• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] INFJs... what sort of activities/interests do you have that engage your Se?

anti-villain

MBTI Type
INFJ
There seems to be this stereotype of INFJs being too safe, and needing time to process everything at their own pace. So I'm curious as to what activities, or interests, the INFJs here take part in that engage their Se to a moderate degree.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do get drunk at home, love wonderful dinners, love all the arts, and all forms of intimacy with my love. I've never gone out dancing, but I have sometimes taken a dance class, and have a lifelong dream of being trained as a dancer. I think I could have been quite skilled at it. I may still start that process. I also really want to be in a band, and may still manage to do it. i have a really raw set of songs I plan to record.

I am too safe, too careful, have way too much self-control, and make way too many good decisions. it is actually kinda frustrating, but oh well.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like to camp and fish and canoe, though I don't do those things very often. I like to sew and play laser tag, which I also don't do very often. I cook fairly often, though I don't enjoy it all that much. I do like eating good food, though, so I've become a competent cook.

I like going for walks, which I do pretty often when the weather is nice.

And I'm going to have to make a batch of soap this summer because I'm almost out of the last batch.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hey, just decided to pop in here for the last ten minutes of my lunch break. Saw this cool thread and wanted to say something:)

Mostly, martial arts, including using knives, swords, chain whips, etc.

I have also been known to lift weights, run, camp, hike, go rock climbing, ride horses, work on cars, tear down barns with a crow bar, build things [like porches, fences, walls, tables, benches, walls, etc.] I enjoy gardening and yard work immensely. I also have a lot of fun with my chain saw. I enjoy clearing debris and landscaping.

I love my Se and so I try to treat it right.

anti-villain

MBTI Type
INFJ
The big one for me is riding my motorcycle. I just recently got into riding, and I'm bummed that I didn't do it sooner. When I told people I was going for my license, they kind of furrowed their brows. They didn't see my as the 'riding type'. But I love it. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before. It's quintessential Se when you're riding in traffic though. You have to be paying complete attention, constantly scanning an evaluating not only other drivers, all of whom you have to view as a possible threat (motorcycle collisions do not end well), but road conditions as well, like potholes, trash, gravel patches, etc... For those who aren't familiar with motorcycles, they have manual transmissions, so you're also constantly shifting up and down, it's not just braking and accelerating like an automatic.

I also love lifting weights. I can be kind of clumsy, and I'm often dropping, or banging into things at home and at work. But after a weightlifting workout (or any workout really), I'm far more in sync, and aware of my physical presence relative to my surroundings.

Last edited:

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmm...I really cannot think of anything. :unsure:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, yeah. "My" car is has a manual transmission. It can be fun to drive, as long as the roads aren't slick.

Last year I helped make a foreclosure habitable. I ran water pipe and wiring through the crawlspace, helped put in sinks, glued down floor tile, helped with drywall, built book shelves and a giant desk, painted. I mostly hated doing most of it, but I was okay at most of what I did. Not in a hurry to ever do it again, though I would to help my kids out. I'd rather do that than see them saddled with a mortgage.

anti-villain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, yeah. "My" car is has a manual transmission. It can be fun to drive, as long as the roads aren't slick.

So does mine. Did you find driving far less enjoyable when you got your first manual? I just bought mine a few years ago, and to be honest, I hated it for a while. I always had to be so 'in the moment' and vigilant, it stressed me out. I eventually adapted though.

I still feel self conscious when driving with a passenger, because no matter how smoothly you shift, there's always that very slight bucking that you don't even notice anymore, but I see the passenger slightly lurch forward every time, since they don't know when to expect it. It makes me feel like they aren't enjoying a relaxing ride and I hate that. It can be fun though, like you said. I like the control it gives you over how the car performs.

Next time, I think will be an automatic for me. Unless I can find a car where the friction point is a bit less vague. Though it did prepare me for riding a motorcycle.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So does mine. Did you find driving far less enjoyable when you got your first manual? I just bought mine a few years ago, and to be honest, I hated it for a while. I always had to be so 'in the moment' and vigilant, it stressed me out. I eventually adapted though. I feel self conscious when driving with a passenger, because no matter how smoothly you shift, there's always that very slight bucking that you don't even notice anymore, but I see the passenger slightly lurch forward every time, since they don't know when to expect it. It makes me feel like they aren't enjoying a relaxing ride and I hate that. It can be fun though, like you said. I like the control it gives you over how the car performs.

Next time though, I think will be an automatic for me. Unless I can find a car where the friction point is a bit less vague. Though it did prepare me for riding a motorcycle.
I was really freaked out at first. My first solo trip was late at night on a curvy two-lane road with forest on either side and I hit and killed a large dog. It was pretty awful.

