• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Are INFJs studying ENxPs because they want ...

What do reckon?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
... to be in "the moment" through Ne?

S

Society

it's all.. starting.. to come back to me..

really though Ne isn't in the present, it isn't in any particular time, its just...
...well, it's what isn't, so you put it in the one place you don't know yet that it isn't...

and [MENTION=13880]Istbkleta[/MENTION] - why do you think they are into ENxPs? or NPs in general for that matter? where did you get that impression? is that just the personality page thing?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, really, that's news to me.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can't remember studying ENXPs. :thinking:

If I did, it would be because I had a friend or family member of one of those types that I was trying to figure out how to get along better with or something along those lines. I don't have any of those that I know of right now.

I consider my forward-focused perspective to be a feature rather than a bug most of the time and if I was trying to fix it, I'd study the SPs rather than the NPs.

S

Society

well, they do have that observer strik (at least quite a few).. but i am pretty sure they'll do it to anyone.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't remember studying ENXPs. :thinking:

Me neither.

I tend to want to study types that feel more 'foreign', like Fi-doms and Se doms. Ne doms are undestandable to a certain extent already :alttongue:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Me neither.

I tend to want to study types that feel more 'foreign', like Fi-doms and Se doms. Ne doms are undestandable to a certain extent already :alttongue:
Exactly. Play with them, yes. Study them, probably not.

I

Infinite Bubble

I'd have thought they would rather study ESxPs because they use Se most effectively and is their greatest strength, whereas in INFJs it is inferior and thus a weak point which they might want to become more proficient with. Se-doms operate in the moment (more often than not), and I think that is something some INFJs might have difficulty with, so I can see the fascination.

S

Society

Hiding in the semantics.

i think it just isn't clear what you mean:
- are you referring to the act of observing, learning from and examining?

- are you refering to study as some sort of metaphor for mental bonding?

- are you referring to the old MBTI-mythological coupling system?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... to be in "the moment" through Ne?

studying an Ne dom to become more in the moment?
...any INFJ trying to do this needs to seriously reexamine cognitive functions

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess it depends on this question: Is Se or Ne more "Random"?

Of course, Se can be random; just as people also misunderstand Ni when they fail to see its focused, laserlike and symbolic nature, thinking of it as more of an amorphous, creative brainstorming apparatus like Ne. Even people who use it don't get it. I think Ni in many ways shares more with Si than Ne. It's easy to assume the same would be true for Ne and Se.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like to interact with them.

i rarely feel like i learn faster or more profoundly than when interacting with Ne doms. i probably work most naturally, however, with intps (fellow e5s). i really enjoy spending time with all np types.

i observe all types, so that i can contextualize the conditions for communication that are likely to influence our interaction. in both directions. i also try to learn these to help me observe myself from new perspectives.