User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 133

  1. #111
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    I should think that an INFP would be eventually horrified and feel extremely put upon if suddenly the world noticed them the same way as it does the ENFP. Being noticed is a big responsibility and gets tiresome as hell. I could see an INFP, after some time passing, suddenly feeling quite smothered and wishing for some desperately needed privacy and time to themselves to just think/feel. Maybe even coming to the conclusion eventually that it's impossible to trust/truly know who likes them for what quality and why.

    It's just as possible to be lonely and feel misunderstood in a crowd.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  2. #112
    Senior Member Scott N Denver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I should think that an INFP would be eventually horrified and feel extremely put upon if suddenly the world noticed them the same way as it does the ENFP. Being noticed is a big responsibility and gets tiresome as hell. I could see an INFP, after some time passing, suddenly feeling quite smothered and wishing for some desperately needed privacy and time to themselves to just think/feel. Maybe even coming to the conclusion eventually that it's impossible to trust/truly know who likes them for what quality and why.

    It's just as possible to be lonely and feel misunderstood in a crowd.
    those are all very good points.

  3. #113
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    those are all very good points.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #114
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I should think that an INFP would be eventually horrified and feel extremely put upon if suddenly the world noticed them the same way as it does the ENFP. Being noticed is a big responsibility and gets tiresome as hell. I could see an INFP, after some time passing, suddenly feeling quite smothered and wishing for some desperately needed privacy and time to themselves to just think/feel. Maybe even coming to the conclusion eventually that it's impossible to trust/truly know who likes them for what quality and why.

    It's just as possible to be lonely and feel misunderstood in a crowd.
    Nevertheless reserving energy to take on responsibility from time for yourself can ease other lots of worries you could have because you did to little about them. If ever an entp would need to tell you that seriously, you are really deep in the gutter
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #115
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Nevertheless reserving energy to take on responsibility from time for yourself can ease other lots of worries you could have because you did to little about them. If ever an entp would need to tell you that seriously, you are really deep in the gutter
    wut?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  6. #116
    Member Dudesowin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Saint: Aim to get it done right the first time and catch you when you fall.
    Guru: Laugh at you when you don't get it done the first time because who can?

    Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat everyday then probably die of mercury poisoning or improper cooking since that was lesson 2.

    INFP are easy to understand its just that people don't probe other people in such ways anymore. Your digital persona is completely contrary to how you are in real life, every feeling that you say is so over analysed. Its a rare spectrum of primordial sophistication that I don't get like Old english boxing etiquette. I suggest using more emoticons they are awesome.
    Mastery is its own reward.

  7. #117
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    wut?
    My infp is big on using that "lonely time" she needs, to put off responsibilities she has. That from time does make her quite lazy and unsuccessful in her goals. When the lonely time then passes she starts to come back to reality but then is hurried to reach all the goals she missed before and becomes very badly emotional about her own laziness. This often is a vicious circle for her.

    So I meant putting up the teaser that you at time need "lonely time" is perfectly ok, but its no introvert thing alone, everyone needs that. And it shouldnt keep you from at least basically finishing your responsibilities, otherwise this will be a problem for oneself.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #118
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ixtx
    Enneagram
    591
    Socionics
    istj
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I still test as INFP to this day. I type INFP on Internet four dichotomy tests more often than not, but I think it's because they're all a very similar format. My official paid Myers Briggs is INFP. I don't think I type as INFP out of depression, far from it. I'm actually more likely to type with a higher S percentage now, or as ISFP or even ISTP sometimes because of my realization that I am not terribly abstract, I changed a lot of my perceptions of what "abstract" even meant, I initially thought like most people on the Internet, that all Sensors were simpletons who didn't ever read a lot or do "intellectual" things, but that was a long time ago.

    I think I'm more likely to get T-ish scores when I'm depressed too because then I feel very cranky about people, and so I'm more likely to get "hates people" scores which are falsely correlated to T traits. Like "I am blunt and direct" because Fs are always supposed to be sunshine and light and endless good manners?

    I've just never valued structure or corporate America very much, but I like money very much. I wouldn't compromise certain things for money though; ultimately my free time, ability to enjoy my life, and relationships with others and ability to do what I want have always been the priority, and money is incidental in making that happen, and I've had the fortune to find tangible but sometimes risky or altertnative ways of making it.
    Thank you!! Sometimes I think less than 10% who take the MBTI actually bother to try understanding personality theory. It's a wonderful occasion when I come across someone like you who has really done some research and isn't interested in lying to themselves. Everyone thinks they're an NF or an NT even though iNtuitives are the rarest and most difficult to come across. They say "because the test said so" but the accuracy of the test is always based on the test taker's willingness to be honest with themselves. I get sick of everyone lying to themselves all the time. I know that no one wants to say they have trouble understanding really complex things or that they don't catch on right away or whathaveyou, and I know that a lot of people are secretly conceited and don't want to admit to themselves that they're not secretly geniuses that are just misunderstood by their friends. Highly abstracts concepts can be interesting to most people but that . But people need to face reality at least once in their life... let it be about their personality.

    You also pointed out that the MBTI falsely correlates T traits with low accommodation and F traits with high levels of accommodation (and pretty much claims that the relationship is totally causal). This is another one of those things that's just silly. For me, it happens to be true, but for my boyfriend, it's completely false. He's definitely a Thinker but he's frighteningly accommodating. People need to understand that saying when someone is wrong or pointing out flaws in a system isn't unaccommodating and - for an INTJ who, Socionically speaking, has almost no understanding of how Se power struggles and societal hierarchies work - it's definitely not meant to be a point of conflict. It's just honesty. A simple discussion about objective truth. INTPs may be more interested in the hierarchies but INTJs actually fear conflict in some cases, just as much as INFJs. The placement of Se in the Id or Ego makes just as much of a difference as T and F do, but that still can't always determine someone's inherent level of accommodation.

    You seem like you've really looked into this and know what you're talking about. If you haven't already looked into this, go to sociotype.com. At first (and maybe 20th) glace, it lacks the kid-friendly simplicity of the MBTI. I believe that's the reason it's so much less popular. It takes effort to learn about Sociotypes and understand them. But when you do, it will probably be the most rewarding experience you've had with personality theory for some time. The focus on functions is far greater and that sets it apart from the MBTI in a very positive way. Once you understand how that system works, it feels like you've achieved some kind of transcendence (Depp movie that everyone should watch - the Christian Science Monitor gave it a bad rating because the religious possibilities scare them) of the MBTI that you didn't even know existed.

  9. #119
    Senior Member lecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp
    Posts
    148

    Default

    I wish I had their energy and charisma, but I don't feel inadequate around them. Sometimes I feel like they feel uncomfortable around me. I am not sure why, I am usually pretty easy to get along with.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

  10. #120
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lecky View Post
    I wish I had their energy and charisma, but I don't feel inadequate around them. Sometimes I feel like they feel uncomfortable around me. I am not sure why, I am usually pretty easy to get along with.
    Because you show very little social/emotional/at all reaction ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] It's possible to go from an INFP to ENFP. I think I've found a way of my own to.
    By flameskull95 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM
  2. [NF] How do INFPs intuit things about people compared to INFJs and Vice Versa?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 08:50 AM
  3. [INFP] changing from infp to enfp
    By gigi_xo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:33 AM
  4. [INFP] INFP's secret desire to be center of attention?
    By FaboVI in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
  5. [ENFP] What happens to Enfps as they get older?
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO