User Tag List

123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Questions for INFP's

If I may, I'd like to start a thread just for people to ask INFP's questions about type, experiences, random things, feelings, etc. I am interested in how you operate, because you are mysterious and beautiful people. Also it could help people who are confused about their type and other people's types.

Sticky please?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?
    I do.

Nah, I prefer to write in an actual journal, due in part to simply enjoying the feeling and appearance of written words, and also due in no small part to the fact that paper journals are far more combustible than electronic ones.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I do.

Nah, I prefer to write in an actual journal, due in part to simply enjoying the feeling and appearance of written words, and also due in no small part to the fact that paper journals are far more combustible than electronic ones.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks for answering.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

No, I don't keep any journals. I tried to write a small blog here on the forum, but I lost interest after some while. I didn't feel happy with the result or the direction it went after some time anymore and didn't think the blog helped me much in any way, so I stopped it. Now I just stick to processing everything in my head, as I do with most things.

Did never really think about writing in an actual book rather than on a computer, but that may be because I have been always a computer enthusiast Must say though, Tyrinth has a good argument for the journal, haha.

MBTI
    INFP

I keep a written journal and do have a blog on another forum. The paper journal comes first - usually - to even begin to sort out strong emotions. ( I began to journal shortly after my father died.) The on-line one is where I go to find out if other people have similar responses or have I gone around the sanity bend.

INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
    Yes. Hockey and volleyball, which I'm going to play right now...in the sand. Love it!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Yes. Hockey and volleyball, which I'm going to play right now...in the sand. Love it!
    An INFP who plays hockey- that's something I didn't expect. Excellent. I like when people are outside the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    I keep a written journal and do have a blog on another forum. The paper journal comes first - usually - to even begin to sort out strong emotions. ( I began to journal shortly after my father died.) The on-line one is where I go to find out if other people have similar responses or have I gone around the sanity bend.
    Yeah I was just remembering a lot of people have online journals, like LiveJournal and stuff. Then I thought that maybe not everyone would write their most personal things on there. And something also clicked: if Fi dominants have to sort out their strong emotions, maybe they have as much confusion about them as I do. That's kind of unexpected though, because all the sources seem to suggest Fi doms have really high emotional intelligence and all that. Maybe you guys are good at feeling things and dealing with them in a healthy way, just not describing them in words? Whereas Fe people are maybe the opposite. And then Ti doms might have trouble with both.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

yep. I use Google Docs because that way I can access it anywhere and don't have to worry about it being misplaced. And yes, it's easier to type than write. I have a tendency to edit the same sentence five times within the span of thirty seconds, so that's really not conducive to physical journaling.