User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 88

  1. #31
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Last I checked, you weren't a mind reader or an ENFP
    Yes

  2. #32
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    This is actually a really thought provoking topic in general.

    Is it possible to feel too insecure to be with someone?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Last I checked, you weren't a mind reader or an ENFP
    And last I checked, your trademark "charismatic", manipulative hogwash was supposed to work.
    It isn't. So what happened? Huh? What else do you have to fall back on?

    Exactly. That's what I thought.

    I patiently await your redundant wall-of-text response...

  4. #34
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    This is actually a really thought provoking topic in general.

    Is it possible to feel too insecure to be with someone?
    Well, like what @Giggly says, adding this it could pivot on what gifts one brings to the other, and perhaps just as importantly, how and if the other shows appreciation about one's gifts making a relationship (languages of love). Also how. Not to be too picky though.

    If these things resonate I would think there'd be a good chance for a relationship forming.

    Having said this, if someone is still too jittery they might have courage and anyway or if they're too generally insecure then I suppose it would be up to them whether they either rise up or decide to falter. If their self-image is one of unsure or insecurity, then hopefully they try and they'll at least be stronger for it and try again one day.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  5. #35
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    And last I checked, your trademark "charismatic", manipulative hogwash was supposed to work.
    It isn't. So what happened? Huh? What else do you have to fall back on?

    Exactly. That's what I thought.

    I patiently await your redundant wall-of-text response...


    I have no idea what crawled up your ass and died but:

    Quote Originally Posted by deanmartin12345 View Post
    Do any other ENFP's have any idea what is going on/what she is feeling?.
    The man asked for insights. Not judgement.

    This is his decision.

    We don't even have all the facts, nor do we know her or the situation. And the last thing he needs is a bunch of poorly thought out kneejerk reactions to fill his head with drivel, nor to have the woman he clearly cares about dragged through the mud by a bunch of strangers who seem for some reason incapable of seperating their own frustrations from his situation. I'm kind of taken aback by the torches and pitchforks madness going on in this thread, tbh
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post


    I have no idea what crawled up your ass and died but:



    The man asked for insights. Not judgement.
    You're never going to get a genuine answer from an ENFP.
    They're the CIA operatives of the Myers-Briggs world.

    Lies, half-truths, disinformation and propaganda are the tools of the craft.
    Obfuscating to the extent that any inherent truth is lost in the mix.

    This only works on fools and children; I am neither.

    This is his decision.

    We don't even have all the facts, nor do we know her or the situation.
    You don't need facts when you have intuition.

    And the last thing he needs is a bunch of poorly thought out kneejerk reactions to fill his head with drivel, nor to have the woman he clearly cares about dragged through the mud by a bunch of strangers who seem for some reason incapable of seperating their own frustrations from his situation. I'm kind of taken aback by the torches and pitchforks madness going on in this thread, tbh
    The last thing he needs is to "understand" people who clearly aren't worthy of relationships.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    *spits out coffee laughing*

  8. #38
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Because she's still kissing him.
    After he convinces her they should keep trying...

    That's why I say she's guilty of letting him sway her instead of sticking to her feelings, but not of much else. In the moment, she's too easily seeing his view & feelings & forgetting her own.

    She's doing the thing where she's keeping him hanging on...just in case something better doesn't come along or she feels afraid. Or dumped by her new boyfriend.
    She's not keeping him hanging on, IMO. He's keeping her hanging on. If he accepted her feelings, they'd be broken up.
    She's not trying to convince him to stick around...he's trying to convince her.

    Perhaps she is not a super clear communicator, but I can easily imagine that is due to trying to spare his feelings & not invalidate them either. Maybe some Te will finally come out & she'll give him no uncertain terms.

