• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are all INFPs obsessed with Ramen?

Nicki

Retired
Are they? I've noticed this with the INFPs I've met. If you ever want to figure out if someone's really an INFP, just ask them if they like Ramen.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But...I like Ramen, Allie. :<

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OMG YES RAMEN!!!

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Do you put in the seasoning packet before or after the boiling?

The directions say put it in after. I think that's a great failure, I put it it in before the boil for maximum broth flavor absorption, which is clearly the best way to do things.

Some people are noodle crunchers, however. That's blasphemy. You don't crunch the noodles and spill them out into the pan all stubby like that.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am a pre-seasoner as well, and I prefer an unbroken cake of noodles.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What do you do with the noodle crumbs, Bamboo? I don't like to put them in the water with my pristine cake of noodles, so I usually just pour them into my gaping maw and crunch them raw.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
A pot pure as your heart, but a mouth sullied by crumbs. Perhaps I can look past this.

Makes a good salad topping. Like croutons. I'm more of a "dump everything including the spice packet which I'll fish out with a spoon or with my hand and try not to burn myself" type. Fast and dirty.

Do you measure the water out?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are they? I've noticed this with the INFPs I've met. If you ever want to figure out if someone's really an INFP, just ask them if they like Ramen.
What do we ask you to see if you're really an ENTJ? ;)
Do you put in the seasoning packet before or after the boiling?

The directions say put it in after. I think that's a great failure, I put it it in before the boil for maximum broth flavor absorption, which is clearly the best way to do things.
Oh yeah. I do the same thing.

Well, I add half the flavor packet. Or if I decide to use chicken stock instead of water, I don't add the flavor packet at all. But either way, I make up for the lost powdered flavoring with loads of frozen veggies, plus fish sauce, shrimp paste, Sriracha, and maybe an egg.

I used to add peanut butter. Might start doing that again.
Do you measure the water out?
No way! Measuring is for the weak. I live dangerously. :cool:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do not like ramen! I do, however, like soba and udon, which are types of japanese noodles that may or may not be like ramen, I'm not really sure. I have been to Japan, and I liked there noodles when I was there. I did not have any ramen there, I have not had any since like high school if not earlier.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't measure the water, but I do always make it in the same pot that has a discolored ring at the right water level for perfect ramen.. from years of making perfect ramen.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Mmmmm ramen. I haven't tried putting the seasoning in first. I will have to try that. When I'm being fancy, I add frozen chopped turnips and turnip greens and hot sauce. :happy2: I bought a small sauce pan for making ramen and hot tea and can eyeball the amount of water I like (1.5 cups) pretty well as long as I'm only making one package.

My youngest son crunches the noodles up in the package and cooks them in the microwave in a paper bowl. :sick:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol YES I'm known for this. I used to live on it. 2 pack a day habit.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My money is on 'No.'

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mmmmm ramen. I haven't tried putting the seasoning in first. I will have to try that. When I'm being fancy, I add frozen chopped turnips and turnip greens and hot sauce. :happy2:
Turnip greens?! I am intrigued!

I wonder what the strong flavor of the turnip greens would be like in the ramen... Do you doctor the ramen up in any other way besides those three things? Which ramen flavor goes best with the turnip greens? What kind of hot sauce do you use? (Sriracha, I hope! I'm addicted to the stuff. :heart: )
My money is on 'No.'
But if limited anecdotal evidence supports it, then it MUST be true!

...Right? :(

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love Ramen. I must be an INFP :)