves and to trust themselves. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, they can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. They are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with sin, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when they believe they have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the INFP, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public."

a little further, about mating, conveying the same idea:

"INFPs cling to their dreams, and often find it difficult to reconcile a romantic, idealized concept of conjugal life with the realities of everyday living with another person.Even at the best of times, they seem fearful of too much marital bliss, afraid that current happiness may have to be paid for with later sacrifices. The devil is sure to get his due if one experiences too freely of happiness, or, for that matter, of success, or beauty, or wealth, or knowledge."

What do you think about these statements?

Are you tormented by this inner, private, Manichean conflict?

Is the image of the guardian angel popping over one shoulder and the inner-devil over the other appropriate?

After a break-up do you often feel like you deserve to suffer?
    I only relate to the parts I bolded.

I never feel I deserve to suffer. Most often, I feel the opposite: I haven't done anything so bad as to deserve suffering. I am not fearful of happiness. I am only afraid I will never be happy. When I am happy, I do not feel an impending sense of doom. Rather, I become even more naively idealistic.

I have an inner conflict, but I would call it one between heart and head, fleshly desire and morals. I don't feel any need for atonement though.

And for the record, I've decided I'm not a Keirsey fan, especially of the way he approaches INFPs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Keirsey
    "Healers find it difficult to believe in themselves and to trust themselves. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, they can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. They are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with sin, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when they believe they have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the INFP, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public."
    While I'm no stranger to self-loathing, the idea that I'm wicked is something I can't even imagine from my current position. The last time I felt wicked was many years ago when my ethics were rooted in religion. Now that my values come from within, everything I will is by definition ethical. Where "evil" (I don't even like the word) comes in is when something outside of me conflicts with my values. It's true that my values sometimes conflict with each other, too--in fact, they often do--but I experience this as a battle of desires, not some kind of moral warfare.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Like others here, I relate to much of the type description except that I've transcended the simplicity. I've resolved the inwardly-directed perfectionism that had me not liking myself much for so long. I've boxed up and stowed the quaint religiosity that used to determine my morality, now relying on my much more sophisticated humanism.

I do, however, still fear being too happy. My explanation to myself is that when I get too excited, then it impairs my social perception, and that never ends well. But I'm aware enough to admit, that could just be an excuse.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

*insert OP*

Totally, utterly, completely.

My dad, an ISTJ (My guess) seems to have the intensely private good vs evil complex. The only hint you see if it is in his stubborness, and inibility to say sorry.

Even getting something as simple as 'whose phone charger that is' wrong is inconcievable (Unbareable deep down), leads to a very selective memory.

I think it came from his mum and dad rejecting the expressive, artistic Fi side to him mixing with some internal TJ process. 'If I can't be, then it's bad and no one else should'.

I get all this from the somewhat vague guesses of an exceedingly empathic mother, he's a tough nut to crack.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    *looks at other ENFJs* Just makes ya want to give 'em all a big hug, ya know?
    You mean a band-aid for a broken bone? I suppose if it makes you feel better...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I FOUND PART OF YOUR DELETION SPREE.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Keirsey's PUMII was the reason it took me so long to come to terms with being INFP. I hated his description, and have never agreed with much of what he has to say. It was just closer (barely) to who I am than his descriptions of the other types. I've always had a very strong inner sense of morality, and I always try to follow my conscience. So I have never had any reason to feel as if I have done wrong when I haven't. And while I internalize it when I do something wrong (which is rare), I simply use that to spur me toward personal growth.

I also just generally hate his terminology for us. I'm more of a fighter than a healer. Not really into people-pleasing either, which he seems to imply repeatedly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Every INFP is different, many of the descriptions suck, we're not saints, for gods sake.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.