User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: INFP vs INFJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Fia's descriptions resonate with me and my experiences with an INFP boyfriend and several INFP close friends very well.

I also have found as time has gone on that while Fe/Fi may seem like a clear difference, Ni/Ne differences are actually probably even more profound and affect outlook and thought process considerably.

I might add that for me, my dom/tert loops (Ni-Ti) tend to be centred around organizing things in my life which don't seem to easily resolve themselves - whether behaviour of other people, or content of information I need to be responsible for and so on. It seems that when there is a strong emotional element involved that includes some contradictory information, I get stuck endlessly looking at things from different perspectives, structuring the information, and then feeling that I left out something important and having to start the whole process from scratch, leaving me stuck for a time and looking for some kind of Se escape like sleep, spending money, watching mindless TV, being overindulgent, etc.

On the other hand, INFP dom-tert loops (Fi/Ne) seem to be centred around their own internal beliefs/feelings about themselves (at least from an observer perspective) and both coping mechanism escape and the key to getting out of the loop are in different areas than with an INFJ, as the loop is centred around different issues.

A_priori

The most clear examples of how the two types are distinguished would be that INFPs are more.. whats your buisness is yours and what's mine is mine, while the INFJ is more inclined to want to have a mutual openness, exposing more and wanting more exposed. INFJ types essentially want to get everything out on the table in attempts to analyze and understand while INFPs tend to be more comftrable keeping some things held back. Another thing you will notice is that the INFJ is more pushy and seeks to get down to the focal point of problems while INFPs are a little more open ended and in my opinion tend to make better listeners.

It's important that INFJs take the time to listen to INFPs without trying to figure everything about them out. The INFP needs breathing room and must be recognized for there boundaries and incredibly rigid morals and values. The INFJ seeks more interpersonal understanding which the INFP generally has to push themselfs out beyond what they feel is nessicary to keep the fire stoked so to say.

These are a few things that I typically notice but overall we are far more simular when both types are healthy then people assume.

Cheers

A_priori

Double post

A_priori

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Here are my lame generalizations.

infj = crude, don't take themselves seriously
    infp = not crude, take themselves seriously
    Lol sarcasm again?

MBTI
    INFJ

Here are my lame generalizations.

infj = crude, don't take themselves seriously
    infp = not crude, take themselves seriously

Crude as in generally unrefined, and kind of raw? Crude as in having a vulgar sense of humour? Or all of the above?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by anti-villain View Post
    Crude as in generally unrefined, and kind of raw? Crude as in having a vulgar sense of humour? Or all of the above?
    I'd relate to both; though I can do that poise & grace shit if/when required...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Lol sarcasm again?
    You should have seen what DJ wrote before editing. It was terrible and hilarious. It struck me even funnier that it was changed. I think it is all joke.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My post was intended to be serious yet humorous. INFJ's have a crude earthy sense of humor and INFP's don't.

Otherwise, in general, INFJ's are aggressive sluts and INFP's are flower sniffers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My post was intended to be serious yet humorous. INFJ's have a crude earthy sense of humor and INFP's don't.

Otherwise, in general, INFJ's are aggressive sluts and INFP's are flower sniffers
    And put them together...

I'm not crude until someone says I am and then I *have* to live up to the reputation.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)