• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for INFP's

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I may, I'd like to start a thread just for people to ask INFP's questions about type, experiences, random things, feelings, etc. I am interested in how you operate, because you are mysterious and beautiful people. Also it could help people who are confused about their type and other people's types.

Sticky please?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?

I do.

Nah, I prefer to write in an actual journal, due in part to simply enjoying the feeling and appearance of written words, and also due in no small part to the fact that paper journals are far more combustible than electronic ones.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do.

Nah, I prefer to write in an actual journal, due in part to simply enjoying the feeling and appearance of written words, and also due in no small part to the fact that paper journals are far more combustible than electronic ones.

Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks for answering.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???

No, I don't keep any journals. I tried to write a small blog here on the forum, but I lost interest after some while. I didn't feel happy with the result or the direction it went after some time anymore and didn't think the blog helped me much in any way, so I stopped it. Now I just stick to processing everything in my head, as I do with most things.

Did never really think about writing in an actual book rather than on a computer, but that may be because I have been always a computer enthusiast :) Must say though, Tyrinth has a good argument for the journal, haha.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP

I keep a written journal and do have a blog on another forum. The paper journal comes first - usually - to even begin to sort out strong emotions. ( I began to journal shortly after my father died.) The on-line one is where I go to find out if other people have similar responses or have I gone around the sanity bend.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. Hockey and volleyball, which I'm going to play right now...in the sand. Love it!
An INFP who plays hockey- that's something I didn't expect. Excellent. I like when people are outside the boxes.

I keep a written journal and do have a blog on another forum. The paper journal comes first - usually - to even begin to sort out strong emotions. ( I began to journal shortly after my father died.) The on-line one is where I go to find out if other people have similar responses or have I gone around the sanity bend.

Yeah I was just remembering a lot of people have online journals, like LiveJournal and stuff. Then I thought that maybe not everyone would write their most personal things on there. And something also clicked: if Fi dominants have to sort out their strong emotions, maybe they have as much confusion about them as I do. That's kind of unexpected though, because all the sources seem to suggest Fi doms have really high emotional intelligence and all that. Maybe you guys are good at feeling things and dealing with them in a healthy way, just not describing them in words? Whereas Fe people are maybe the opposite. And then Ti doms might have trouble with both.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp

yep. I use Google Docs because that way I can access it anywhere and don't have to worry about it being misplaced. And yes, it's easier to type than write. I have a tendency to edit the same sentence five times within the span of thirty seconds, so that's really not conducive to physical journaling.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi - Si works as a sentimental scrapbook of things we value. A storehouse of things to ground us in times of inner-anguish. It can be pretty pictures, poems, songs, our favorite cafes (this one is mine for sure).

As far as writing goes, its easier to write because I feel more connected to what I am writing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't keep a diary/journal because I don't find the everyday, factual details of my life interesting, nor do I remember many of them. I might find it depressing actually. It would be like "boring, boring, mundane, more boring".

I do write crap poetry & I do type it out because I'm lazy & it's easier. Sometimes I use a notebook too. Whatever's easier & close at-hand. Sometimes what I write is related to what I'm currently feeling, but it's rarely triggered by specific events & is often more of a general concept reality may have inspired.

I do currently have a journal I am scribbling non-sensical crap about enneagram into. I write in it because it's easier to use than my laptop when curled up at the foot of my bed where my feet go when I sleep, which is how I like to think about enneagram.

Any other INFPs have physical modes for different ways of, er, processing?

I like pacing for thinking "analytically" or working out how I feel in a more thinking-way. Used to drive my family crazy by pacing constantly. I'm on my stomach with paper for creative writing & drawing. Ideas can actually cause a physical burst of energy, like running around or jumping up suddenly. Typing like a madwoman is best for for ranting & raving & emotional spewing. Something about the keyboard plunking down a bit violently is soothing. I imagine that's part of the appeal of the piano... I should definitely learn to play the piano!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really keep a diary, sometimes I like writing my feelings out when I'm overwhelmed by something but I find it hard to remember to write in it constantly and also paranoid about people reading my stuff.

I don't play sports and I've never been into them. don't like watching them either.

Sentient Light

MBTI Type
INFP
Journals are a must for me at the moment.
I get so anxious and I have to write down my feelings to get them all sorted out and to reassure myself that everything is fine.

I swim and when I get the chance, I'd definitely play badminton, kickball, and dodgeball. I might still play soccer too..

misometric

MBTI Type
?NFP
Enneagram
4w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?

I was a pretty talented martial artist in my teens. Was pretty good at most sports in school too. There is a stereotype that INFP's are not into/bad at sports. There is also the thing about INFP's hating conflict and hurting people. Yet, I have a big interest in competitive combat sports? :imok:

Although I am sometimes mistyped as ISFP and am considering that perhaps I am more ENFP. Heh. :shrug:

yeghor

I was a pretty talented martial artist in my teens. Was pretty good at most sports in school too. There is a stereotype that INFP's are not into/bad at sports. There is also the thing about INFP's hating conflict and hurting people. Yet, I have a big interest in competitive combat sports? :imok:

Although I am sometimes mistyped as ISFP and am considering that perhaps I am more ENFP. Heh. :shrug:

Those things would require Se-aux at least...

yeghor

How does Fi feel? I can at times feel pure bliss when I am connected with my shadow Fi values...and feel very much in pain when feeling depressed, which I guess again triggers my shadow Fi...

So what do Fi-dom feel throughout the day? Is there a predominant tone\vibe to it?