• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dating your own type.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If "your own type" means NF -- then definitely! My boyfriend is INFP, and it's an amazingly fulfilling relationship, although we suck at real life and sometimes have no idea how we are going to survive in the future.

If it's "INFJ", I'm not so sure. I would be... interesting, but I don't think I could date another judger. NTPs should be decently compatible, but honestly after Fi I don't think I can go back... :blush:

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an INTJ and we are very much alike in some ways. I'm not sure if we share mannerisms. I'm really not sure what my own mannerisms look like but we do share the same thought process, manner of speaking and sense of humor. The first day we met we didn't finish each others sentences; we spoke in unison. One of the first times we hung out together we sarcastically blurted out the same joke. It happened several more time so we decided to explain our thought process to each other and found out that we followed the same train of thought.We also have some freaky childhood correlations. We are a lot alike at times but the more we got to know each other we realized we were very different in some ways.

love this.

my ENTP husband and I have a history of doing almost that ^
slightly different.
his thought process is different, and then we end up in a similar place. we used to more. people change.
It was so funny... we used to be talking about some unrelated topic, then stop conversing, and several minutes of silence would pass ... and then we would start talking about the same, unrelated, next topic. :)

I have found INTJs to be wonderful company. the Ni is good fun. I have this disproportionately large amount of them making up the circle of people I love most :)

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I dated an ENFP for 8 months. Our sense of humour and jest was unrivalled. Together, we felt like the funniest people in the universe. Our Ne union took us to imaginary heights and adventures. We were dry, witty and sweet all at once. I worried going into the relationship the possibility of clashing egos, but it never happened.

Where we went wrong was unfortunately how much he required validation when he was hurt. Perhaps it stands true that for Feelers, it's never truly water under the bridge. Much further than that, he was entirely too conscious of how much emotional influence I had on him. Mentally and financially unstable; he lacked the commitment to anything long term, having failed himself multiple times before. In the end, he broke up with me because he thought it was the right thing to do.

On one hand, I believe we were really soulmates. It's been said that soulmates are not the people that you end up with. Your soulmate makes you face yourself and makes you walk in the right direction. He reminds me my own lack of self discipline and living with fleeting interests. Together we would be glorified failures, but apart we are independent leaders.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno...It feels like incest, in a way :unsure:

But, Ive recently begun to see what others see in our breed, I guess, and Ive had one fellow ENFP tell me he had a crush on me. He was rather high in Te and..I guess I could see that working as mine kind of sucks, as such. I just dont know how long it would work.

I'll consider it for science :coffee:

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If "your own type" means NF -- then definitely! My boyfriend is INFP, and it's an amazingly fulfilling relationship, although we suck at real life and sometimes have no idea how we are going to survive in the future.

If it's "INFJ", I'm not so sure. I would be... interesting, but I don't think I could date another judger. NTPs should be decently compatible, but honestly after Fi I don't think I can go back... :blush:

aw. :)

I like Fi, too. I think I like that Ni - Fi in INTJ's. I wonder if being a type 4 makes you more fully appreciate the Fi. I'm a 9, but 4w5 heart center, and somedays I think I do have Fi. haha :)

but my mom and a few friends are INFP, ... doubtful I could do INFP.

What is you boyfriend's enneagram?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was so funny... we used to be talking about some unrelated topic, then stop conversing, and several minutes of silence would pass ... and then we would start talking about the same, unrelated, next topic.:)

Yes! This is exactly what happens. We will be talking about something and then there is a brief break in the conversation. A few seconds later we will bot start talking saying the exact same thing at the same time. It's been like that since day one lol. I really hope it doesn't change. I like feeling like we think with two sides of the same brain. :wubbie:

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dated an ENFP for 8 months. Our sense of humour and jest was unrivalled. Together, we felt like the funniest people in the universe. Our Ne union took us to imaginary heights and adventures. We were dry, witty and sweet all at once. I worried going into the relationship the possibility of clashing egos, but it never happened.

Where we went wrong was unfortunately how much he required validation when he was hurt. Perhaps it stands true that for Feelers, it's never truly water under the bridge. Much further than that, he was entirely too conscious of how much emotional influence I had on him. Mentally and financially unstable; he lacked the commitment to anything long term, having failed himself multiple times before. In the end, he broke up with me because he thought it was the right thing to do.

On one hand, I believe we were really soulmates. It's been said that soulmates are not the people that you end up with. Your soulmate makes you face yourself and makes you walk in the right direction. He reminds me my own lack of self discipline and living with fleeting interests. Together we would be glorified failures, but apart we are independent leaders.

good share. I have a quote in my bio about soulmates that highlights what you mentioned. so true. ... I wonder if an ENTP could do that for you too?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... I believe we were really soulmates. It's been said that soulmates are not the people that you end up with. Your soulmate makes you face yourself and makes you walk in the right direction. He reminds me my own lack of self discipline and living with fleeting interests. Together we would be glorified failures, but apart we are independent leaders.

This is beautiful....I really just got inspired to write a short story. I would love to use this quote if that's ok.

