User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default which nf would do which?

First. I am fried. So, please forgive any bad grammar, etc. But something interesting happened tonight. (and I need a distraction)

A tragedy has recently happened to my home city. I am involved in helping people who were harmed in this tragedy. Part of this is collecting supplies and taking monetary donations. From all around the world. People have been so wonderful and generous. However, we can't take any more supplies--although more truckloads are due in tomorrow. Our facility looks like a Sams. (Once again, people have been amazingly generous.) Other collection and help centers are in the same boat. Too many supplies--although actual money donations will be useful for the victims down the road.

Here's the deal...

What to do with the supplies? Especially the ones with a shelf life of a few weeks.

One NFs thought. Call homeless shelters, City Rescue Mission, Cross and Crown and any other established organizations like these to come and get some stuff.

Another NFs thought. That would not be ethical because the people who donated these particular items donated them to the victims of this disaster, so they must go to those victims

I am one of these NFs.
    Which NF types would think which?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I would tend to have the other helping centers come and get the overflow supplies. I do get the idea of the other side especially if it pertained to money, but for items that will have to be thrown away, I would want to distribute them. In the future, I would have an official statement for the charity that stated this policy of giving overflow supplies, especially perishable ones, to other charities. I am at a loss to say which type would say which, except knowing my personal response.

If I thought my donation just spoiled instead of helping someone because of an idea of ethics, I would want to bang my head against a wall.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What @fia said is perfect, IMO.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I d also release a media statement about this, so that people know where their continued donations are going, and that they are very much appreciated, but at this time are not exactly what is needed. That way you stop the flood, and are honest with the people who did contribute as to what happened to what they gave. Somehow I doubt that people who were that generous will hold it against you that those supplies go to *anyone* who might need it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks for your replies.
    What I'm wondering is which type or function would be more reluctant to send supplies that was given for a specific cause, to another (worthy) cause. Which would see it as unethical? Thanks for indulging me--this is a good distraction. This and watching (on a large scale) how different personalities deal with tragedy.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm not against giving it to the next cause, as it would be wasteful, but I am for full disclosure about me doing so, so people know their stuff could go to the next cause.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Society

if i had to guess:
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    One NFs thought. Call homeless shelters, City Rescue Mission, Cross and Crown and any other established organizations like these to come and get some stuff.
    NFJ (actually it specifically sounds like you, it reminds me of a few posts of yours).

Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    Another NFs thought. That would not be ethical because the people who donated these particular items donated them to the victims of this disaster, so they must go to those victims
    NFP

FYI - this might be the stuff for an excellent thought provoking forum game (more so when people get it wrong then when they get it right).

also: good luck rehabilitating your community, it sounds like you've doing a good job

hmm. i'd personally tackle the root of
    the problem, not the consequences. i'd fix
    the distribution / facility problem, especially
    because i know more donations will be
    coming in.

prioritize and organize. what can be distributed
    now. and have action steps. a max capicipty will
    eventually empty out, how do i make that process
    more efficiently?

and i'd also reach out to other teams that
    are working on the same same cause,
    and start alleviating the facility/incoming
    donation issue immediately.

heh. my thinking doesn't even go to... should we transfer
    the donations to another cause or like some ethical
    issue.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I definitely agree with calling up other centers, too. Perfectly ethical or not, there's no other good solution at this point. And I like the idea of a public announcement.

I don't really think that this would correlate with a certain kind of NF. It doesn't really seem to have much to do with thought process.

MBTI
    INFJ

I just wondered...if it matched up with a function or type.

My ENFP "boss" is concerned with the ethical part of it all...and I can see his point. I don't think he's completely against sending the stuff to other centers that aren't related to this disaster, but it obviously has crossed his mind that it might not be completely "right".
    I never even thought of it being unethical--helping people in need regardless of the situation or disaster---the greater good is all that came to me.

Then again I would do (almost) anything for him. That's unfortunate for me. What is it with ENFPs? Why are they like that? And why can't they love us (INFJs...or me) as much as I love them.

Sorry, I'm tired. Defenses are low. Glad there's not an ENFP around with evil intentions...

BUT, luckily everyone is getting their stuff together and it's all becoming more organized--our organization and other centers--and the supplies will get to those people who were affected by this disaster.

I like Mane's idea about the forum game. How fun would that be?