User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Because looking at the actual functions makes the system too complicated for people who only have a passing interest in typology or only need it in so far as it can help them to interact with people of a known type. Functions really only come into play when you're trying to determine what type another person is. If you know what they are, it doesn't matter one bit. You just need to know what characteristics that type generally has.

Even though IJs may be perception dominant and IPs judging dominant, you don't see the introverted functions as much, so it's easier and simpler to just refer to them by what they extravert.
    I wonder if this can lead to a misunderstanding of Ni and Si, since it is interpreted in light of the extroverted function. Perhaps the strongly introverted Ni or Si doms have a more laid-back, open-ended way of approaching life that is more akin to their Ne and Se-dom cousins?

I know that is how I am which causes a lot of misunderstandings with the "j" because people look at that and expect a "type A" personality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    would also explain why IxxJs, when well developed, begin to look like IxxPs (and vice versa).
    Even like ExxP, oddly enough... in prioritization of information-gathering... while IxxPs can look like ExxJs... Judging-dominant...

Quote Originally Posted by fia
    I wonder if this can lead to a misunderstanding of Ni and Si, since it is interpreted in light of the extroverted function. Perhaps the strongly introverted Ni or Si doms have a more laid-back, open-ended way of approaching life that is more akin to their Ne and Se-dom cousins?

I know that is how I am which causes a lot of misunderstandings with the "j" because people look at that and expect a "type A" personality.
    Yeah absolutely. Especially if a J has a lower-key Enneatype like you, like 4 or 9. I think that can be especially true for IxFJs - you guys are more "flexy" than IxTJs.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Even like ExxP, oddly enough... in prioritization of information-gathering... while IxxPs can look like ExxJs... Judging-dominant...

Yeah absolutely. Especially if a J has a lower-key Enneatype like you, like 4 or 9. I think that can be especially true for IxFJs - you guys are more "flexy" than IxTJs.
    Cousin-hug

I find myself in agreement with ENFPs in relationship threads very often.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Cousin-hug

I find myself in agreement with ENFPs in relationship threads very often.

Yes, and myself with INFJs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post

Makes sense
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Society

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    Sorry is this is a really elementary question, but I've never come across any explanation. Why would an introverted judger lead with a perceiving function (and vice versa), while an extraverted judger would lead with a judging function?
    if this was just about name-convention, it's not exactly difficult to change:

new Ps:
    INTP: Ni>Te>Fi>Se
    INFP: Ni>Fe>Ti>Se
    ISTP: Si>Te>Fi>Ne
    ISFP: Si>Fe>Ti>Ne

ENTP: Ne>Ti>Fe>Si
    ENFP: Ne>Fi>Te>Si
    ESTP: Se>Ti>Fe>Ni
    ESFP: Se>Fi>Te>Ni

new Js:
    INTJ: Ti>Ne>Si>Fe
    INFJ: Fi>Ne>Si>Te
    ISTJ: Ti>Se>Ni>Fe
    ISFJ: Fi>Se>Ni>Te

ENTJ: Te>Ni>Se>Fi
    ENFJ: Fe>Ni>Se>Ti
    ESTJ: Te>Si>Ne>Fi
    ESFJ: Fe>Si>Ne>Ti

ofcourse, with the new system, now using terms like SP/NP/SJ/NJ don't mean anything function wise, neither do terms like TP/FP/TJ/FJ.
    J/P would lose any description of character they might otherwise hold.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

So IxxJs look more like IxxPs (& vv) when they learn how to better extravert their dominant function, instead of relying too heavily on their naturally extraverted functions to engage the world? That was my initial understanding, but I'm not sure whether it makes sense.

e.x. When an INFP becomes more comfortable with self-disclosure and therefore less shy about his Fi, instead of relying on Ne in social situations, he begins to look more like an INFJ; as this pattern develops, he may begin to resemble an ENFJ? (I release that a heavy focus on Fi could just emphasize unhealthy/stagnant IxxP behavior...but supposing this Fi-dom is continuously sharing his thoughts with supportive, emotionally intelligent people, the downsides of Fi would be more or less weeded out. Would you agree with this idea?)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ofcourse, with the new system, now using terms like SP/NP/SJ/NJ don't mean anything function wise, neither do terms like TP/FP/TJ/FJ.
    oh, good point.

eh. I personally would rather see J/P stereotypes to their death. the categories mentioned above are actually useful, but the characterizations of J and P are so simplistic and just perpetuate ignorance, imo.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because IxxJs have Je like their ExxJ cousins. Make more sense now?

Socionics switches it around so that Pi doms are IxxP and Ji doms are IxxJ, but I think Socionics types may be different entirely. I know a Jungian ISTJ who is a perfect Socionics ISFj, which would supposedly be ISFP...

They don't really match up, actually, no.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    if this was just about name-convention, it's not exactly difficult to change:

new Ps:
    INTP: Ni>Te>Fi>Se
    INFP: Ni>Fe>Ti>Se
    ISTP: Si>Te>Fi>Ne
    ISFP: Si>Fe>Ti>Ne

ENTP: Ne>Ti>Fe>Si
    ENFP: Ne>Fi>Te>Si
    ESTP: Se>Ti>Fe>Ni
    ESFP: Se>Fi>Te>Ni

new Js:
    INTJ: Ti>Ne>Si>Fe
    INFJ: Fi>Ne>Si>Te
    ISTJ: Ti>Se>Ni>Fe
    ISFJ: Fi>Se>Ni>Te

ENTJ: Te>Ni>Se>Fi
    ENFJ: Fe>Ni>Se>Ti
    ESTJ: Te>Si>Ne>Fi
    ESFJ: Fe>Si>Ne>Ti

That isn't a new system. It's called "Socionics."