First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You have never met any of her friends and are unlikely to? Why would you be unlikely to even if you hadn't yet? Sounds like a cheater.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJack View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. I have found out a few things. Her words:

So, there it is.
    What is she, a man?

"I love you, I love having sex with you, but I don't want a relationship with you...because I am insanely private and live just a few hours away (not all the way across the country or in another nation)."

Is she married? Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ on a Pogo Stick.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You have never met any of her friends and are unlikely to? Why would you be unlikely to even if you hadn't yet? Sounds like a cheater.
    Yea. Is she living a double life?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If I had a girlfriend tell me these things, I'd be convinced the guy she was seeing was messing around on his wife. Some of those things are classic signs of being "the other woman."
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

As I said, I really have no idea what to think.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJack View Post
    As I said, I really have no idea what to think.
    well, put the question of fidelity aside for a moment - she isn't giving you any commitments, so if she is cheating, its not on you.

right now, she appears to be comfortable with the situation, knowing that it hurts you. doesn't really seem like she gives a damn, not enough to change anything. so from what i gather - you have an emotional involvement with someone who isn't emotionally involved back. meaning that if you continue:

pro's:
    you continue to enjoy her company.
    you continue to enjoy your sexual chemistry.

cons:
    you might feel rejected from the connection you desire every time the reality of the situation comes up.
    you might be emotionally unavailable to form connections with women who truly would like to get emotionally involved with you.
    you might accumulate false hopes created by mixed signals growing into higher levels of disappointment & hurt.
    she is comfortable with maintaining the situation - thus she is unlikely to change it.

did i miss anything?

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, she came up for the weekend. After a couple of hours of great sex, best we have had for awhile, I asked her if there was another guy, the conversation just went in that direction. She said no, and I do believe her. It was different this time when she was here, more relaxed and the sex and intimacy was like it was when we first got together. The week before, I was not as "available" to talk as I usually am. I don't know if that made a difference or not, or if the conversations that I posted about did. She didn't say when she was coming back, and for the first time, I did not ask.