User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    We're the most organised type of all! In our heads anyway...
    ...pretty much spot on. an INFJ once told me "when my environment's in chaos, my mind is in chaos".

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    In my defense, I was speaking to the stereotype that says Js must be organized in every aspect of their life, including their desks.
    i think the stereotype is true-ish to the extent that it makes for a better environment for them - one that they prosper and relax more easily in. i've noticed that especially with my very J-ish son, but it seems to work over the board. but again, just because you have a need doesn't make you good at providing for that need.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I like knowing what I'm getting into and having a set schedule to follow. But when it comes to tidying up, even though my spaces are relatively neat, there's a pretty good degree of entropy going on. Lots of stuff on my desk, for instance. Cluttered, and kind of an organized chaos to my system. The kinds of things that would drive SJ's crazy. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

I am extremely organized in every area of my life. I don't pursue absolute perfection, but anything that falls outside of the [small] allowance range annoys me until it's fixed.

For instance, I organize the clothes in my closet by color, type, and how I use them. band shirts---shirts and jeans for my full-time job---shirts and jeans to wear at home---shirts and jeans for my part-time job---dress shirts and pants---sweaters. All other clothes are folded neatly in drawers.

I always keep spices arranged in alphabetical order left to right.

When I used to listen to cds, I had them organized perfectly alphabetically and in order of release for each band, which was no small feat because I had/have thousands of cds. Back when I had Pokemon trading cards I did the exact same thing, both in binders to display one card from each set, and in the boxes for bulk cards.

Any food I have is organized like a store. And, whenever I go shopping, I organize stuff on my cart and the conveyor belt to make it easier for the bagger to take care of.

Books are organized by genre and how frequently I read them, with any series kept in order.

I have no problems sticking to a schedule whenever it's necessary. Usually though, I just don't have that much going on, so I rarely need to make any schedules.

When I was in school all my notes were very organized both in how I wrote them (including formatting) and positionally in storage in relation to other notes from different classes, as well as any homework.

Whenever I move to live somewhere else, it takes 2 hours to pack everything away--sometimes even less than that--and about 2.5-3 hours to get everything set back up the way I want it.

I could go on and on...

I know this seems like it might be difficult to maintain, but it's quite easy and quick for me. I suppose somebody has to be the contrarian here haha.

A_priori

Quote Originally Posted by _eric_ View Post
    I am extremely organized in every area of my life. I don't pursue absolute perfection, but anything that falls outside of the [small] allowance range annoys me until it's fixed.

For instance, I organize the clothes in my closet by color, type, and how I use them. band shirts---shirts and jeans for my full-time job---shirts and jeans to wear at home---shirts and jeans for my part-time job---dress shirts and pants---sweaters. All other clothes are folded neatly in drawers.

I always keep spices arranged in alphabetical order left to right.

When I used to listen to cds, I had them organized perfectly alphabetically and in order of release for each band, which was no small feat because I had/have thousands of cds. Back when I had Pokemon trading cards I did the exact same thing, both in binders to display one card from each set, and in the boxes for bulk cards.

Any food I have is organized like a store. And, whenever I go shopping, I organize stuff on my cart and the conveyor belt to make it easier for the bagger to take care of.

Books are organized by genre and how frequently I read them, with any series kept in order.

I have no problems sticking to a schedule whenever it's necessary. Usually though, I just don't have that much going on, so I rarely need to make any schedules.

When I was in school all my notes were very organized both in how I wrote them (including formatting) and positionally in storage in relation to other notes from different classes, as well as any homework.

Whenever I move to live somewhere else, it takes 2 hours to pack everything away--sometimes even less than that--and about 2.5-3 hours to get everything set back up the way I want it.

I could go on and on...

