User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type would you choose for your SO?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

14 21.88%
  • ENFJ

14 21.88%
  • INFJ

25 39.06%
  • INFP

11 17.19%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which NF type would you pick for your SO?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

ENFP for me
    although an ENTP would probably the best for me
    I adore Fi, and have plenty of it myself
    plus too much Fe would annoy me, since my Fe annoys me
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not able to apply the acronym "SO" to the context (something about marriage). Could someone please explain what an "SO" is?

SO = significant other.

--

A moderate extravert would help balance me but not be too draining because of my more mild introversion (an introvert tends to force me to take up the extravert role, which is more draining, IMO).

So, ENFx so far. I have a male ENFP friend whom I adore, and my father is also an ENFP which worked well matched with my SJ mom. ENFPs and I tend to light each others fires pretty easily. But I have a thing for ENFJs (romantic or platonic). Not all ENFJs, but when it clicks, it is my favourite. Ni can dive deep together without much effort at all when it's the same flavour.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I already picked an INFJ.
    Ditto. Or maybe she picked me. Dunno.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    *significant other
    thank you. i feel a bit silly now, though. that seems so obvious.

anyway, i voted ENFJ. theoretically speaking, the an extroverted judger would best help me carry out my goals, and an other intuitive feeler would be the most supportive and understanding.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

MBTI
    INTP

I guess we can only make one choice? I tried to vote for both ENFJ and INFJ.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Eh. Probably INFP, though they can be a little too much like me. Still, they're the NFs I "connect" best with. I don't think I'd get on with ENFPs or ENFJs, but I suppose it's possible. I think that I might just work better with NTPs.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ENFJ, hands down.

ENFP is too flighty and/or temperamental for me personally, although I love bouncing around the cosmos with them. (Me and Targ, wheee!)

INFJs, I like but I can't read most of them and I get confused. They internalize a lot, in general, and the Ni leaves them very inscrutable unless they are very good at putting out steady signals.

I love INFPs but there is still a Ti/Fi clash. INFP friends are good to talk to, but I don't know about marriage.

ENFJs are extroverted but in a low-key way (so they're engaging).
    Their Ni means they usually can see my POV and that of others, and I have a strong Ni. Also allows for lots of fun moments.
    They also tend to be responsible and are thinking long-term about other people's personal growth and care about it -- same as I do. I am more primarily an explorer and model builder, but usually to the ends of growth for people, and they have similar passions. I have a stroke of seriousness underneath all the goofy, and they have it too.
    Their Fe and mine actually locks up too, there are certain ways people should be treated, so we both have similar interaction styles in that way and agree on a "best approach."
    Finally, I like them being F's because if I was with a T, I'd probably end up having to play more "F" and I just cannot do it long-term to that degree. The T person would also feel far too cold to me and I couldn't make a deep-enough connection. The F provided by the ENFJ gives me space to be me.
    Jennifer, I find that I have many of the characteristics that you portrayed the ENFJ as having. On the other hand, I have a very strong Ne and strong Ni preference with very strong Fe and Fi preferences, which makes my type: WEIRD. But technically, I am ENFP. So we aren't all bad.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

No NFs for me...NT is much more engaging. I'm pretty sure my husband is NT.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

wholly charmed Array Spartacuss's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENFJ, hands down.

Their Ni means they usually can see my POV and that of others, and I have a strong Ni. Also allows for lots of fun moments.
    They also tend to be responsible and are thinking long-term about other people's personal growth and care about it -- same as I do. I am more primarily an explorer and model builder, but usually to the ends of growth for people, and they have similar passions. I have a stroke of seriousness underneath all the goofy, and they have it too.
    Their Fe and mine actually locks up too, there are certain ways people should be treated, so we both have similar interaction styles in that way and agree on a "best approach."
    Finally, I like them being F's because if I was with a T, I'd probably end up having to play more "F" and I just cannot do it long-term to that degree. The T person would also feel far too cold to me and I couldn't make a deep-enough connection. The F provided by the ENFJ gives me space to be me.
    Get out of my mind!
    I don't know any ENFPs offhand, so I'll leave them out. My dad is ENFJ, my brother INFP and one ex INFJ. Getting along with my ENFJ dad is effortless for pretty much the reasons Jennifer described.

INFJ ex could be great. But he was sometimes too inscrutable, and had trust issues he admitted. It was as if he had several layers and I should be happy he let me into a deeper layer than others, because *no one* goes further. Not so good for someone driven to understand the complexities of the people they care about. Meanwhile, he was very much into getting at my own core, which (surprise) I am similarly disinclined to allow. Couple inscrutability with high sensitivity and it's too exhausting. But maybe worth it?

With INFP brother, we "get" each other a lot, too, but this isn't always good, because we also understand well enough to see the underlying motivations we don't like (F v. T). When it's good, it's awesome, but when we disagree, the psychological skirmishes and one-up-manship can be all too effective. We know how to rile each other up, and do it for kicks.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Senior Member Array Desperado44's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

ENFJ, hands down.

ENFP is too flighty and/or temperamental for me personally, although I love bouncing around the cosmos with them. (Me and Targ, wheee!)

INFJs, I like but I can't read most of them and I get confused. They internalize a lot, in general, and the Ni leaves them very inscrutable unless they are very good at putting out steady signals.

I love INFPs but there is still a Ti/Fi clash. INFP friends are good to talk to, but I don't know about marriage.

How YOU doin??

I love shy girls...so I would probably tend to lean towards "I"....and I love "NF's"
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou