User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    How does Fi feel? I can at times feel pure bliss when I am connected with my shadow Fi values...and feel very much in pain when feeling depressed, which I guess again triggers my shadow Fi...

So what do Fi-dom feel throughout the day? Is there a predominant tone\vibe to it?
    I'm not sure I can give an answer to this that is separate to my 4w5ness, but...

There's not a single feeling, and mostly it's pretty blah. I need more intense, interesting, or complex things to prick my ears up. I need something to challenge it to work harder to lift the experience above the banal. The outside world is usually pretty disappointing in this regard, which is why I often end up trying to generate those thoughts (and the consequent feelings) myself internally.

It does have the sense of an alternative commentary on events that's often in contrast to the external version, and this is the world that generates feelings. So as an example: someone might tell a not so great joke and internal commentary might say, "That's not funny. That's the 3rd unfunny joke he's made all night. He hasn't got a clue about basic humour", and I then react with amusement at the thought. Outwardly, it would seem like I'm amused at the joke, but really I'm amused at the filtered rendering of the joke; the interpretation of the joke. It's the reaction to the reaction. So the alternative commentary can offer up all sorts of feelings, albeit indirectly.

I'm not sure if that answers the question, or even if other IxFPs would agree with this.

EDIT: maybe I would say the most common feeling tone is "yearning".
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm not sure I can give an answer to this that is separate to my 4w5ness, but...

There's not a single feeling, and mostly it's pretty blah. I need more intense, interesting, or complex things to prick my ears up. I need something to challenge it to work harder to lift the experience above the banal. The outside world is usually pretty disappointing in this regard, which is why I often end up trying to generate those thoughts (and the consequent feelings) myself internally.

It does have the sense of an alternative commentary on events that's often in contrast to the external version, and this is the world that generates feelings. So as an example: someone might tell a not so great joke and internal commentary might say, "That's not funny. That's the 3rd unfunny joke he's made all night. He hasn't got a clue about basic humour", and I then react with amusement at the thought. Outwardly, it would seem like I'm amused at the joke, but really I'm amused at the filtered rendering of the joke; the interpretation of the joke. It's the reaction to the reaction. So the alternative commentary can offer up all sorts of feelings, albeit indirectly.

I'm not sure if that answers the question, or even if other IxFPs would agree with this.
    The pure bliss I feel is akin to the high you get from a drug... So to Fi-doms, is it like tryiing to find new ways to generate\trigger that high feeling...? Or maintain it internally?

What things for instance trigger a high or low? Are there withdrawal symptoms, when you cannot generate it from within... Is Ne-aux trying to find ways to do that?

What happens if the high cannot be maintained? Or if the harmony of the internal world is disturbed? How to bring back the high feeling back?

The bad feelings coming from Fi-aux shadow make me wanna puke them out... Is this how IxFPs create artwork?
    Last edited by yeghor; 04-01-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Edit bold

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Sorry I answered initially before your edit.

The pure bliss I feel is akin to the high you get from a drug... So to Fi-doms, is it like tryiing to find new ways to generate\trigger that high feeling...?Or maintain it internally?
    Yeah, exactly. There isn't a qualitative difference between finding it internally or externally for me (for the most part).

What things for instance trigger a high or low?
    I don't know if I can explain it well, but it's an (often sudden) awareness of a "truth" - something clicks with intense meaning. The feelings this evokes are the purest and most vivid form of emotion. Lots of things can trigger the highs: music, art, books, film/tv, nature, a conversation, introspective exploration etc. The lows usually come from introspection for me. Although, it can be hard to tell the differences between the high and the low in terms of inspiration, because the high can come from a depressing truth.

Are there withdrawal symptoms, when you cannot generate it from within... Is Ne-aux trying to find ways to do that?
    It does make me feel low not having enough of it, but then I rarely have a satisfactory amount. It's can be like constant, low-level depression or like the chronic longing of loneliness. Life in it's natural state is rather bland for me - I have to push it further to get more out of it. And yes, Ne in combination is the often the solution to that need (although it plays a part in generating it internally too).

What happens if the high cannot be maintained? Or if the harmony of the internal world is disturbed? How to bring back the high feeling back?
    For me it's never maintained. You have to keep scavenging for more. Either you dig deeper or you find something new.

The bad feelings coming from Fi-aux shadow make me wanna puke them out... Is this how IxFPs create artwork?
    Again it's confusing to talk in these terms because the good and bad converge for me. But depression does't make me want to create - it has the opposite effect. It makes me go more inward.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

...It does make me feel low not having enough of it, but then I rarely have a satisfactory amount. It's can be like constant, low-level depression or like the chronic longing of loneliness. Life in it's natural state is rather bland for me - I have to push it further to get more out of it. And yes, Ne in combination is the often the solution to that need (although it plays a part in generating it internally too).
    Some kind of constant melancholy...?

And I edited my earlier post...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Some kind of constant melancholy...?
    Sometimes. I go through phases where it is and phases where it's just bland discontent or boredom. It depends on my life circumstances and the status of my interpersonal relationships.

And I edited my earlier post...
    Yes, I noticed and edited my post.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte

Sometimes. I go through phases where it is and phases where it's just bland discontent or boredom. It depends on my life circumstances and the status of my interpersonal relationships.

Yes, I noticed and edited my post.
    Thanks...

...Again it's confusing to talk in these terms because the good and bad converge for me. But depression does't make me want to create - it has the opposite effect. It makes me go more inward.
    The bad emotional feeling makes me wanna go sleep, hazy and radiates to my arms and entire body...some kind of lethargy....I want to crawl up and fall asleep at those times...

As a sidenote have there been any times you've acted like an ENFJ? When feeling bad\angry or among friends? Accused people of having low Fe-worth? Or tried to organize people\friends around yourself?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    INFPs do you like playing sports? Which?
    Sure, as long as it's tennis, badminton or indoor hockey. Maybe volleyball as well (I can play a mean serve at times ).
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    My first question is, do many of you keep diaries and journals to work out your feelings? I've read it's an Fi thing to express feeling in writing, and figure things out that way. If so, do you ever keep them on the computer because it's easier to type than write? Or would that seem too impersonal?
    I don't find much inspiration in the humdrum, day-to-day stuff, but if something unusual happens, I'll write it out as a story. I have a folder in my computer for all my little mini-adventures.

Edit: Post # 1111, make a wish!

MBTI
    ?NFP
    Enneagram
    4w8 sx
    Socionics
    INFP

Those things would require Se-aux at least...
    I am pretty certain I use the function Ne. Surely N types are capable of co-ordination too?
    Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls - Anais Nin