User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: INFP vs INFJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by A_priori View Post
    My experience with INFPs is that they tend to have quite ridged morals and values. Is this a bad thing?
    Maybe you should define what "rigid" means to you.

pick from 1, 2 or 3 below:

rigid: 1. stiff or unyielding; not pliant or flexible; hard. 2. firmly fixed or set. 3. inflexible, strict, or severe
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You should possibly consider the fact that there are a lot of fake "INFJs" running around. I'll bet money the second type of INFJ 4 you described are more likely the real INFJ 4s.
    I'll give some examples:

zoe saldana
    summer glau
    shirley manson

What would you type them as? They may or may not be 4's. I'm not focussing on their enneagrams.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'll bring socionics subtypes into play here for a minute. If you go on youtube and check out Celebok and MkingKilla, these are 2 self typed ISTP's. MKingKilla is pretty typical ISTP athlete. Celebok looks a lot more rigid and structured and has people telling him he's ISTJ constantly despite his disagreement.

The way I explain the difference is that Mkingkilla is LSI-Se and Celebok is LSI-Ti.

So I wonder if a lot of the mistypes are caused by a similar thing. The EII-Ne's think they're mbti percievers and the EII-Fi's think they're mbti judgers.

If we applied this same method of typing ourselves, this would explain why I type as ESTJ so often in mbti.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

fwiw INFJs are described in MBTI profiles as the most abstract type.
    MBTI doesn't account for all foundational aspects of personality, it is extremely low resolution, and there are mistypings and confirmation bias running rampant. For these reasons I would encourage everyone (including myself) to not have rock-solid, absolutely finalized internal definitions of each type. Look at each new person you meet as an opportunity to gain new information about a type and not as a means to reinforce internally constructed archetypes. Each one of us has the capacity to be wrong about type and to be completely wrong about any individual person when applying MBTI theories. It is approximate and if it is not approached as an approximation, then you have a good guarantee your thinking will be wrong.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    it is extremely low resolution.....
    Good metaphor.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Society

Look at each new person you meet as an opportunity to gain new information about a type and not as a means to reinforce internally constructed archetypes.
    what do you think happens with the information each time it's gained?

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'll give some examples:

zoe saldana
    summer glau
    shirley manson

What would you type them as? They may or may not be 4's. I'm not focussing on their enneagrams.
    I think they're probably INFJs.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You should possibly consider the fact that there are a lot of fake "INFJs" running around. I'll bet money the second type of INFJ 4 you described are more likely the real INFJ 4s.
    Have to agree. Although there are some wild child INFJs who talk to their cats about motorcycle sounds.

I've been on various MBTI forums for over a decade now, and pretty much everyone has an evil INFJ ex. I realize some people actually do, obviously, but the range of descriptions is amusing at times. I'm glad we can add motorcycle-luvin gymnastics to the description.

Let me try to summarize everything I've learned over the years: The INFJ is a narcissist who loves cats, never leaves the house, is a psychological amoeba with elephant skin, their feelings are a shadow of the real and are capable of levels of hatred only Hiltler could exemplify, they are unicorns and prudes, aggressive sluts and gymnasts who wear too much black eyeliner and are psychic, they are more abstract than any other, but they love motorcycles and rainy days, they have no regrets, doorslam all but a few, and most of all they are your X.

Did I miss anything people?
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    what do you think happens with the information each time it's gained?
    Place-holders and approximations. It is fluid. Archetypes can work as long as they are theoretical points towards which information can gather, much like moths to a light, but never fully approach. There is a continual dance between reality fitting theory, and theory adapting to fit reality.
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Have to agree. Although there are some wild child INFJs who talk to their cats about motorcycle sounds.

I've been on various MBTI forums for over a decade now, and pretty much everyone has an evil INFJ ex. I realize some people actually do, obviously, but the range of descriptions is amusing at times. I'm glad we can add motorcycle-luvin gymnastics to the description.

Let me try to summarize everything I've learned over the years: The INFJ is a narcissist who loves cats, never leaves the house, is a psychological amoeba with elephant skin, their feelings are a shadow of the real and are capable of levels of hatred only Hiltler could exemplify, they are unicorns and prudes, aggressive sluts and gymnasts who wear too much black eyeliner and are psychic, they are more abstract than any other, but they love motorcycles and rainy days, they have no regrets, doorslam all but a few, and most of all they are your X.

Did I miss anything people?
    lol!

Also I'd like a link to where it says INFJ's are the most abstract personality.

I would put ENFP's in charge of that realm. I don't even feel like they're talking to me when they speak to me. I don't even think they exist on the same plane of existence as me.