User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay so i may have read this thread last year and forgot, maybe i even already commented..i'll find out in a sec...but are you all reeeaaally that warm and gooey? i get emotionally deep but not really gooey so much. from my perspective...i think enfps kinda are way more gooey...but you guys are more deeply emotional..probably.

edit: sorry that was just to address that part of it but...come on man...i hope you don't still feel that way. infps are awesome. i'll come back in a sec...i'm trying to read the thread haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You meant Goofy not gooey
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Because you show very little social/emotional/at all reaction ?!
    That is funny you say that! I dated an ENTP and he would always call me aloof. I thought he was great, a bit of a player but we got along really well. He would not stop calling me aloof...I felt like he was used to women just falling all over him and that is exactly what I was not going to do. We had crazy instant mental/physical chemistry...it was insane. He seemed like he needed what I did...to be pursued, he did pursue me, but I was hesitant to give back because I felt like he was a player. He did say one of the sweetest things to me I'll never forget, but you guys are tricky to trust.

I show a great depth of emotion when I feel "safe" with someone, ENFPs and ENTPs don't make me feel that way and I don't know why. There is always this wonder if whether or not they are being genuine and that's really important to me.

I have a close ENFP friend but we have known each other for years. Now that I think of it she did say I was standoffish (those were not her exact words, she was more blunt lol) at first.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You meant Goofy not gooey
    We are very warm, goofy and gooey and yes deeply emotional once we let you in. We protect our hearts, a broken hearted INFP is a mess.

If you have ever witnessed one, you would probably just want to shake them, it's a sad sad sight.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    That is funny you say that! I dated an ENTP and he would always call me aloof. I thought he was great, a bit of a player but we got along really well. He would not stop calling me aloof...I felt like he was used to women just falling all over him and that is exactly what I was not going to do. We had crazy instant mental/physical chemistry...it was insane. He seemed like he needed what I did...to be pursued, he did pursue me, but I was hesitant to give back because I felt like he was a player. He did say one of the sweetest things to me I'll never forget, but you guys are tricky to trust.

I show a great depth of emotion when I feel "safe" with someone, ENFPs and ENTPs don't make me feel that way and I don't know why. There is always this wonder if whether or not they are being genuine and that's really important to me.
    Thats prolly my last 10 year realationship with an infp summed up in two words.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    We are very warm, goofy and gooey and yes deeply emotional once we let you in. We protect our hearts, a broken hearted INFP is a mess.

If you have ever witnessed one, you would probably just want to shake them, it's a sad sad sight.
    If you try to appeal to my guarding instinct, you'll fail. I have an infp ward, by now !!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    General question for anybody: how frequently, or perhaps non-frequently, are INFP's grounded or grounding for others? I have been for like most of my life, as many people have told me, but I've also done lots of yoga, martial arts, outdoorsy time, and spent most of my life around the military. So I'm not exactly anybody's "stereotypical INFP"! I've also had the often-not-privilege of having Te "take precedence over everything else", so I'm almost certainly far more Te-capable than many other INFP's. I'm also very well-connected and "tame" in my Ne and its application. I do feel less NF-y than mnay other NF's though, and definitely much less NFP-y than most other NFP's.

Part of what I so like about ENFP's is that they really "put out there" and "let it all hang out there" stuff that so many things in my life taught me "were not socially appropriate." Anti-Fi, anti-Ne, attitudes, pro "squared away STJ-ness." ENFP's are like "healers" for me, showing me ways to "put it all [Fi, Ne] out there, and have it be socially acceptable." That and/or they show me "not to [care] if other people dont appreciate having Fi and Ne put it out there and to do it anyways."
    that warmed my heart a lil awww i feel like i'm so often trying to express that to my infp bf...like...you are freakin awesome...if someone doesn't get it that's on them. that just means they're not awesome in the same way you are...and if you value different things why do you care what they think of you??!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

INFP's are amazing...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    General question for anybody: how frequently, or perhaps non-frequently, are INFP's grounded or grounding for others? I have been for like most of my life, as many people have told me, but I've also done lots of yoga, martial arts, outdoorsy time, and spent most of my life around the military. So I'm not exactly anybody's "stereotypical INFP"! I've also had the often-not-privilege of having Te "take precedence over everything else", so I'm almost certainly far more Te-capable than many other INFP's. I'm also very well-connected and "tame" in my Ne and its application. I do feel less NF-y than mnay other NF's though, and definitely much less NFP-y than most other NFP's.

Part of what I so like about ENFP's is that they really "put out there" and "let it all hang out there" stuff that so many things in my life taught me "were not socially appropriate." Anti-Fi, anti-Ne, attitudes, pro "squared away STJ-ness." ENFP's are like "healers" for me, showing me ways to "put it all [Fi, Ne] out there, and have it be socially acceptable." That and/or they show me "not to [care] if other people dont appreciate having Fi and Ne put it out there and to do it anyways."
    This pretty much perfectly describes why I love ENFPs.

INFPs are great, but I've never hit it off with them as well. I have some good INFP friends, but generally when I encounter an INFP irl, we end up disliking each other for the typical shadow-oriented reasons. By contrast, I've had a "click" with almost every confirmed ENFP I know, right off the bat.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I should think that an INFP would be eventually horrified and feel extremely put upon if suddenly the world noticed them the same way as it does the ENFP. Being noticed is a big responsibility and gets tiresome as hell. I could see an INFP, after some time passing, suddenly feeling quite smothered and wishing for some desperately needed privacy and time to themselves to just think/feel. Maybe even coming to the conclusion eventually that it's impossible to trust/truly know who likes them for what quality and why.

It's just as possible to be lonely and feel misunderstood in a crowd.
    this is such a good point. i know my infp wouldn't like to have a lot of attention.
    -Jim Morrison