    I guess this is how I'm seeing it:

    ENFP meets ESTP & finds him attractive. She pursues potential as Ne-dom do, & they date. She's enamoured more with an idea of him than anything though, and as his reality become clearer, doubt sets in about the real potential. His absence gave her time to sort out her own feelings (Fi) instead of staying caught up in pursuing an idea. She seeks to end it & gives her reasons. He keeps trying to talk her out of it. When they meet, her heart is tugged by his feelings & she sees his perspective in the moment (perhaps reviving some "potential"), and agrees to keep trying or at least think about. When alone, she recalls her own feelings & why they are valid & goes back to her prior decision.

    I see her as being tugged back & forth, and only guilty of not standing her ground (over-empathizing). He needs to let go....

    EDIT: I notice the ENFPs feel she is still sorting & has not reached a conclusion. I suppose Fi decisions are less clear for them (as a Fi-dom, I rarely need to separate my feelings from someone else's; very foreign to me), but the OP still makes me think she's pretty solid on her feelings already and is mainly swayed when around him. If he lets her go, I don't think she'll be back.

    Anyway, I understand the OP's upset at the fickleness. I suspect her doubts have been forming quietly in the back of her head, but only emerged as clear feelings to make a decision with during the absence.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    The reason why it seems so clear-cut to me is because I always know how I feel that far into a relationship. Either it clicks or it doesn't, and if I were to say that I don't feel what I should feel in a relationship, there's no connection, I would mean EXACTLY THAT. To me that means there isn't anything real or intimate going on, that it's been fun, you're a nice guy, but we're not "in love" though I may like you or care about you.

    As a person who has almost compulsively sought intimacy in her life, even if I am not an ENFP (and this should probably clear up people thinking that I am, that I am not as sympathetic as the ENFP females in this thread seem to be, so likely not) ...if I said those words, it would amount to "I am not feeling it. We have not established the bond we should have, physically mentally or emotionally."

    To me it seems pretty simple, and in the ENFP-INTJ thread, @Orobas said the other day something about an ENFP girl stringing along a guy she really had no interest in, and how she thought he was a tortured INTJ, and the ENFP had a bf, but she kept "leaving the door open" for "possibilities."

    That's a bunch of fucking shit and it hurts people, okay? So she shouldn't be kissing him after she made a declaration like that. I disagree with @OrangeAppled that she's "over empathizing." If she really had empathy, she'd turn him loose instead of being so selfish about being perceived as "nice" or whatever the fuck, or leaving the door open just in case she can't find a solid replacement soon enough.

    That is honestly the way I view the situation. You know guys, ENFPs have flaws just like every other type, they aren't perfect people, and stringing people along opportunistically under a facade of kindness could potentially be one of them.

    It's selfish. It's not kind. Kind is being forthright and honest, and letting him go. This is the kind of thing people do when they have trepidation about losing their cash cow or their regular date, what someone might do when afraid of being alone, not because they actually aren't sure they love the person.

    Maybe I'm more sure of my feelings than an ENFP. Who knows. Maybe that points to Fi dom over Fi aux for me.

  10. #40
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    My ex did something very similar: Told me she loved, that she adored me, that she wanted committment and a longterm thing with me.....but then pushed me away and told me I brought out the worst in her when I gave her everything she asked me too

    Do yourself a favor and walk away. She may love you, she may not, but what she's doing is unfair to you. She sounds like she's got some things she needs to work out and it's not your job to wait around and wait for her to decide that you're worth it. As I tell most N's: SHE NEEDS TO SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Similar Threads

  1. RELIGIOUS ENFP GIRLFRIEND KEEPS BREAKING UP WITH ME
    By Aweso_23 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 08:31 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP girlfriend confusing me! Help!
    By fecaleagle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 11-17-2016, 01:44 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP fell for me fast. Should I be concerned?
    By Strawberry Unicorn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 03:03 PM
  4. [ENFP] INFJ does not understand ENFP please help me get to the bottom of it :)
    By pollypossom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
  5. [ENFP] How can I tell if an ENFP is into me?
    By ed111 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO