User Tag List

123 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Tangents, Tangents, and More Tangents

Do you ever find yourselves having an internal monologue - well hell, of course it is a monologue, I don't have multiple personality disorder - well, anyway.

You're having an internal thought process while you are trying to fall asleep and this leads to that and that leads to the thing over there, and then you shock the hell out of yourself when you are almost 90% asleep and jerk yourself awake thinking, "Wait a minute, how did I get to THAT?" Then you backtrack to the point where you almost started, and you start all over again.

Yeah, eventually I put myself to sleep this way.

Um, how did I come to think about this question, anyway??? :-P
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm sitting at my desk in class at college... I look at my pen... my notebook... it's frustrating that I seem to think I know what's going on in the Monadology and yet my teacher's telling me and my classmates that we've got it all wrong... except for that one kid in the corner... he seems to have this stuff licked... why's he even here?

My teacher's balding, not attractive in the least... wife's not much to look at... but he's smart... published several books... has a job with some prestige in a well-known institution of learning... when will I get there?

What's the point anyway? What is there to get over there? I know I'm going to be drunk in six hours, so drunk there'll probably be a betting pool to see which dorm lobby I end up collapsing in.... there are four or five I frequent, but I often go to other ones... should I just stick to beer today?

Why drink at all? What do I get out of it? I like it... maybe cause I'm not getting laid... what's it all about, this sexual attraction thing? Isn't it just bargaining? You're pretty attractive, and I'm pretty attractive... you seem to have good prospects... alright, I'll do you... and if we keep doing each other after that, we'll eventually break down and say we love each other because that's just going to make the relationship seem that much less like business... more ideal... more fulfilling...

What would be fulfilling? Why am I even doing philosophy? What is there to do? I could go into molecular biology, and work on some isolated, obscure problem for forty years, maybe make a few million off a patent, win a Nobel Prize... and then what? I'm dead... I'm dead with a potbelly and a fat wife who was never that attractive and I've wasted my whole life working for others, bent over papers or microscopes investigating molecular structures which don't give a shit about whether or not I'm happy... maybe social services?

And why even bother with college? If I had the drive... I could just work my ass off as a stockbroker, bilking people out of money they don't need to spend on investments because their futures would be just as secure with their earnings in a bank.... more secure... huh... is there anything worth doing? I wish I had the discipline to pursue a medical degree... but I don't... I'm so worthless..

Oh shit... I just missed a whole argument the professor was laying out.... I'm fucked... I'm fucked... we've got an essay on this due in a week, and it's worth 20% of the grade... shit... fine... it's fine...

It's fine... I'll figure it out... maybe I'll ask that self-satisfied prick in the corner for his notes... I'll have to asslick him a bit, tell him I liked some trite comment he'd made earlier, one delivered just like an asshole would deliver it... fucking asshole... I hate him...

God I need a drink... fuck this... I'm going to go straight from class to Jeff's room... smoke a blunt... fuck math class... what's anyone going to do with math anyway? I wonder if Allison likes me... that would be hot... maybe I'll find her at the cafeteria and chat her up, invite her to the party in that dorm near the quad... yeah... I'll just have to play it cool... and if she doesn't bite the line, I'll just find that chick I hooked up with last week... if I can find her... I bet she was using me just as much as I was using her...

Fuck the Monadology... I can't believe I'm in this class... this professor's an asshole... oh, thank God it's over.... class is over... and I've been spaced out for almost half of it....
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP

This particular monologue... obviously not verbatim... but pretty much how it tends to happen... occurred in class... not while I was trying to sleep... but the latter happens too.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    This particular monologue... obviously not verbatim... but pretty much how it tends to happen... occurred in class... not while I was trying to sleep... but the latter happens too.
    Hahaha, Shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

No one does tangents like Ne dominants.

I liken my brain to a tree. Sure, you could be linear, but there are just so many branches to explore! Sometimes, though, when explaining some theory I've conjured up, I'll go from tangent branch to tangent branch without relating them to the premise they point to, which makes me sound random and incoherent. This is why I only socialize with psychics... psychics and other intuitives.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My hair is wet and it's dripping down my back..lucky me, I am wearing a terry cloth dress, it is blue.

Why is my hair so long and why is my shin pressed against a miniature sized wooden table, or is it a stool, stool, I wonder how you spell stool, as in stool of the fecal variety? Perhaps they're spelled the same.

My sister is on her way over here right now, no one writes but me in this family, this family being my family of course.

It is quite nice outside and by nice I do mean cool, why is my mother beckoning me, why are mothers so goddamn smothering?

I am wearing a turquoise ring, I love the stone sugulite (sp?).

Africa.

I know a few who are there right now.

Africa is a huge land mass, what makes an island an island? Isn't every land mass technically an island?

Men have it soooooo easy. Or maybe they don't.

I love tangents, and sometimes I love men, sometimes I want to taste each and every one of them but alas...can't.

Mr. Samuel for sure is an ENTP, I can smell his Ne from here...

L.A. vs. N.Y, new york wins

I have two of my closest friends out there

uh-oh my sister is home, she will be bugging me in precisely, one, two, thr...
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Here I am again sitting, smoking, sitting smoking, staring into a screen waiting for something of interest to pop up. Tangent, I like those. They take me away from this inner monologue that is there all the time. Unless, I am out in the woods it stops there for moments. The trees do all the talking. I am a rock on the hillside. Temporarily of course. So now I am back here sitting, smoking, sitting smoking. Staring into the screen. Typing for no real reason at all. Just something to do. I love this forum. Share my thoughts with folk here there and everywhere. See what is going on in their minds. I have been at this computer for too long. Jeez, I need to get a life. Hey I have one, it is just of the introverted sort. The air conditioner is making a humming noise but I don't mind it. It is kind of nice. Soothing. Smoking, sitting, here it is kind of nice too. I feel calmer now, but all of this smoke is making my mouth dry. I need to drink some water. Yeah the kind with fluoride in it. Those bastards. Is this silly?
    Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head..." - Ween

MBTI
    xNFP

Wow, this is really fascinating!!! Thank you for sharing! I am glad to know I am not the only one with this tendency.

Would anyone else like to share?

Personally, I do not know if you really want to hear my strange tangents. Hehehee

I do this frequently.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I knew it! Next time I see you space out like that I'm going to smack you.