User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 81

  1. #21
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    If "your own type" means NF -- then definitely! My boyfriend is INFP, and it's an amazingly fulfilling relationship, although we suck at real life and sometimes have no idea how we are going to survive in the future.

    If it's "INFJ", I'm not so sure. I would be... interesting, but I don't think I could date another judger. NTPs should be decently compatible, but honestly after Fi I don't think I can go back...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  2. #22
    Member justwannabeMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    girl
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    He's an INTJ and we are very much alike in some ways. I'm not sure if we share mannerisms. I'm really not sure what my own mannerisms look like but we do share the same thought process, manner of speaking and sense of humor. The first day we met we didn't finish each others sentences; we spoke in unison. One of the first times we hung out together we sarcastically blurted out the same joke. It happened several more time so we decided to explain our thought process to each other and found out that we followed the same train of thought.We also have some freaky childhood correlations. We are a lot alike at times but the more we got to know each other we realized we were very different in some ways.
    love this.

    my ENTP husband and I have a history of doing almost that ^
    slightly different.
    his thought process is different, and then we end up in a similar place. we used to more. people change.
    It was so funny... we used to be talking about some unrelated topic, then stop conversing, and several minutes of silence would pass ... and then we would start talking about the same, unrelated, next topic.

    I have found INTJs to be wonderful company. the Ni is good fun. I have this disproportionately large amount of them making up the circle of people I love most
    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

  3. #23
    Senior Member Porcelain Hearts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I dated an ENFP for 8 months. Our sense of humour and jest was unrivalled. Together, we felt like the funniest people in the universe. Our Ne union took us to imaginary heights and adventures. We were dry, witty and sweet all at once. I worried going into the relationship the possibility of clashing egos, but it never happened.

    Where we went wrong was unfortunately how much he required validation when he was hurt. Perhaps it stands true that for Feelers, it's never truly water under the bridge. Much further than that, he was entirely too conscious of how much emotional influence I had on him. Mentally and financially unstable; he lacked the commitment to anything long term, having failed himself multiple times before. In the end, he broke up with me because he thought it was the right thing to do.

    On one hand, I believe we were really soulmates. It's been said that soulmates are not the people that you end up with. Your soulmate makes you face yourself and makes you walk in the right direction. He reminds me my own lack of self discipline and living with fleeting interests. Together we would be glorified failures, but apart we are independent leaders.

  4. #24
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    I dunno...It feels like incest, in a way

    But, Ive recently begun to see what others see in our breed, I guess, and Ive had one fellow ENFP tell me he had a crush on me. He was rather high in Te and..I guess I could see that working as mine kind of sucks, as such. I just dont know how long it would work.

    I'll consider it for science
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #25
    Member justwannabeMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    girl
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    If "your own type" means NF -- then definitely! My boyfriend is INFP, and it's an amazingly fulfilling relationship, although we suck at real life and sometimes have no idea how we are going to survive in the future.

    If it's "INFJ", I'm not so sure. I would be... interesting, but I don't think I could date another judger. NTPs should be decently compatible, but honestly after Fi I don't think I can go back...
    aw.

    I like Fi, too. I think I like that Ni - Fi in INTJ's. I wonder if being a type 4 makes you more fully appreciate the Fi. I'm a 9, but 4w5 heart center, and somedays I think I do have Fi. haha

    but my mom and a few friends are INFP, ... doubtful I could do INFP.

    What is you boyfriend's enneagram?
    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

  6. #26
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justwannabeMe View Post
    It was so funny... we used to be talking about some unrelated topic, then stop conversing, and several minutes of silence would pass ... and then we would start talking about the same, unrelated, next topic.
    Yes! This is exactly what happens. We will be talking about something and then there is a brief break in the conversation. A few seconds later we will bot start talking saying the exact same thing at the same time. It's been like that since day one lol. I really hope it doesn't change. I like feeling like we think with two sides of the same brain.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  7. #27
    Member justwannabeMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    girl
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    I dated an ENFP for 8 months. Our sense of humour and jest was unrivalled. Together, we felt like the funniest people in the universe. Our Ne union took us to imaginary heights and adventures. We were dry, witty and sweet all at once. I worried going into the relationship the possibility of clashing egos, but it never happened.

    Where we went wrong was unfortunately how much he required validation when he was hurt. Perhaps it stands true that for Feelers, it's never truly water under the bridge. Much further than that, he was entirely too conscious of how much emotional influence I had on him. Mentally and financially unstable; he lacked the commitment to anything long term, having failed himself multiple times before. In the end, he broke up with me because he thought it was the right thing to do.

    On one hand, I believe we were really soulmates. It's been said that soulmates are not the people that you end up with. Your soulmate makes you face yourself and makes you walk in the right direction. He reminds me my own lack of self discipline and living with fleeting interests. Together we would be glorified failures, but apart we are independent leaders.
    good share. I have a quote in my bio about soulmates that highlights what you mentioned. so true. ... I wonder if an ENTP could do that for you too?
    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

  8. #28
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    ... I believe we were really soulmates. It's been said that soulmates are not the people that you end up with. Your soulmate makes you face yourself and makes you walk in the right direction. He reminds me my own lack of self discipline and living with fleeting interests. Together we would be glorified failures, but apart we are independent leaders.
    This is beautiful....I really just got inspired to write a short story. I would love to use this quote if that's ok.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  9. #29
    Member justwannabeMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    girl
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Yes! This is exactly what happens. We will be talking about something and then there is a brief break in the conversation. A few seconds later we will bot start talking saying the exact same thing at the same time. It's been like that since day one lol. I really hope it doesn't change. I like feeling like we thing with two sides of the same brain.
    it is fun. My husband and I were in-sync from the start, too. I think people change a lot in their 20's. We were married when I was 20. and now I am 30. but ... it could also just be that the last year and half have been too stress-filled. and we have 3 kids. My advice is to never stop dating your spouse ... the other day we were on a date and I felt so young; we just laughed. and were happy. the we get around the kids and it feels exhausting. I love them, but its work. It reminds me of that movie This is 40 ~ and the mom&dad go on a mini-trip over a weekend and they're so in love with each other. then they get home to work and kids and bills ... and ... not so much
    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

  10. #30
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justwannabeMe View Post
    it is fun. My husband and I were in-sync from the start, too. I think people change a lot in their 20's. We were married when I was 20. and now I am 30. but ... it could also just be that the last year and half have been too stress-filled. and we have 3 kids. My advice is to never stop dating your spouse ... the other day we were on a date and I felt so young; we just laughed. and were happy. the we get around the kids and it feels exhausting. I love them, but its work. It reminds me of that movie This is 40 ~ and the mom&dad go on a mini-trip over a weekend and they're so in love with each other. then they get home to work and kids and bills ... and ... not so much
    The little kid years were tough ones for my husband and I. Having teenagers is a comparative cakewalk. We couldn't really afford to date when the kids were little, but now we go out for supper and grocery shopping every week and it's fun. Just knowing that the screaming kid you hear is not your kid and you don't have to try to make it stop is kind of blissful.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of your own type?
    By Oaky in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:37 PM
  2. Things That Make You Crazy About Your Own Type
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 01:46 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Do you get along with people of your own type?
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO