User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Default What's your favourite type of 'creation'?

What do you prefer.. books, movies, paintings, statues, poems, etc.
    and why?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Anything that transcends whatever it should have been. It could be any of those things, but if it started as one thing and the artist let it naturally evolve until it reached heights no one, not even the creator expected, then that is when it becomes special enough to be a favorite of mine. Of course, anything that I can consider transcending itself is subjective, so it's probably not what you're looking for. Sorry.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

For me it would be the complete mastery of mind and transcendental power of one's will to overcome any challenge and make any sacrifice to reach the crowning zenith of achievement!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I will not rest; I will not sleep, relax, relent, or be satisfied until my goals have been met, the challenge answered and all my doubters silenced. I will not give in to my foes; I wont let down my teammates. I wont stop inspiring those who look up to me or stop giving motivation to those who motivate me. I will not back off until I’m back on top, back in the place where they said I could never be again. Mountains dont scare me. The lack of mountains scare me. The climb up, the struggle for every inch of ground and every level of ascension is what feeds me. I welcome that challenge. I welcome that chance to be fed because no matter what - no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined. ― Kobe Bryant
    "The will is a world architect and composer, the will is a world power and mover. The world is shaped in the image of our wills and by the power of our wills. Will has essentially the nature of a force. Like all forces, will has a magnitude and a direction, and just like things move in the direction of the strongest force, things move in the direction of the strongest will. Whenever you loose something, you faced a greater will and were overpowered by it. If you want something to happen strongly enough, if the world wants something to happen strongly enough, then it is going to happen. The will is a creator. Will is a living organism, it grows and develops along with the individual. Weak individuals are characterized by a weak will or lack of will. Ill people are known by an ill will or a destructive will. Hence the presence and development of will is absolutely essential for personal and spiritual ascension. The key to the higher and diviner life is a strong and healthy will, a will to improve, a will to exceed, a will to life, but most importantly a will to ascend. The seed transforms into a flower by a will to ascend in the instrument. The will to ascend is an elevator to the higher levels of being, a key to unlock the higher potentials of life and a power to manifest them. I do want to climb a high mountain today!" ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Attachment 9138
    Explore the Edge of Endlessness - Ascend the Mountain of Transformation - Omnipotence
    “Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity. If thou but settest foot on this path, thou shalt see it everywhere." ― Hermes

If it is not true it is very well invented. What we each seek is the direction of our dreams. Though these concepts we create may not have a real immanence in existence, they should nonetheless serve us as guiding stars we can gaze to from across the horizon, ideals we can all aspire towards and follow. If we push our chase to the edge, places un-previously imagined in our time may shine with all promise as they progress from possibilities to present paths we will walk. The particular map I present in this program is a projection that can work for all people, as it allows for individuality and being your own true self.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Novels are my favorite, especially fantasy/urban fantasy/paranormal romance. But I love a good story in nearly any form.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I used to like a lot of visual media, painting, carving, etc, and I still do, but I think my focus has turned more toward food recently. Learning new techniques, blending flavors, different pairings... and I really love plating too.

Added side benefits:

1. it is a more functional type of creation; you have to eat anyway
    2. the end product is ultimately consumed; there aren't any cluttery remains from the process (eat up or wash away)
    3. you can share with other people, which is added enjoyment

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I most appreciate "practical" place-art... design and decorating in particular... I love the creation of positive atmospheres for people to live and interact within. Gardens, meditation rooms, bedrooms, museums, hotels, convention halls, gathering places, stores, anywhere there is an opportunity to create a place of environmentally-friendly rejuvenating immersion. Plants, water, wood, trees, soft lighting, natural lighting, comfortable seating, freedom of movement. We were not born to be boxed in dirty backrooms.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    What do you prefer.. books, movies, paintings, statues, poems, etc.
    and why?
    Which do we prefer as a user, or as a creator?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Which do we prefer as a user, or as a creator?
    That is funny, I totally interpreted it as "creator" - my answer would be quite different in terms of which I prefer to experience/consume.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    That is funny, I totally interpreted it as "creator" - my answer would be quite different in terms of which I prefer to experience/consume.
    Well, it would be the same, plus more things, namely movies, TV shows, and music.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I meant user, but I would like to hear both