I'd fap to my avatar.
    INFP theory of INFPs confirmed.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    INFP theory of INFPs confirmed.
    That I like avatars I find sexually appealing from time to time?

Or that INFP's are hot?

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I think i could work with an introverted nf but not another enfp, that would feel like incest somehow, cheating even. That thread re: sexing your clone. (Though i voted yes for the novelty.) *Slinks away*
    Idk man. It's like, with another of your kind, you feel a dichotomy of "I'm competing with you"/"you're doing it wrong". With ENFPs, there's a level of similarity but a level of significant allowance, but with INFPs, it's like, "blegh". Maybe the experience of "mutual typing" is more positive for other types because they're not as predisposed to want novelty, but yeah.

ENFPs, in theory, should feel an even more significant turn off to ENFPs if they recognize their similarities, while INFPs would tease and toy with they idea without committing.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    That I like avatars I find sexually appealing from time to time?

Or that INFP's are hot?
    Both.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I am close…

I am dating a 7w6 ENTP.

Epiphany

Hmm...the idea sounds intriguing, but I don't know what kind of long-term potential the relationship would have. Can't say until I've tried it. I think it would depend on the individual INFP though, their enneatype, particular values and interests. There are certain INFPs in this forum who annoy me, but some I can relate to. If nothing else, I'd like to just have a one-on-one conversation with another INFP, in person, and feel them out - get a sense of our similarities and differences.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Errrm... out of the huge number of guys I've 'dated' the first one I'm very much confused as to his type (I'm staggeringly bad at typing people) but I can't think he would have been anything but an INFP, really. That whole thing was horrible. Horrible.

The second guy I actually asked, and he said he was an INFP, but I'm not actually convinced. Again, I'm really bad at typing... actually he probably was an INFP... just a more functional one than I am :P That didn't work out very well either, but I think we could probably have been good friends.

So actually I've only been with people of my own type, and it's been pretty disastrous! But I wouldn't say that is a general thing. I could definitely imagine a functional relationship between two INFPs it just depends on your particular dynamic. There are types I'm almost sure I could never work with, but as a general thing I definitely think you have to see everyone as individuals when it comes to these things and the generalisations that types are don't really apply that well on an individual level, so to speak.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

It's interesting to think about, and some part of me wishes I had done it just for the experience, but I don't think it could work long-term for me. I have always dated guys that balance me in some way. I feel like I need it.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I agree with nicolita. I don't think I could date my own type. I think I'm too much of a feeler to date another Feeler or NF. SFJ might work, but not positive, as I don't know many in real life. NT's are pretty attractive to me though. Most of the ones I've met seem to "get" me and we connect well through Ni, and we balance each other out well as Thinker/Feeler. NTs seem to be able to understand my emotional extremes while still being level-headed. I've found that I don't work well with ExFPs the hard way, though. As friends or in a professional setting it's okay, but not as lovers.

Society

it's interesting that this thread is placed in the NF section... almost unnecessary at face value (i mean the question is applicable to everyone), but because it was placed like that, you'd look at the statistics & expect more people to say yes:
    • Intuitive Feelers (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ) have a satisfaction rate of 73% when paired with each other.
    • Some types are more likely to marry a person of their same type; this includes male INFPs, INFJs and INTPs and female ENFJs and INFJs.
      - source
    yet most NFs here seem to be saying they wouldn't want to date their own type, and quite a few are saying they wouldn't even consider dating another feeler...

why is that?