User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default INFP's, inadequate compared to ENFP's?

INFP's, do you ever feel inadequate compared to ENFP's?

non-INFP's, do you often see INFP's as inadequate compared to ENFP's?

Personally, I don't feel like ENFP's are quite as warm and gooey as we are, but they do a tremendously more effective job of communicating their warm gooeyness to the rest of the world than we do. I think much of the rest of the world is not "interested in depth" enough to find out how warm and gooey we are. So yes, I sometimes feel inadequate when compared to ENFP's.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Inadequate? Uh... I can't say that I've ever felt that.

I don't really see any point in comparing my type to other types in that way. We all have our strengths, and ENFPs may be better communicators, but I have no interest in communicating my non-existent warm-and-gooey-ness to many people anyway.
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

No!
    INFPs are wonderful in a completely different way than ENFPs.
    I'm drawn to ENFPs because of their energy...because of chemistry...and I don't know why. But I'm always suspicious of them. It's hard to know what they really think of me. When I've needed to ask advice, etc. from my ENFP friend, I"ve had to preface it with "just give it to me straight...don't gush." My ENFP boss, during my performance review, I always have to ask him not to gush. I love him though.
    The two INFPs that I know (have been through testing and stuff) are flippin' brilliant. Whoever made the "are INFPs intelligent?" threads are completely off. The ones that I know are so smart and I LOVE talking to them. We have so much in common but are different too. They soothe me. Not inadequate at all--different in an equally wonderful way as ENFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I never related to ENFPs until I encountered them online & saw more of their internal thought process. The exception being a few famous ENFP e4s, but that's not the same as "in person" either. I generally find them very different as far as external demeanor goes. And for the record, I'm not really warm & gooey.... I care in a more fiery way. It has to be kept contained a bit or it'd burn everything down.

In person, I've had a few become jealous over me (I know cuz they told me). I'm taken more seriously than they are & often treated as more intelligent (these specific individuals I mean). They are more charming & do better socially over all, but people sometimes treat them as if they're silly (It's funny how online it's almost opposite; INFPs can be dismissed as fluffy or emo or whatever). I've noticed a bit of "introvert envy" among ENFx in general. Sometimes they think they are INFx, because I think they have insecurity over being "deep". The thing is, I never find these people shallow or silly (in a bad way; good silly sometimes). I DO resent when their resentment over my opinions supposedly carrying more weight/influence leads to them trying to paint me negatively to others.

I do admire their strengths, many of which I lack, but I don't think I'd want to make a trade.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The two seem so different to me that it is almost impossible to compare. The one exception might be an INFP enneagram 7 that did seem a lot like an ENFP.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

we should feel inadequate, cause we neither have the analytical insight of ENTPs nor the emotional insight of INFPs... and for warm and gooey without consequence you have the ESFPs. I feel like ENFPs are a bit of everything but not perfect at anything.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The one exception might be an INFP enneagram 7 that did seem a lot like an ENFP.
    Honestly, I don't think many, if any, INFP 7s exist.

The two are pretty damn antithetical to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    and for warm and gooey without consequence you have the ESFPs.
    I don't think ESFPs are really all that warm and gooey -- more like bubbly, air-headed, and outgoing.

ESFPs can often be cold and sharp (and shallow) in a way that ENFPs generally aren't.

That's why ENFPs are often so much more enjoyable than ESFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I've always felt a bit inadequate compared to my ENFP sister because she's better than me in a lot of things, but that's probably just sibling rivalry.
    In comparison to other ENFP's I know, no because they're all boys and it's hard to compare yourself to the opposite sex (at least for me). They are very kind-hearted and we have the same sense of humour.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    No!
    INFPs are wonderful in a completely different way than ENFPs.
    I'm drawn to ENFPs because of their energy...because of chemistry...and I don't know why. But I'm always suspicious of them. It's hard to know what they really think of me. When I've needed to ask advice, etc. from my ENFP friend, I"ve had to preface it with "just give it to me straight...don't gush." My ENFP boss, during my performance review, I always have to ask him not to gush. I love him though.
    The two INFPs that I know (have been through testing and stuff) are flippin' brilliant. Whoever made the "are INFPs intelligent?" threads are completely off. The ones that I know are so smart and I LOVE talking to them. We have so much in common but are different too. They soothe me. Not inadequate at all--different in an equally wonderful way as ENFPs.
    I wish I felt as enthusiastic about people as you seem to! I'm really disenchanted with everyone right now, even my fellow NFPs

I only know one ENFP, my English teacher, and in some ways I feel more grounded and capable than him. But overall I admire him, and really like most famous ENFPs and the ones I've come across on this forum.

does anyone get the impression that, in real life, INFPs are taken more seriously than ENFPs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Breadth or depth is the essence of the question. Neither is inadequate when understood in the light of the purpose for which they exist.

To be honest, it can be frustrating to hear things like this. INFPs have it better off in a lot of ways that I envy.