First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I think it's because Ti and Fi do not exist in vacuums. And they share a similar methodology, even if they deal with different information. With ENFPs, you aren't getting straight Fi, you're getting it through Ne, which isn't exactly known for precision.
    Lovely. First we get trashed by the Ti-doms about Fi, now the Ni-doms ride in to finish our Ne. You gotto wonder what the hell it is INTJs and INTPs really see in us, considering their interest in our breed. All we need is for ISTPs to come in here and finish the job. Only IxTxs could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them. Why is it you boys don't just date each other? Problem solved

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lovely. First we get trashed by the Ti-doms about Fi, now the Ni-doms ride in to finish our Ne. You gotto wonder what the hell it is INTJs and INTPs really see in us, considering their interest in our breed. All we need is for ISTPs to come in here and finish the job. Only IxTxs could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them. Why is it you boys don't just date each other? Problem solved

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean that as an insult. I wasn't saying that Ne, and definitely not Ne users, are airheads. Only that its strengths lie more in creation, pattern recognition, etc etc. There's really not any type, except maybe ISTPs, who have the same skill with, or need for, logical precision as INTPs. I know it's something I'm often not good with myself. I certainly didn't mean to give off the impression that I didn't value ENFPs, or their thought processes.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

garbage

could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them.
    "Gee, why would someone whom I constantly criticize not let me have sex with them?"

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean that as an insult. I wasn't saying that Ne, and definitely not Ne users, are airheads. Only that its strengths lie more in creation, pattern recognition, etc etc. There's really not any type, except maybe ISTPs, who have the same skill with, or need for, logical precision as INTPs. I know it's something I'm often not good with myself. I certainly didn't mean to give off the impression that I didn't value ENFPs, or their thought processes.
    Ohh hon, I put in the to indicate I was yanking your chain for the most part. I knew you didn't mean it that way, it was just too tempting not to toy with

I'm just amused at the way this thread is going
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Ohh hon, I put in the to indicate I was yanking your chain for the most part. I knew you didn't mean it that way, it was just too tempting not to toy with

I'm just amused at the way this thread is going
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    "Gee, why would someone whom I constantly criticize not let me have sex with them?"
    The male version of this question is "why does someone who constantly criticizes me let me have sex with them?".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Romantic signals seem to be something all Introverted Thinkers, and particularly male ITs, struggle with. INTPs aren't alone in that.
    Oh he wasn't oblivous.... you couldn't be with her. You'd have to be comatose not to know she liked you. He was resistant, probably because she was INSANE. In this case, he was also SMART.

I understand romantic obliviousness - I have that problem too. A fair amount of INFPs do. I think we suffer from excessive humility there, though. For some unknown reason, I don't have a problem connecting with an INTP if so inclined. It's like double romantic obliviousness cancels all the confusion out.

And regarding INFP having clearer Fi - yes. Supposedly the dominant is more differentiated from stuff like emotions, so our Fi should literally be more rational. But we have foggier Ne - see the potential & emerging possibilities a bit less clearly, feeling it mixed with emotional wishful thinking, hence often having more hesitancy in pursuing it.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 05-18-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think it's because Ti and Fi do not exist in vacuums. And they share a similar methodology, even if they deal with different information. With ENFPs, you aren't getting straight Fi, you're getting it through Ne, which isn't exactly known for precision.
    That makes sense.

Lovely. First we get trashed by the Ti-doms about Fi, now the Ni-doms ride in to finish our Ne.

You gotto wonder what the hell it is INTJs and INTPs really see in us, considering their interest in our breed. All we need is for ISTPs to come in here and finish the job.

Only IxTxs could decide to both try and get in your pants while criticising everything about you that is different about you from them.
    Maybe because we love your flaws?

(See how flattering INTPs can be?)

Why is it you boys don't just date each other? Problem solved
    @freeeekyyy
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    And regarding INFP having clearer Fi - yes. Supposedly the dominant is more differentiated from stuff like emotional, so truly our Fi should literally be more rational. But we have foggier Ne - see the potential & emerging possibilities a bit less clearly, feeling it mixed with emotional wishful thinking, hence often having more hesitancy in pursuing it.
    That makes a lot of sense. I'd never actually considered the impact a function's position may have on emotions, other than high F=high emotion. I need to read some Jung.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te