User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

how does it feel to be fi? I dunno after you've felt something for so long, you forget about it, becomes naturally, it becomes a background thing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?
    I'm beginning to write a sort of Alice in wonderland gone completely wrong book about a juvenile who goes through a coma and has permanent nightmares. Writing is a great outlet for INFPs. There's lots of tweaking you do to get things feeling just right, and so is a natural domain for my deepest desires and feelings. I also write music and that goes through exactly the same process (how about a flat 9, no too dissonant, doesn't go well with me. How about add 9 and sus 4? much better, this is what I want: an unresolved sound). Then Ne will go off on tangents saying "what about this, or how about this, maybe we can half that and use the other half next paragraph".

I naturally prefer writing but don't mind having my stuff on the computer. It's the same deal with a kindle: it's more efficient but artificial. If it gets the job done faster then I will not refrain from using it.

I hope that answers your question.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    The bad emotional feeling makes me wanna go sleep, hazy and radiates to my arms and entire body...some kind of lethargy....I want to crawl up and fall asleep at those times...
    Yeah, I can be a bit like that too.

As a sidenote have there been any times you've acted like an ENFJ? When feeling bad\angry or among friends? Accused people of having low Fe-worth? Or tried to organize people\friends around yourself?
    There are times where I behave in ways that are similar to FJ traits (like the ones you mentioned), yes, perhaps even NFJ-like I guess, but of course this isn't literal demonstration of these types. I don't see a clear pattern as to why I get into those modes.

I do have this thing where I try to channel a ENFJ personality when I go to job interviews for example - but that's more of a conscious thing. I can't say it comes off like that, but it helps to lift my outward manner a little - to be a bit more confident, friendly, relaxed, personable and mentally-present. Natural INFP behaviour can be a bit of a downer it seems.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Planetary Walker View Post
    I'm beginning to write a sort of Alice in wonderland gone completely wrong book about a juvenile who goes through a coma and has permanent nightmares. Writing is a great outlet for INFPs. There's lots of tweaking you do to get things feeling just right, and so is a natural domain for my deepest desires and feelings. I also write music and that goes through exactly the same process (how about a flat 9, no too dissonant, doesn't go well with me. How about add 9 and sus 4? much better, this is what I want: an unresolved sound). Then Ne will go off on tangents saying "what about this, or how about this, maybe we can half that and use the other half next paragraph".

I naturally prefer writing but don't mind having my stuff on the computer. It's the same deal with a kindle: it's more efficient but artificial. If it gets the job done faster then I will not refrain from using it.

I hope that answers your question.
    Sure, thanks. And that sounds like a cool book.

That's interesting how you write music, and connect the process to writing! I don't think I have much of a sense for that at all. Of course some Fe users write music and lyrics, but it seems to be more in the realm of Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by misometric View Post
    I am pretty certain I use the function Ne. Surely N types are capable of co-ordination too?
    No only sensors are allowed to do sports
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    How does Fi feel? I can at times feel pure bliss when I am connected with my shadow Fi values...and feel very much in pain when feeling depressed, which I guess again triggers my shadow Fi...

So what do Fi-dom feel throughout the day? Is there a predominant tone\vibe to it?
    It "feels" like thinking, through a lens trying to zoom in on what is truly significant & meaningful. Or it's like walking around with a very lopsided, internal scale, weighted down on one side with beauty & perfection & eternity, and waiting for something - anything - to move that scale.

Emotional feelings are just signals of sorts. In a typical day, I don't respond to mundane stuff strongly because it isn't important. I can get irritated with myself for running late or being messy, but I brush stuff off pretty easily because it doesn't strike me as important. I get called both temperamental & patient/easy-going by the same people.

I often have an air of indifference or slight melancholy. The latter is due to a general sense of disappointment in life. As @Southern Kross notes, this is partially what leads to dreaminess & absent-mindedness - checking out of dull & frustrating reality to create something which feels meaningful & colorful in your head. Internally, I have a much higher flux of emotion in response to my "inner world" than I do externally to the "real world".

I can be in prolonged modes of excitement when things are "happening" - stuff is tipping the scales beyond small, daily pleasures. Potential is emerging...Ne sort of alerts the Fi that this is a significant experience unfolding or time period that can lead to something meaningful.

I can relate to SK's internal snarkiness too, which is some elitism directed towards many areas of life. I wouldn't say that defines me, or not since my teens anyway. More often the critical voice is directed at myself, which also leaves me somewhat inhibited. In any case, the visible emotion, if any, is not necessarily in direct relation to what appears to have triggered it, if related at all. This causes confusion with others, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
    I don't like rules & dislike most games, including sports that are games. Competition strikes me as silly (I...just....can't....care...). I like indoor rock climbing, walks & hikes in beautiful nature, riding a bike, swimming, yoga....more relaxed & individual activities.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Thanks SK... Actually I think we aren't that different at all...

No only sensors are allowed to do sports
    No, it means that Se-doms are physiologically (inherently) advantaged (adept) when it comes to sports, physical activity, ability to manipulate the physical environment... That's how they are wired... The functions in our typing represent layers of the physical world that we are relatively more attuned to... It doesn't mean we cannot register or manipulate layers that we do not possess as a function...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    So you are sort of chasing the dragon...? Trying to find new ways to stimulate your inner world and find that sweet spot that gives you that "high\good" feeling, thru which you know that you are acting in line with your internal values...?

So there's this internal reception and fine-tuning going on...kinda like trying to fine-tune to a radio station you love(d) deeply...?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?
    I used to keep a journal on Myspace, but I stopped using it. I hate writing by hand since it hurts my arm, and I want to say more words than my arm lets me write. So I type. I need to get a blog started soon because I'm slipping into bad writings habits.

INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
    Oh, I misread this. Playing? Uh... no, I'm not one for physical competition. Or competition at all. But definitely not being physical.

I like watching sports though. Hockey and tennis mostly.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

I tried journaling in high school. It didn't take. I write for reasons other than self-awareness. Writing about my deepest feelings or whatever would get boring fast, and it seems so...precious. Keeping a journal is good for a lot of people. I just can't take myself or my life seriously enough for it do me any good.

Because it's the thoughts and words that matter, typing doesn't seem impersonal to me. My handwriting is barely legible, so there really isn't enough Wite-out in the world for the times I choose to write by hand. I also prefer the dynamic quality of using a computer. I can copy, delete, and rearrange the text more easily than with paper.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how does it feel to be fi? I dunno after you've felt something for so long, you forget about it, becomes naturally, it becomes a background thing.
    It is having your conscience screaming at you constantly. Whoever said "do what is right even should the world end" was definitely an Fi-Dom.
    Autistic INFP