Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Why do NFs like Spirituality?

I'm wondering why pretty much all of the folks into spirituality (like the New Age Movement) are NFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    (like the INFJ in the below video)
    Truth? What To Do When No One Can Agree On It! (Ask Teal-Help For Those Who Suffer From Indecision)

Enneagram
    9w8

First, that girl looks remarkably like an elf! [so, are INFJs all part elf? Is that why my ears are pointed?]

Secondly, it is not the F that pushes one toward spirituality so much as it is the Ni. However, having said that, I will say that any type can be spiritual. Granted, it may be more difficult for some types than others, but ulitmately, spirituality is a reflection of what we choose to believe and not of type. I think not a more spiritual man ever lived than C.S. Lewis, an INTJ. There are many INTJs who are very spiritual. I know some personally.

I will move out of the realm of theory and into the realm of experience now. I know some ISTPs who are spiritual and ENTPs and ESTJs and ESTPs [I know a BUNCH of these who are spiritual]. I know an ISFP who is spiritual and even some ESFPs, but spirituality in an ISTP and an INFJ will not look the same. We must recognize that it will manifest itself in various apperances. I even know some ISTJs who are spiritual.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

we like "self development" and "be all you can be" and "harmony" and "love" and "compassion" and stuff

NF's warm fuzzy inspirational things!

That sounds stereotypical, but I've read basically the same thing in various MBTI theory books I own.

garbage

It's ineffable, but it's the thing that's beneath the surface and beyond the shadows in the cave--and, ultimately, the source of our motivations.

One can tie that into type, or whatever

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Why isn't Poimandres spiritual?
    Why would it have to do with type?
    Why wouldn't it be due to physical brain structure and not a misinterpretation of Jung?
    Why couldn't it be due to childhood exposure to religion?
    Why coouldn't it be due to a variety of other things beside what you know about personally (typology, et alia)?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

THE FEELS

We're the most in touch with illogical things and things that may or may not be. So...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    It's ineffable, [...]
    You mean NF-able?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Because there is something there for me.

I feel energy.. I feel life breathing in the world. When I saw the waterfall I'd traveled so far away from to see, it was beautiful--but more than that. Everything was alive. It was alive, the trees and everything around it.. an oasis in the middle of the desert.

When I am in a forest, I feel energy in it. It fuels something inside of me. I feel spirit, and calm, and other such things in rocks.

There are deeper connections with people. There is a passion for those around me inside of me, and the whole world is lined up by a beautiful system of stars, patterns, repetition of shapes, variety, and formulas, and...

... and new-agey stuff tells me that I'm not crazy for feeling that way about all of that. That I'm not crazy for thinking a tree is a powerful and moving piece of scenery. That there really is life in everything--which is what I see whether new age stuff exists or not..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me its just always been part of who I am.

I've been a buddhist most of my active life. I have always believed in the connections between people and the transformative nature of kindness. Without that belief, I couldn't be me. Why do I believe in it? Because I think the human mind goes deeper than basic scientific thinking. We have an inmate ability to understand the why of the world, not just the what. We all find that in difference ways.

Our lives are full of suffering. We only have each other to reduce that suffering. We can only make the world a better place together. Without that, we're nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

My cousin, who is a new ager is porbably an INTP, not an NF at all. I dont new many poeple into the new age movement who are hardcore but much of my family is into it lite, though I doubt most of them are NFs.