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! This is exactly what happens. We will be talking about something and then there is a brief break in the conversation. A few seconds later we will bot start talking saying the exact same thing at the same time. It's been like that since day one lol. I really hope it doesn't change. I like feeling like we thing with two sides of the same brain. :wubbie:

:) it is fun. My husband and I were in-sync from the start, too. I think people change a lot in their 20's. We were married when I was 20. and now I am 30. but ... it could also just be that the last year and half have been too stress-filled. and we have 3 kids. My advice is to never stop dating your spouse :) ... the other day we were on a date and I felt so young; we just laughed. and were happy. the we get around the kids and it feels exhausting. I love them, but its work. It reminds me of that movie This is 40 ~ and the mom&dad go on a mini-trip over a weekend and they're so in love with each other. then they get home to work and kids and bills ... and ... not so much :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:) it is fun. My husband and I were in-sync from the start, too. I think people change a lot in their 20's. We were married when I was 20. and now I am 30. but ... it could also just be that the last year and half have been too stress-filled. and we have 3 kids. My advice is to never stop dating your spouse :) ... the other day we were on a date and I felt so young; we just laughed. and were happy. the we get around the kids and it feels exhausting. I love them, but its work. It reminds me of that movie This is 40 ~ and the mom&dad go on a mini-trip over a weekend and they're so in love with each other. then they get home to work and kids and bills ... and ... not so much :)
The little kid years were tough ones for my husband and I. Having teenagers is a comparative cakewalk. We couldn't really afford to date when the kids were little, but now we go out for supper and grocery shopping every week and it's fun. Just knowing that the screaming kid you hear is not your kid and you don't have to try to make it stop is kind of blissful. :laugh:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
aw. :)

I like Fi, too. I think I like that Ni - Fi in INTJ's. I wonder if being a type 4 makes you more fully appreciate the Fi. I'm a 9, but 4w5 heart center, and somedays I think I do have Fi. haha :)

but my mom and a few friends are INFP, ... doubtful I could do INFP.

What is you boyfriend's enneagram?

You might be right about 4s appreciating Fi. It might not be a direct result, but the fact that 4s have an intense inner world might make it easier for them to learn to respect Fi, even if they use Fe.

My boyfriend's 9w1 sp/sx I think. He's wonderful. :blush:

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) it is fun. My husband and I were in-sync from the start, too. I think people change a lot in their 20's. We were married when I was 20. and now I am 30. but ... it could also just be that the last year and half have been too stress-filled. and we have 3 kids.My advice is to never stop dating your spouse:)

I'm in my early 20's now. We have been together since our freshmen year of college. Now that we are both transitioning into the workforce and the real world I do feel our relationship is changing a bit. It's less about having fun together and more about supporting each other. There's also a lot of talk about the future which is exciting. I just hope one day we get where you are marriage Kids and all. I'm really taking that advice to heart. Thank you :)

S

Society

specific to type? i think i would consider another ENTP if we clicked... don't know how lasting it would be, but it could be, and either way it would be fun as hell. besides a relationship happening in a world of ham, think about the ENTP on ENTP sex.. can you imagine the level of energy? you think you can? because you are wrong, whatever you are picturing, you are failing.

generally though another NT (or ST) would be awesome. i mean when one examines it closely, people seek chemistry and balance etc, but in the long term the survivability of relationships tends to stand on how well you resolve problems and conflicts together, both towards the outside world and within the relationship. i think just having a partner that would be aspiring alongside me to the same shared objective truth in which we both live would be refreshing beyond belief, dealing in the same world. honestly never having any aspects of reality torn or covered up or ignored based on how it looks or makes anyone feel would be... so bloody refreshing beyond belief.

that's being said, i've never dated another NT (not to mentioned another ENTP), so this could very well be in the realm of fantasy whose actual executions will include a thousand setbacks i don't foresee.

R

Riva

I wouldn't like it. In simple an ideal match for me I believe would be a girl who has 'similar interests', positive, beautiful and has the strengths I lack (whereas I have the strengths she lacks). A feeler would be preferable or an ixtp and hopefully not a 6w5.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I only know one other INTP (he very well might be INTJ) and I'm not sure. I know my own weaknesses all too well when it comes to being in a relationship and I really don't know if I could take what I dish out. I do have a preference for T women and a serious weakness for F men so...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Relationships seem like a waste of time in the majority of cases. Maybe that would be a good way to solve population issues in the future.

If you don't find love, don't bother and incidentally have you tried these condoms?

W

WALMART

I can't deny, it'd probably be hot.

Maybe too hot.

Ending in an explosive E! Hollywood documentary.

Also, 2(NF4)+Sx+So = Genocide.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only been with "T's except for one person who was too bizarre to type.

It depends on the person. I like people to be reasonable and that can occur with the objectivity of Thinking and with the empathy of Feeling. To resolve intensely personal conflicts you need some access to both.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I only know one other INTP (he very well might be INTJ) and I'm not sure. I know my own weaknesses all too well when it comes to being in a relationship and I really don't know if I could take what I dish out. I do have a preference for T women and a serious weakness for F men so...

:blush:

Fi/Ti cocktail, anyone?