It took me over a year to feel really confident with it. Before that, people commented on my crappy shifting, but I figured if they were hitting me up for a ride they could just STFU or ride with somebody else. :2up: :laugh:

My husband hates the transmission and the size of the car and my daughter doesn't know how to drive a stick, so I don't have to share it. It's kind of a horrible little box (2000 Ford Focus that had been wrecked before) so people are not in as much of a hurry to ask me for a ride. IOW, all the things that make it a crappy car make it a kind of refuge for me. And now that I'm used to it, it feels like zipping around in a Matchbox or something, which is kind of fun.

If I get tired of driving the horrible little box, I can drive the minivan. It feels like a luxury car by comparison.

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm....

I think as an INFJ grows (hopefully!) they don't have to process stuff and they're more spontaneous. also, ennegram instinct/type play into the expression of spontaneousness (<is that a word :) )

• I love beautiful things. especially nature / outdoors. It is very spiritual for me to be outside taking in the beauties of the earth. A beautiful sky can make me feel like my heart will overflow and explode with appreciation, aw and gratitude (on the right day). ... rain drops on roses, and all that jazz. Perfection. but cold and rain and snow, too. I love the smell honeysuckle in the air.
• Sentually ~ I love being pampered / touched. massages, pedicures, getting hair done, snuggling. I like feeling things - breezes, sunshine, water, bathes. Smelling things. Tasting things > love new/fine dining.
• Environmentally ~ I like feel like to feel like I am fluid in my world. making effortless decisions, prioritizing actions/decisions with ease, no angst ... driving to new places, packing up the kids on a moments notice for a quick trip somewhere, anywhere... the beach..., without planning or feeling anxiety over details; my mind just knowing what we'll need. -- "going with the flow", feeling like I am my estp friend. very low anxiety about traversing my outer world.
• I like practicing imperfection. If I have an ideal of how my kids bday party should/could be - I like stepping back, living in the moment, listening to my body, doing what I can, and knowing that with Love - it will be good enough. it will be wonderful. I am good enough. Low Stress. That feels good. I like leaving projects - house cleaning - or whatever it might be ~ for later. not giving into the compulsion to finish it 'all or nothing'. That feels freeing. and the key to it boils down to a self-love. and accepting reality vs the Ni-ideal I have bubbling in my brains. right?
• I like working out really hard - sweating a lot. Running is usually my go to. But in recent years I've wanted to get into more thoughtful workouts - yoga, even weigh lifting. maybe martial arts even. Its on the to-do list.
• This might be more Si -- but sometimes I decorate cakes. it drains me. but some part of me likes it. or maybe i just like it when its done.
• I want to hang-glide. I want to explore/wander around new cities. travel. hike. go. ... I think some of my more daring desires stem from my sexual-instinct.
• Taking time to worry about clothing feels like Se to me. And I am starting to get more into it lately. I enjoy it. I have found my preferred clothing items are usually -- bright (maybe even neon), comfortable (love sports attire), and structured. If its a dress, or a blouse, I like structure, not flow. Things like that I am learning about myself.
• Love driving a stick shift.
• Love being good at getting a basketball into the hoop. I've always been better than a lot of boys/men; as a kid I felt a bit smug.
• I find myself referencing movies and songs a lot - think I heard that was Se-ish 'pop-culture'-y.
• I am very 'natural' in my body language. dont tend to move/be artificial. but I think thats a 9w8, or 9w8 sx/sp, thing. I'm a little hippy-ish-bohemian-esque. I like being barefoot. no, Love being barefoot. anywhere. Have found myself kicking off my heels at church to walk the halls with my friends new fussy baby. I like the feel of it. I like grass between my toes. I like dirt. I like when my hair is sorta curly and crazy. I like feeling free.
• I can drive too fast and laugh too loud. I can be aggressive. I can have a lot of facial-freatures & physicality to my humor. I'm theoretically attracted to the performing arts
• I love feeling at-one with my environment. I love just Being. and I think these are indictive of my type-9-ness.
• I love the feel of a busy marketplace ... observing, smelling, feeling, strolling, ... no plans. no pressure. alone. a little cash in my pocket. a beautiful day. I love cities. I love sand between my toes. I love music. I love feeling alive. I love to dance. I love color.

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love my Se and so I try to treat it right.

love that.

... gardening is another thing you reminded me of. haven't really done much of it yet. wonder if it will be as good as I hope it to be. I've killed every house plant I've ever owned (to date); so I think my dead veggies might frustrate me :unsure: haha