• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for INFP's

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It is having your conscience screaming at you constantly. Whoever said "do what is right even should the world end" was definitely an Fi-Dom.

I don't relate, but I'm also doubting my Fi-ness

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't relate, but I'm also doubting my Fi-ness

It's not doing what's right in the cultural idea of what's right, but what is right according to the INFP. Young INFP's might struggle with the confidence to determine what's right by themselves.

I haven't known many INFJ's well, but from what I've seen, it seems like INFJ's don't excite as easily. When I have an original creative thought, I'll run with it and be like "I had a thought!!!" I had an INFJ professor and I'd never seen her get too enthused about much. If I were talking in front of a group, they'll be a point when my speaking speeds up, the tone of my voice changes and it'll be clear I'm talking about something that I'm into. This INFJ didn't do that. I imagine that INFJ's are slower to excite because of the Ti use, which picks thoughts apart, and maybe it doesn't last as long.

Maybe another difference there might be is when I want something done, I want it now. There will be steps, and I know they're coming but I'm so focused on getting past the step I'm on now, I don't consider the next steps as much as I should. When I'm going through these steps, I feel almost a little panicky about getting to the next one. That just might be a me thing.

Anyways, that's a little of how I experience Fi in contrast to what an Fe might experience.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I haven't known many INFJ's well, but from what I've seen, it seems like INFJ's don't excite as easily. When I have an original creative thought, I'll run with it and be like "I had a thought!!!" I had an INFJ professor and I'd never seen her get too enthused about much. If I were talking in front of a group, they'll be a point when my speaking speeds up, the tone of my voice changes and it'll be clear I'm talking about something that I'm into. This INFJ didn't do that. I imagine that INFJ's are slower to excite because of the Ti use, which picks thoughts apart, and maybe it doesn't last as long.

I relate to this 100%! :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I relate to this 100%! :D
Thanks! :D

I've not gotten many enthusiastic responses to stuff I come up with, unless you count hysterical laughter, and I bet I'd be frightened if I did.

INFP's are lucky that we can do this thought-masturbation stuff. I think we can entertain ourselves better than most types.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a pictographical language that I use to record epiphanies. This basically 16 perspectives on time and space, which combine and interrelate with experiences. I draw the scene, and the feeling, and then mark the page up with symbols representing moral views and thus feelings. Much of this is also a construction of identity from universal concepts of love, art, sacrifice, Eastern Religious, Christian Religions, Science, Feng Shui, Nature, cycles, Sieves, the Universe, and other things. Everything feeds back into self-identity, as the universe is a mirror. It flows into me, and I flow out to it in continuous reciprocity of affirmation.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings?
I'll write poems or short stories relating to the way I'm feeling, main character with similar feelings and problems and so on. I also love ranting on the internet, in a sense it's some kind of journal. I also get to pretend that people actually care. I have this need for people to know how I'm feeling. Especially if it's bad feelings. Don't ask me why because I don't know.

INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
No, I despise sports. I have painful memories of it too, I used to play football (soccer) when I was very young, in a team. But I was the absolute worst in the team, and the coaches and the rest of the team never ever hesitated to be mean about it (mocking in various ways). So I quit and have since then had low self-esteem when it comes to being physical in front of people. I don't completely judge people who are into sports, but sometimes I do. I find that they're obnoxious more often than not, and I don't feel at home around them. I hate playing sports. I hate dancing. People who dance, no matter if they're good or bad make me cringe. And I don't care at all how attractive dancing can make one look. Balett looks nice though, it's artsy.

How does Fi feel?
Intense, unpredictable and conflicted. There are feelings that can't be described with words.

What happens if the high cannot be maintained? Or if the harmony of the internal world is disturbed? How to bring back the high feeling back?
Bringing back the "high feeling" is not an option for me. I just feel whatever my mind has decided to feel. Though, crying or punching durable things (depends on the emotion) helps a lot you know. And ranting.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do.

Nah, I prefer to write in an actual journal, due in part to simply enjoying the feeling and appearance of written words, and also due in no small part to the fact that paper journals are far more combustible than electronic ones.

[MENTION=14786]Tyrinth[/MENTION] --
And, to use metaphorical language, when you re-read them later, wistfully, they are far more comestible, too. :happy2:
(Provided they have been saved from the flames.)

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?
I have kept diaries on and off throughout my life. I have a bad habit of getting rid of them, though. I really don't like reading my own emotions. The gap between feelings and words is soo great that there is an awkwardness to a journal. Instead, I write stories, make drawings, and make music to deal with my emotions. Much better, cause no one else can hear my music and understand my deep personal feelings.

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
I absolutely love anything active. I rockclimb, hike, kayak, and do paintball regularly, but there is quite a lot more that I enjoy.

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cool. Way to buck the stereotype!
I very easily fall in line with the rest. I'm emotional, sensitive, and obsessed with music and understanding people and things. I think from my experience that the sports stereotype in this case is a tad unreliable for most infp.

mudcat

MBTI Type
INFP
Do I keep a journal?

No. I've tried a couple times. Both a real, physical journal as well as a blog. Never had the drive to keep with it though.

Do I play sports
Absolutely. I was a goalie that played hockey at a pretty elite level. I'm also decent enough at golf.

What is it like being Fi-dom
It's hard to explain cause it's the only way I can think lol. It's certainly not like we're always experiencing intense emotions. All types experience emotions; probably about equally.

My best advice is to read Catcher in the Rye. By far the most accurate accounting of what it's like to be an NFP I've read. It captures the whole spectrum of our thoughts - not just Fi and Ne but also low order Si and Te. Just an amazing book.