User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: INFJ+INFJ relationship, any thoughts about this?

Member Array eternal recurrence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secondhandsight View Post
    As a non-glutton for punishment I'd avoid this
    like an incestuous plague. The challenge of
    growth using two similar approaches would be
    stultifyingly successful, I think. Plus I need to
    be saved from myself, ENxPs for the win
    On a similar approach to things -
    This is assuming that a tool a person has cannot be enhanced by the application of the same tool. Maybe more can be more not less. Digging a hole with two shovels instead of one?

Depends on what you are facing...

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGirl View Post
    My husband and I are both INFJs. He's an artist and I'm a landscape designer. From the first moment we met, we felt an instant deep connection and mutual understanding of each other. We're both pretty balanced as far as the feeling side and sometimes cross over to test as INTJs, so we don't have a tendency to be overly emotional or "cry all the time," as some people have suggested might happen here.

We both prefer spending time together or with small groups of friends and find socializing with large groups of strangers to be exhausting. We have the best time together either when enjoying the peace and beauty of nature or when engaged in imaginative activity, such as painting or creating sculptures with our 4-year-old, or working on our garden together.

We are probably much less verbal than many of the other personality types, and that can be a little boring at times, but when we put our minds together, we find that we're capable of creating a pretty fantastic inner world that works for us. It takes work, just like any relationship does, but most of the time it seems to flow smoothly.

I think for an INFJ, the feeling of understanding and being understood is pretty valuable. The emotional depths experienced in this relationship are extremely satisfying. We're also very gentle and compassionate with each other and seldom argue, which can be wonderful for two people who detest drama and can be so easily wounded by it.

I should add that we've been together for 8 years total now.
    i love this i always feel instantly attracted to infj personalities i guess because they are similar to myself and their perspectives are described how i try to describe them. Its "ohh i knew what you meant!" it just is effortless but the ideas, points still are said. I really enjoy enfp's too and sometimes entp's (they are whirlwinds) but exciting and i love chatting with them. The ones i met are flakey sooo I don't really know how they would end up in a relationship but yeah. I would love to test the infj and infj match maybe it'll happen someday. I think also it would be good because the worry of not being understood or being taken not seriously would be gone. Also I think both infj parties would and could still grow, intellectually, spiritually etc. I know I don't need another person or personality to reflect my lessons or views on life and spirituality. I like to read, watch people, listen and chat with other people (and therefore personalities) so I would still be developing. I would just be lucky enough to have another infj where we can fully understand each other on more than a physical and daily existence. I don't know if that makes sense to others or just sounds like a typical infj's perfect utopia but I fully believe it can and does work and to me seems like one of the best pairings.

"I know I don't need another person or personality to reflect my lessons or views on life and spirituality"
    I meant this in respect to being dependent solely on your romantic partner.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

It would be like this:

"An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Relationships with NF's always have this incestual quality, for me.. I imagine it'd be even worse with someone of my own type.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It would be like this:

bahaha this video is hilarious also I haven't seen this movie but zach galifianakis makes me uncomfortable in his acting/not? it leaves me really confused and yeah.. i never got over " the fern" interviews he did. tense and awkward and it was too much for me to take in. But I do enjoy alot of his stuff.

Yeah I think infj's incertain social situations where resposibilities and expectations are seen, will be incredibly outgoing. Together alone I'm not really sure? I think it could really work but alot of people don't.

612 sp/so

I have a close friend who has the same personality as me in mbti, enneagram, socionics, AND the five temperaments.

Good things:
    -We understand exactly why the other person is pissed at someone.
    -We both lament the insensitive state of the world together.
    -We feel totally comfortable around each other.
    -We use sarcasm to mock each other but know when to stop.
    -We always make sure the other person has their needs met and is having fun.
    -We easily show affection.

Bad things:
    -We're terribly indecisive about what we're going to do together.
    -We assume that the other person is going to react in the same way.
    -It's easy to keep passive-agressive secrets from each other.
    -It takes effort for us to initiate interaction.
    -We are only moderately entertained when we're together.
    -We can't really give each other advice.

neutral good
    intrapersonal intelligence