User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default How can an INFJ get out of an emotional/spritual rut?

Long story short I just don't feel like myself. I am one semester away from getting my degree. For the last four months all I have done is intern, work and go to class. I had basically no time to or for myself . Now that it's summer break and i'm getting a chance to breath I just feel so emotionally/spiritually blocked.I know I need to be looking for a summer internship. I need to pay more attention to my boyfriend. I know I need to be doing all these things but I feel so depleted.I feel like somewhere along the way I lost myself. I feels like everything that I was working so hard for is pointless and shallow. I thought I just burnt myself out and needed a few weeks of doing nothing. So i took some time. But I've been on break for two weeks now and I still don't feel like myself.I'm not sure how recover.

Yes, I spelled spiritual wrong in the title.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Go over and have a look at the orgasm thread
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Maybe you need more than two weeks. Sometimes what we want to need and what we need are two different things. In that situation, I think it's good to try to take extra good care of your body. Rest, sunshine, food, light exercise, little indulgences you haven't had time for. I wouldn't worry for at least another week, but I'm a slow recharger and I've never found a way to make the process speed up.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Don't know about that (the orgasm thread), but it does sound like being reminded of the easier/less serious side of life wouldn't hurt. May not help (I don't know you, OP), but won't hurt. Sometimes one has to step away from themselves a bit in order to find themselves again.

A light-hearted comedy marathon (GOOD one) in order to remember how to really belly laugh. I'm convinced laughter is a form of survival tool. We have that in us for a reason.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Cafe's right. A few days spent lounging in the sun with a good book helps as well. Try both.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Society

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    A light-hearted comedy marathon (GOOD one) in order to remember how to really belly laugh. I'm convinced laughter is a form of survival tool. We have that in us for a reason.
    ^that

comedy in the background are the life force that keeps me sane.

ofcourse, it can be anything... really you just need to wake yourself up. it can also be horror movies, or doing something actually horrific and scary (like investing in the 2013 stock market).

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ^that

comedy in the background are the life force that keeps me sane.

ofcourse, it can be anything... really you just need to wake yourself up. it can also be horror movies, or doing something actually horrific and scary (like investing in the 2013 stock market).
    Indeed. Oh! Try watching The Woman in Black if you haven't seen it @iNtrovert. It scared the crap out of me AND made me cry.

That would probably need a comedy after it. Or three. Did for me, and I'm a huge horror fan. Classic sci-fi and horror would give you both horror and comedy at the same time.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Society

also, you might consider a signature change:

"Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

i don't just mean that the internet clothing makes the person, but rather.. well what behind it: that its a horrible horrible way to discern incoming information - you have your picking of what doesn't insult your soul on one side of your eyeballs, and the universe doing it's own business of not giving a fuck on the other side of your eyeballs, and the resulting demands from your eyelids is probably not going to have the best of consequences regarding your sense of awakeness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's quite the opposite for me. I can't do comedy. Taking it easy never works for me. I need a good tear-jerking tragedy that makes me feel. When I feel dead, it's usually because I feel disconnected from the rest of the world, so I need something that evokes strong emotions. It can be a book, a movie, a conversation, something on the news -- anything that reminds me that the world still lives and breathes.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Society

a conversation? why not? go on typoC ventrilo, and join their currently growing NF takeover (damn TPs keep getting banned ).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    a conversation? why not? go on typoC ventrilo, and join their currently growing NF takeover (damn TPs keep getting banned ).
    Ooohh, NFs are taking over vent? Maybe it's time I got an account
    4w5 sp/sx EII