User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 76

  1. #41
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My agenda is to make the family I wanted, but didn't have. A loving mom and dad, a bunch of kids, a comfortable home with happiness and peace. My agenda is to be a good friend to my friends and to be a little nicer to strangers than they expect.

    And also, lunch.
    Oh, oh!! That too.

    Cafe, would you say you've succeeded?
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

  2. #42
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sych0 View Post
    It's not a stereotype if it's true.

    This thread got so derailed because you cut us all off at the nose. Like angry ayrab said, we want to save the world. One person at a time.

    In that case I am sorry. It is just that I wanted to avoid simple answers.
    And to be honest I did not have an idea that my original post was so hostile for NFs.
    But that would expailn the reaction quite well.

    And where I live word stereotype can be used for cases where stereotype
    is correct or incorrect.
    Last edited by Virtual ghost; 07-02-2008 at 01:40 PM.

  3. #43
    Senior Member SquirrelTao's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INXX
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    We all know that NTs have general agenda and everybody know what it is.
    (at least I think so)
    Are you serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So I am asking does the same works for NFs.

    By this I mean that, some picture of the world would have to come to reality before NFs can claim "victory".

    To be totally direct do all of you have a common goal ?
    What a fascinating concept - an NF conspiracy. Hah!

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If answer is YES then what is it?
    Personally, I've given up on politics. (I'm not even sure if by "agenda" you meant "political agenda".) Why have I given up? Because it requires group action, and I've given up on groups. Why? Because even the people who believe that they are politically awakened are usually still not thinking for themselves. They are reacting, reacting, reacting.

  4. #44
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    Oh, oh!! That too.

    Cafe, would you say you've succeeded?
    Reasonably so, I think, so far.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  5. #45
    Senior Membrane spirilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Reasonably so, I think, so far.
    Yeah, the lunch was good

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Didn't fully realize we were on a save the world mission, but I work with cancer patients, and yeah, I try every day to help my patients save their lives. So my mission is to help my patients save their lives, and to cultivate happiness for me and my son. Happiness = close relationships with a few people who get me and adventure--a speedy ATV, etc

  7. #47
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Yeah, the lunch was good
    See? The world is a better place already. NFs are just that good.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  8. #48
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be totally direct do all of you have a common goal ?

    If answer is YES then what is it?

    I ask because from the outside it looks like answer is no.
    And I don't accept "We want everybody to be happy" as answer.

    Also I ask because the entire NF thing is blur to me.
    There's a BIG difference between an ENFJ and INFP and how they see things and what motivates them etc. Grouping all NF together is just a mistake from the get-go.

    ENFJ, INFJ have Fe as judging function.
    ENFP, INFP have Fi as judging function.

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    A

    Personally, I've given up on politics. (I'm not even sure if by "agenda" you meant "political agenda".) Why have I given up? Because it requires group action, and I've given up on groups. Why? Because even the people who believe that they are politically awakened are usually still not thinking for themselves. They are reacting, reacting, reacting.
    Me too. In the state of our current world, group action mostly doomed to failure. Here's why.


    It is just this banding together and the resultant extinction of the individual personality that makes it succumb so readily to a dictator.

    A million zeros joined together do not, unfortunately, add up to one. Ultimately everything depends on the quality of the individual, but the fatally shortsighted habit of our age is to think only in terms of large numbers and mass organizations, though one would think that the world has seen more than enough of what a well-disciplined mob can do in the hands of a single madman.


    Unfortunately, this realization does not seem to have penetrated very far and our blindness in this respect is extremely dangerous. People go on blithely organizing and believing in the sovereign remedy of mass action, without the least consciousness of the fact that the most powerful organizations can be maintained only by the greatest ruthlessness of their leaders and the cheapest of slogans...more at the link

    Carl Jung from The Undiscovered Self
    If I had one goal in life, it would to wake others up to find their own inner direction and clean their own mental/emotional houses in their own way. We have to be whole and healed individuals before we can heal the world. No one else can heal us, they can help us, but it is not something that can be impressed externally. No lasting change can come from external pressures but only through individuals, one by one. This is a hard truth to accept because it can seem so hopeless but it is the only way as far I can see it.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Angry Ayrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If I had one goal in life, it would to wake others up to find their own inner direction and clean their own mental/emotional houses in their own way. We have to be whole and healed individuals before we can heal the world. No one else can heal us, they can help us, but it is not something that can be impressed externally. No lasting change can come from external pressures but only through individuals, one by one. This is a hard truth to accept because it can seem so hopeless but it is the only way as far I can see it.
    Yes and no.

    No one person can ever be fully whole and healed, and still be a functional living human.

    You will always have some type of inner struggle or dynamic.

    In biochemistry, when a cells delta-G has reached zero, it is at full equilibrium and has no more potential. This cell is now dead. That is how the circle of life works.

    You must have some sort of inner struggle or inner dynamic that you are working with or else you would be perfect. Once you are perfect then you seize to be in the realm of mere mortal.

    We must accept the fact that we will never be perfect, but since we were created as social animals, we can work together to help each other achieve the higher levels in life. That is what I meant by saying that I wish to first work on myself to the best of my ability, and then try to help my family and friends work on themselves in hopes of reaching a greater humanity as a whole, in the same way that the atoms in an atomic reactor help to activate each other to change.

    So, we agree, on that we need to come together as a whole, but I disagree with the fact that one must be perfect before they can influence others.

  10. #50
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Since when does healing or individuating equal God like perfection? Am I missing something here?

    "Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well" - Vernon Howard

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] NFs: Do you have problems with getting to know _NTPs in relationships?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 03:15 AM
  2. [NF] NF's, what job do you have?
    By Scott N Denver in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM
  3. [NF] Do other NFs have this problem?
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
  4. [NF] Do NF's tend to have low, medium, or high self-esteem?
    By NashK in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Do NF's have power and control issues?
    By Eric B in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO