• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Which NF type would you pick for your SO?

Which NF type would you choose for your SO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
OK so maybe it's all about the maturation process, but without a doubt the ENFPs I know (even, and especially, the hardcore E's) are the most introverted extraverts I've ever met. Like Carolyn described: they all need downtime with a good friend and/or good relaxation activity to purge the emotional detritus that they pick up bouncing around (meta)physically.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I voted ENFP on the assumption she wouldn't be a slut and cheat, which I've read can be a problem for 'em. I can handle the social butterfly stuff, but infidelity = out

Very much agreed. Fidelity (trust) is the most important thing in a relationship to me, so that'd be a factor. My good enfp friend cheated a few times on her bf... Bad ju ju. =/

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Unfortunately, I'm not able to apply the acronym "SO" to the context (something about marriage). Could someone please explain what an "SO" is?

:violin:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*significant other

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think an INFx type would be my ideal. I know many INFPs and I know a strongly expressed 'P' would drive me nuts. So I selected INFJ, although granted I don't know many right now.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Really I think I'd be best suited to an NT of some kind, but speaking hypothetically I think that of the NFs INFP would be my choice. I don't have anything against extroverts, but too much time spent in their company can be sort of draining so I don't think either ENFP or J would be an ideal choice for a relationship. An INFJ might be a little too much like me, and what's the point of that? In friendships, I find the endless INFP/INFJ similarities and differences to be quite intriguing to contemplate and discuss. I suppose the same dynamic might be there in a romantic relationship.

So yeah, basically, INFP it is. (If I had to choose an NF.) :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I voted ENFP on the assumption she wouldn't be a slut and cheat, which I've read can be a problem for 'em. I can handle the social butterfly stuff, but infidelity = out

:shock:

That's really sweet of you to say, Noz.

Hahahaha....

I have to concur, I think I might be more compatible with a T who is in touch with their feelings (no, not an oxymoron :p) but if I had to choose amongst NF, I'd pick INFJ. I think that would be enough difference to make it a good fit.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I don't seriously think about it in MBTI terms, but the fieryness of ENFJ is appealing, theoretically.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I DID pick an ENFJ for a girlfriend, and it was great while it lasted. But I think I want to find an ESFJ next time. :blush:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP for me
although an ENTP would probably the best for me
I adore Fi, and have plenty of it myself
plus too much Fe would annoy me, since my Fe annoys me

Usehername

On a mission
Unfortunately, I'm not able to apply the acronym "SO" to the context (something about marriage). Could someone please explain what an "SO" is?

:violin:

SO = significant other.

--

A moderate extravert would help balance me but not be too draining because of my more mild introversion (an introvert tends to force me to take up the extravert role, which is more draining, IMO).

So, ENFx so far. I have a male ENFP friend whom I adore, and my father is also an ENFP which worked well matched with my SJ mom. ENFPs and I tend to light each others fires pretty easily. But I have a thing for ENFJs (romantic or platonic). Not all ENFJs, but when it clicks, it is my favourite. :) Ni can dive deep together without much effort at all when it's the same flavour.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
*significant other

thank you. i feel a bit silly now, though. that seems so obvious.

anyway, i voted ENFJ. theoretically speaking, the an extroverted judger would best help me carry out my goals, and an other intuitive feeler would be the most supportive and understanding.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I guess we can only make one choice? I tried to vote for both ENFJ and INFJ.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Eh. Probably INFP, though they can be a little too much like me. Still, they're the NFs I "connect" best with. I don't think I'd get on with ENFPs or ENFJs, but I suppose it's possible. I think that I might just work better with NTPs.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ, hands down.

ENFP is too flighty and/or temperamental for me personally, although I love bouncing around the cosmos with them. (Me and Targ, wheee!)

INFJs, I like but I can't read most of them and I get confused. They internalize a lot, in general, and the Ni leaves them very inscrutable unless they are very good at putting out steady signals.

I love INFPs but there is still a Ti/Fi clash. INFP friends are good to talk to, but I don't know about marriage.

ENFJs are extroverted but in a low-key way (so they're engaging).
Their Ni means they usually can see my POV and that of others, and I have a strong Ni. Also allows for lots of fun moments. :)
They also tend to be responsible and are thinking long-term about other people's personal growth and care about it -- same as I do. I am more primarily an explorer and model builder, but usually to the ends of growth for people, and they have similar passions. I have a stroke of seriousness underneath all the goofy, and they have it too.
Their Fe and mine actually locks up too, there are certain ways people should be treated, so we both have similar interaction styles in that way and agree on a "best approach."
Finally, I like them being F's because if I was with a T, I'd probably end up having to play more "F" and I just cannot do it long-term to that degree. The T person would also feel far too cold to me and I couldn't make a deep-enough connection. The F provided by the ENFJ gives me space to be me.

Jennifer, I find that I have many of the characteristics that you portrayed the ENFJ as having. On the other hand, I have a very strong Ne and strong Ni preference with very strong Fe and Fi preferences, which makes my type: WEIRD. But technically, I am ENFP. So we aren't all bad. :yes::party2:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No NFs for me...NT is much more engaging. I'm pretty sure my husband is NT.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFJ, hands down.

Their Ni means they usually can see my POV and that of others, and I have a strong Ni. Also allows for lots of fun moments. :)
They also tend to be responsible and are thinking long-term about other people's personal growth and care about it -- same as I do. I am more primarily an explorer and model builder, but usually to the ends of growth for people, and they have similar passions. I have a stroke of seriousness underneath all the goofy, and they have it too.
Their Fe and mine actually locks up too, there are certain ways people should be treated, so we both have similar interaction styles in that way and agree on a "best approach."
Finally, I like them being F's because if I was with a T, I'd probably end up having to play more "F" and I just cannot do it long-term to that degree. The T person would also feel far too cold to me and I couldn't make a deep-enough connection. The F provided by the ENFJ gives me space to be me.

Get out of my mind!
I don't know any ENFPs offhand, so I'll leave them out. My dad is ENFJ, my brother INFP and one ex INFJ. Getting along with my ENFJ dad is effortless for pretty much the reasons Jennifer described.

INFJ ex could be great. But he was sometimes too inscrutable, and had trust issues he admitted. It was as if he had several layers and I should be happy he let me into a deeper layer than others, because *no one* goes further. Not so good for someone driven to understand the complexities of the people they care about. Meanwhile, he was very much into getting at my own core, which (surprise) I am similarly disinclined to allow. Couple inscrutability with high sensitivity and it's too exhausting. But maybe worth it?

With INFP brother, we "get" each other a lot, too, but this isn't always good, because we also understand well enough to see the underlying motivations we don't like (F v. T). When it's good, it's awesome, but when we disagree, the psychological skirmishes and one-up-manship can be all too effective. We know how to rile each other up, and do it for kicks.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
ENFJ, hands down.

ENFP is too flighty and/or temperamental for me personally, although I love bouncing around the cosmos with them. (Me and Targ, wheee!)

INFJs, I like but I can't read most of them and I get confused. They internalize a lot, in general, and the Ni leaves them very inscrutable unless they are very good at putting out steady signals.

I love INFPs but there is still a Ti/Fi clash. INFP friends are good to talk to, but I don't know about marriage.

How YOU doin?? :D

I love shy girls...so I would probably tend to lean towards "I"....and I love "NF's"