I know this seems like it might be difficult to maintain, but it's quite easy and quick for me. I suppose somebody has to be the contrarian here haha.
    I can definitely respect this as a quality but can also see how these kind of charictoristics can become unhealthy. Specifically for those who struggle with anxiety and OCD like traits. In other words I have seen judging to the degree where it becomes a compulsive burden. I think it's really about having a good balance, this being said I have also seen people who naturally poses judging charictoristics to this extreme without any adverse consequences.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by A_priori View Post
    I can definitely respect this as a quality but can also see how these kind of charictoristics can become unhealthy. Specifically for those who struggle with anxiety and OCD like traits. In other words I have seen judging to the degree where it becomes a compulsive burden. I think it's really about having a good balance, this being said I have also seen people who naturally poses judging charictoristics to this extreme without any adverse consequences.
    I agree. I don't freak out or become non-functional when things aren't to my liking, so it's all good.

A_priori

Quote Originally Posted by _eric_ View Post
    I agree. I don't freak out or become non-functional when things aren't to my liking, so it's all good.
    Ya it sounds like this is just natural for you. I can definitely identify with some of the stuff you were saying. I am also J to the point where I have all of my cloths hanging in my closet, all color coordinated and in specific order. One thing I noticed is that I start going a little nuts when I am in an invioronent where things are scattered. I personally feel a lot more at ease when things are organized and in there place.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

OK but are you actually disorganised or do you just have a low threshold for what constitutes disorder? Are you like those J-types that when you go around to their place they apologise for their house being "such a mess!", then you look around and it's frickin' immaculate?

I don't doubt there are messy Js (I know several that are), I just think that sometimes Judgers and Perceivers have very different concepts of the word "messy" or "disorganised".
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've always thought that J/P didn't necessarily correlate to tangible clutters such as having a messy house.

Js all like to have order, yes. But it seems to me that the kinds of things Js like to keep in order varies by type.

For example, it seems like INFJs like to keep their Ni ruminations in order. If you want to upset an INFJ, all you have to do is challenge one of their Ni ideals. And, it's by my observation that ENFJs like to order the people in their lives. They see a definite social hierarchy and assign everyone a place in it.

I've known INFJs with messy houses and one's with neat houses. I don't think messiness or neatness has much to do with an INFJs J preference.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

INFJ tidiness has everything to do with our "Believie System" or our own personal ideals. If I don't have a harmonious social atmosphere and physical space in my house, I'll be distracted until those things have been sorted to the appropriate level and degree within my own personal believie system. The priority on the believie system goes for all routines, schedules, structures, and organizational methods, in their varying kinds, and so, having a healthy and balanced believie system is paramount, and can be dangerous if it's not.

For example, if it's study time, the whole house is cleaned to the right duration of procrastination that allows for appropriate pressure cooker retention of soon to be studied material. Habit, routine, order. Can not study in a mess, but I can live with a bit of disorder, say, a few things are on the floor, the dishes aren't done, and my bed is unmade......but that's usually done.

I like sticking to routines that work best and any sign that I'm not following my routine, whether seemingly dysfunctional or not, is cause for alarm. For example, I don't often take a different route to work just for the fun of it and mess with my tried and true route and schedule, UNLESS, I don't care if I get fired or reprimanded today, in which case, getting to work on time has fallen on the believie system because that job sucks anyway, and I'd like for them to get pissed off and fire me, which will force my indecisive INFJ brain to apply for all those better jobs so I can tell the people at the new job, how stupid that last job was, so I tour the downtown instead, and show up late.

I've lived with many roommates for over a decade and I can honestly say, I'm the cleanest guy out of all of them, and they will all vouch for me in that.

Every P type I've lived with is a victim of disorganization and untidiness! "Why is my toe bleeding?" "Because I told you to sweep those shards of glass off the floor and you didn't. Moron!"
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

A_priori

I find myself much more disorganized when it comes to keeping a schedule. I know that there are a fair share of Js out there who feel a sense of control when they plan everything in advance but for me, it sort of makes me feel the opposite. I like to leave things much more open ended. As an example I could never work your quintessential 9-5 as I would seriously feel trapped. I dislike being part of companies or organizations which essentially mold you to their schedule and set a certain expectation for how you should have things done etc.. I feel way more at ease and in control running my own buisness and not being obligated should I want to take a day off or change something. Anyways, I think this is what I am really trying to express when it comes to be unorganized. I also dislike commitment in terms of having to be certain places at certain times. I don't maybe it's just me or maybe it's common amongst other INFJs..