MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Ha. I wish! Cause then I'd be kewl
    Dahling, you are so beautiful that "Kewl" is just superfluous.

as one INFJ girl once pillowtalked-put it, "i feel so comfortable it's almost scary..."
    "It is only in folk tales, children's stories, and the journals of intellectual opinion that power is used wisely and well to destroy evil. The real world teaches very different lessons, and it takes willful and dedicated ignorance to fail to perceive them."

- Noam Chomsky

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

I now have a new very good potential love interest who is an INFJ.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

For me, I think a relationship with another INFJ would be amazing in some ways but have too many practical pitfalls to work. Once it got off the ground, you'd have an amazing emotional connection and endless things to talk about between yourselves. On the negative side, too many of the same weaknesses...overly idealistic about the relationship, critical of one another, not expressive enough...not to mention that I could see your social circle being pretty limited. It mgiht be one of those things that burned bright and then fizzled, but that you'd always idealize in your mind after the fact, lamenting the loss of that connection. On the other hand, INFJs come in different forms and with different levels of expressiveness, outgoingness, etc. As long as I weren't looking at a mirror image, maybe it would work.

If I had to guess for myself, I could more easily see myself with an ENXJ or INTJ. I'm kind of uncomfortable initiating things when it comes to relationships, so NT initiative and practicality might be good in that sense. The strengths and weaknesses seem more likely to complement one another. But you like who you like, and who can forecast that?

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ + INFJ

My husband and I are both INFJs. He's an artist and I'm a landscape designer. From the first moment we met, we felt an instant deep connection and mutual understanding of each other. We're both pretty balanced as far as the feeling side and sometimes cross over to test as INTJs, so we don't have a tendency to be overly emotional or "cry all the time," as some people have suggested might happen here.

We both prefer spending time together or with small groups of friends and find socializing with large groups of strangers to be exhausting. We have the best time together either when enjoying the peace and beauty of nature or when engaged in imaginative activity, such as painting or creating sculptures with our 4-year-old, or working on our garden together.

We are probably much less verbal than many of the other personality types, and that can be a little boring at times, but when we put our minds together, we find that we're capable of creating a pretty fantastic inner world that works for us. It takes work, just like any relationship does, but most of the time it seems to flow smoothly.

I think for an INFJ, the feeling of understanding and being understood is pretty valuable. The emotional depths experienced in this relationship are extremely satisfying. We're also very gentle and compassionate with each other and seldom argue, which can be wonderful for two people who detest drama and can be so easily wounded by it.

I should add that we've been together for 8 years total now.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    Oh my goodness, yes. I think that if I ever met myself I would find me insufferable. A male version of me would be even worse
    This was pretty much my first reaction upon reading the title of this thread. I've said it loads of times; if I had to live with me, I'd fuckin' KILL ME.

I need the balance, not more weight on my end of the seesaw.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

P.S. I know that I ALREADY 'live with me', that wasn't a suicide threat.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFJ

Sure it sounds nice. She would stare longingly into my eyes and me into hers. The fires would be kindled and burn brightly. We would spoil each other and strive to create the idyllic romance. In our golden years, we would sit in our orchard and watch the sun disappear behind the hills, holding hands and sharing our rich collaborative fantasy.

Unfortunately INFJs are just so damn stubborn. Unless we have the same ideals and goals, there will definitely be a contest of wills, and none of the normal tricks will work. I suppose there would be some good loving to be had, but I would probably do better with an ENFP or ENTP.
    There are miles to go before I sleep...

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram

As a non-glutton for punishment I'd avoid this
    like an incestuous plague. The challenge of
    growth using two similar approaches would be
    stultifyingly successful, I think. Plus I need to
    be saved from myself, ENxPs for the win

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

IF THEY MEET MY OTHER CRITERIA

*insert list A*
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.